“The worst pillows ever!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Boston Marriott Burlington

You added Boston Marriott Burlington to your Saves list
Boston Marriott Burlington
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   One Burlington Mall Road, Rt 128 & 3A, Burlington, MA 01803   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
$25 Daily Credit
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Burlington
GreenLeadersSilver level
Markham, Canada
“The worst pillows ever!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

A good night's sleep is the most important part of why you stay in a hotel. The Marriott has pillows with thick metal zippers on the side. If you don't move at all during the night, I guess you are fine, but if you adjust your pillows in the middle of the night, you can expect to wake up with scratches all over your hands and arms.

The room itself was cold, but since I was on the ground floor, it was constantly cold, despite the temperature of the thermostat. The room I had was a king bed room, and was spacious, clean, and had a good layout for plugging in your computer, blackberry, etc. I should mention that you enter the hotel on the 3rd floor, which means the 1st floor room is essentially underground. You can see light, but there is no view since the ground slopes from the upper floors to your room. You would think water would eventually leak into the room because of this, but there didn't seem to be any issues.

I had one dinner at the restaurant, Summer Winter, and this was pretty good. The prices were pretty high, but again the quality was good. Internet was $12.95 plus taxes, and it was pretty slow given that price. Marriott needs to re-examine the value to the customer for this.

There was free parking, easy access to the highway, and fast and efficient service. If not for the pillows, I would rate it a solid four stars.

Room Tip: Choose an upper floor, for a better view
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Marri0ttBurlington, General Manager at Boston Marriott Burlington, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
It is disappointing to learn your stay was not as you had expected. Our team is available to assist our guest with any concerns they may have during their stay. It appears we did not have the opportunity to address your concerns with the pillows and room temperature and we regret any inconvenience you may have experienced. For future stays, please do not hesitate to reach out to us so we can address any concerns and get you back to enjoying your time here.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

I don't agree with these negative reviews. For the Burlington area this is a real decent hotel. I agree that the front desk staff is a bit cold. My Platinum status is rarely acknowledged. I always need to request a different room. I have stayed on every floor of this hotel from the 4th floor up. I know where I like to stay. I got no response from the front desk when I had a legitimate complaint. However the people who work in the concierge lounge are wonderful. The bell hop is also great. It is nice to have the option of 2 places to eat along with room service after a long day working. Again there are not many hotels in the Burlington area offering that. I really wish the front desk staff were more friendly. I stay at this hotel for more than 60 nights a year but the front desk does not seem to realize it.

Stayed October 2012
Marri0ttBurlington, General Manager at Boston Marriott Burlington, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Your continued loyalty to the Boston Marriott Burlington is truly appreciated. We are disappointed to learn your overall experience was not as you expected and we regret any inconvenience you may have experienced. We will share your feedback with the team as we refresh our commitment to our customers. We appreciate you bringing these issues to our attention and we hope to welcome you back and enjoy the Boston Marriott Burlington hotel from a renewed perspective.
Needham, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

We recently stayed at this property and because we have platinun status were allowed to use the lounge on the 8th floor. The people were wonderful but unfortunatly the people who prepare the food let them down.

They had prepared some sort of egg roll and crab ragoon which was so badly cooked that you had trouble bitting into it. To have good service and horrible food is a waste of effort. It is bad enough that the food has been cut back but even worse when it is not cooked right.

