“Don't even think about stopping here to use their facilities!” 1 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Coffee Shop, Diner
Garden City, New York
“Don't even think about stopping here to use their facilities!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

They will not allow you to use their facilities unless you make a purchase or decide to eat. My wife asked politely since it was an emergency and they said we had to come in to dine. I wish they would've been friendlier since it is a tourist area. I'm sure the food is really good for a tourist area(meaning good location) but such a rude welcome(stinky attitude) turns you off even if you did consider coming in to dine. Oh by the way, it was July 4th weekend...God bless America for such nice people elsewhere!

• Visited July 2011

Boston
“Worst Pancakes on Earth (and Cape Cod)”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2008

My husband and I stopped here to have breakfast one morning while we were in the area and although it wasn't during the busy summer months, the restaurant parking lot was still strangely empty considering IHOP is one of the most popular breakfast restaurants in the country, and I even said to my husband, "where is everybody." Well, it certainly didn't take long to figure out why the parking lot was practically empty on a Saturday morning at 8:00 a.m.

Where shall I begin with this breakfast experience? Our waitress came to our table chewing gum, which by itself wouldn't be so bad, but trying to chew and talk was a little annoying. But it turned out that she was really nice so that made up for the gum chewing. I ordered what IHOP is famous for -- pancakes. When they arrived I thought it was unusual that the butter wasn't sitting on the top of my stack of pancakes, but had went through the top pancake and in the center of my stack of pancakes was a hole created by the mound of butter. On the first bite I discovered that the pancakes were not cooked and instead of getting the light, fluffy variety that I'm so accustomed to from IHOP, I had before me a stack of doughy, uncooked, pancake batter. It was disgusting.

I complained to the waitress and then to the manager who promptly went into the kitchen to speak to the cook. There was then yelling from the kitchen, the cook obviously didn't agree with my opinion of his pancakes. The manager then came out and informed me that there was nothing wrong with the pancakes. Need I say more? This was a horrible breakfast experience and instead of IHOP doing something to save the day, they instead opted to stand in defense of a cook who can't cook pancakes.

My husband and I are in this area quite often, but we wouldn't consider breakfast here if our lives depended on it.