“Great seafood at an unsuspecting spot!” 5 of 5 stars

508 759-7844
Improve this listing
Ranked #23 of 40 Restaurants in Buzzards Bay
Cuisines: Seafood
“Great seafood at an unsuspecting spot!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Initially pulling up to this small store front we were a little underwhelmed, but the warm reception from the staff and the fantastic food quickly calmed our concerns. We tried the lobster rolls, clam chowder, fish and chips and the fried shrimp, all above and beyond our expectations. We would definitely recommend to our friends and return the next time were in the area!

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Paris, France
“We stop here every time we head down to the Vineyard”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Lobsters are the freshest. Any time my wife and I head down to see family on Martha's Vineyard we stop here to pick up 2 to 10 lobsters. My wife turned me on to this tradition via her own experiences of this routine for 30 years in her family. Her mother was a faithful patron on her visits and they never disappointed. This time we got to chatting with the owner and it added to the experience because he also speaks a bit of French. It's on the west side of the roundabout/rotary after you get off the Bourne Bridge when you're going south. And as his flyer states "A Beacon for Great Seafood"...it's no lie. Plenty of parking and easy enough to spot with the tower. His flyer also says that you can call ahead but we've never done that because we've never really been in a rush. Try it out....can't think of the guy's name but if you speak a little French try it on him.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
ericl1098
“Good New England Seafood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

We stop at this restaurant everytime we visit the Cape. This trip, my wife had fried oysters and she loved them. I had the fisherman's fried seafood platter, and it was great. Their scallops are amazing! Their Chowder was great, but I felt they were skimpy on the clams. Owner of the restaurant is very friendly and gracious, and it is an enjoyable place to stop for a quick bite to eat.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Florida
“Nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Typcial New England fried meals. Clam strips & fries. The coleslaw was ridiculously small. From the reviews thought this would be better than the Lobster Trap. The chowder was watery and lacked large chunks of clams or other fish. Not a bad meal but not a great meal. Enjoyed chatting with the proprietor (Larry) who was very engaging. Seating is outside on a picknic bench on the rotary next to the gasoline station. If you need the rest room you're directed to the gas station.

• Visited June 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Sutton, Massachusetts
“Delicious stuffed cohogs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

I always go to see Larry for the fried lobster but on the last visit with my kids I tried one of his cohogs stuffed with some kind of delicious seafood stuffing. I usually make my own which up in till now were my favorite. I think I will leave the prep and cooking to him because they were actually better than my homemade ones!!. Im getting hungry just thinkin of them!

• Visited June 2012