Wake up Marriott

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Marri0ttBurlington, General Manager at Boston Marriott Burlington, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experiences with us. We are delighted to learn your interactions with the team members were great and we appreciate your comments. Feedback such as yours helps us to improve in our services and we truly regret any inconvenience you may have experienced. It would be wonderful to welcome you back to enjoy our hotel from a new perspective.
Burlington, Vermont
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for a weekend trip to Boston. I concur with other reviews that staff need training in customer service.
As we arrived at the main entrance with our hands full of luggage, I noticed the bellman busy texting on his phone. He totally ignored us and several other guests and offered no assistance with the door or their luggage. This should have been my first omen.
The check-in clerk was prompt and assigned us a room. She never acknowledge my Marriott status or offer an upgraded room or amenities.
The room itself was dark and dingy. Not much room to move around with all the furniture. The bed was comfortable and we were grateful that it was quiet. We were situated at the end of the hallway which made it quieter than other rooms.
We ordered room service one morning and they delivered only one meal. I called guest services and they seemed to know all about it? The next meal was delivered 15 minutes later. No apology as my wife and I both ate our meals separately.
The restaurant on-site was crowded and we were advised 1/2 wait for dinner. We ended up sitting at the bar and had some great appetizers and dinner. The prices are much to high for what you get. Dinner entrees were very small and everything is a la carte.There are plenty of good restaurants nearby that will save you some money.
The hallways definitely could have used some vacuuming. This is one of those typical older Marriott's that is in need of a makeover.
I explained the mix-up with room service at check-out and the clerk did apologize and offered to buy me a cup of coffee. Not a good recovery.
Should have stayed at the Doubletree in Bedford. Stayed here before and much nicer than this place.

Room Tip: Rooms ending in either 01,02,03,04 are much quieter at the end of a hallway. Some higher up, south f...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
We are disappointed to learn your stay with us was not as you expected. Our commitment to our customers is our highest priority and we thank you for bringing these points to our attention. We will share your comments with the team as we continue to ensure our guests are our highest priority. We hope you have the opportunity to visit us again soon so we can renew your trust. Thank you.
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I was introduced by a Platinum member to stay at the hotel. The front desk girls need a boot camp in customer service. This is the worst Marriott globally. I hope to General Manager to pay attention to this review.

Room Tip: Do not stay at Burlington Marriott, Courtyard is a much better deal.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Marri0ttBurlington, General Manager at Boston Marriott Burlington, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your perspective with us. It is disappointing to learn your interactions with the team were not as you expected and we regret any inconvenience you may have experienced. Your comments will be shared as we refresh our commitment to our customers. We hope you have the opportunity to visit us again soon so we can renew your trust.
boston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

The outside of this Marriott is dated and harsh looking. This hotel also frequently hosts pagents and dance competitions but the area where it is hosted is sufficiently far away from the mian hotel lobby that it is not ordinarily a nuisance.

The rooms are hospitable enough and the property is maintained nicely. I have stayed at this hotel a few times and on the last stay was disappointed to not be able to locate the room service menu in the room. However the rooms are clean and the furnishings are modern. The hotel's retail prices are off putting considering what one gets for the money however there are deals to be had on discount sites for this hotel. The hotel is near I-95 and near a large shopping mall, several shopping centers and a movie theater. The on-site restaurant (I believe it is called Summer/Winter) is fantastic and often has live music.

Room Tip: The corner rooms on each floor are very large.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
To learn your overall experience was not as you had hoped is disappointing. We appreciate you bringing these points to our attention as feedback like yours helps us to improve our services. We are happy you enjoyed the central location as well as the onsite restaurant, Summer Winter. It is our hope to welcome you back soon to enjoy our hotel from a renewed perspective. Thank you.
Salt Lake City, UT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I spent 5 days attending a sales training at this property and used the conference facilities, catering and fitness center during the week. The room itself was very comfortable with a large work area, large well appointed bathroom and an extremely comfortable king size bed.

The front staff and shuttle drivers were very friendly and accommodating.

The conference rooms were fine but tended to be uncomfortably cold for any in our group. Even when we asked for adjustments they temp didn't seem to hold. It seemed to be worse when there where other groups in the adjoining rooms.

The conference catering was average to above average depending on the items and there was a good variety.

The fitness center was very large with a cardio room, weight room with free weights and machines, a lap pool and jacuzzi. The cardio room is open 24/7 which I found convenient. The pool area and locker room are in need of maintenance. I noticed area where rust has broken through the paint in both areas.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Marri0ttBurlington, General Manager at Boston Marriott Burlington, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
It is great to learn you were able to enjoy your time at the Boston Marriott Burlington. It appears you were able to take advantage of our onsite amenities and we appreciate you bringing these points to our attention. Feedback such as yours helps us to improve our customer services and we will look into your comments and address as necessary. Thank you and we hope you have the opportunity to visit us again soon.

Been to Boston Marriott Burlington? Share your experiences!