“SANDY'S RESTURANT” 3 of 5 stars

5 Bourne Bridge Road, Buzzards Bay, MA
Improve this listing
Ranked #15 of 42 restaurants in Buzzards Bay
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: A restaurant that has reopened after a couple of years. New owners that have the original recipes from the old owners.
Wareham, Massachusetts
“SANDY'S RESTURANT”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Sandy's has had a great makeover! Looks sooo nice with long wood bar and very nice dining room. Sandy's had been a favorite since we moved here 13 years ago. Great place we went to with friends who are no longer with us. Great memories. We were so sad when it closed down for a couple of years. We (husband & I) with two other people/ They didn't seem as happy as I was with their food, and the prices have gone up some. Two of us had the clam strips and two had the lobster rolls. They said the lobster rolls weren't very big for the price. I was happy with the clam stripes, but our friend wasn't. There was a long wait. The waiter said the order got 'lost', but never informed us until we asked why others who came in after us are eating and we hadn't gotten our food yet. No apology's~maybe he was new. But our friend had to eat in a rush since we were late getting served. and he was heading for a Dr.'s appointment. Overall we were a bit disappointed, but I'm glad to see them open again.

• 3 of 5 stars Food

66% Recommend
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Absolutely Great Seafood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

There's good seafood kicking around here at the Cape, but Sandy's has them all beat. It's worth the wait to get some of the best (if not the best) seafood I have ever had!

The decor is funky - kinda of like your mother's house in the 70's - having said that the fishing pole rods serving as valances are really cool and imaginative.

Great servers as well.

As someone stated - kinda hard to locate- (just keep spinning around that rotary! - it's worth it).
You'll have a fantastic meal. Enjoy!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Tasty seafood; wonderful service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Went here on way home from Ptown. Saw that it was rated #3 on Tripadvisor. I wasn't disappointed. The seafood plate ($22.95) was very generous - it was large enough to share among 2 or 3 people. Service was fast and enthusiastic. Would come back here again next year.

• Visited September 2013
Golden, Colorado
“Roll Them Thar Lobsters!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I had a takeout lobster roll from Sandy's and found it chock full of delicious, fresh lobster meat. The fries were good also. I was provided with enough napkins, plastic forks, etc. to make the meal complete. I was greeted warmly by the woman behind the counter - big smile and friendly.

The only negative is that you might drive right by without spotting Sandy's. When coming off the Cape on the Sagamore Bridge and on Route 6, look for the Herring Run Motel. Sandy's is right next door.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Boston, Massachusetts
“Tricky to find - but worth it !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

This is - by far - the most seafood that has ever been served to me in any restaurant. I ordered the seafood platter and was amazed at how high it was stacked. Clams, scallops, shrimp and fish - all of it was fantastic. I was hungry walking in and I don't think I finished half of it - this will feed me for another day or 2. It wasn't very crowded - but don't let that sway you. It is tough to find if you don't know where it is, which might be a reason it wasn't more crowded. Probably more locals eating there who know where it is. I don't normally review but this meal was fantastic. I can't wait to (try to !!) finish the leftovers tomorrow night