“Was very impressed” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Boston - Burlington

You added Extended Stay America - Boston - Burlington to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Boston - Burlington
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   40 South Ave, Burlington, MA 01803 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Boston - Burlington)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Burlington
Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Quebec
“Was very impressed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I booked a mystery deal on priceline and got this hotel. At first i was iffy but saw the reviews and it eased my mind. We arrived at the hotel around 11 ish and was greeted with a smile. The man was very nice gave us our room explained everything and we went to bed. The bed was very comfortable ( we had a queen size bed) , tv a great size. The room had a full kitchen and stove and microwave and big fridge with all the plates and cooking utensils and the bathroom was very nice aswell. The room was spotless. Just to let you know this hotel does not have maid service unless you stay for more than 7 days if you want it its 3$ if i remember correctly. The continental breakfest was a great selection and the other staff members we met very nice. The hotel also has laundry machines if you need to do your laundry. Right across from burlington mall you are also next door to a chili's and two other restaurants and an Amc movie theatre. Great hotel and extremely happy with our stay no complaints at alll!!!!!! very happy thank you Extended stay America :D.Great location if going to boston we were not even 20 minutes away.

Room Tip: I was happy with my queen bed room cant speak for other rooms we were in room 212.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Burlington, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such great things about the hotel and the amenities that we offer. It's also great to hear that the room condition and the kitchenette were to your liking. I am proud of our team for ensuring you had a great experience during your stay with us. We are happy to know you also enjoyed our surrounding area and what Burlington has to offer within close proximity of the hotel. Thank you again for your kind words. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

The hotel accomodations are fine -- nice room, working kitchen. It's right off I-95 (the old "Route 128" ring road around Boston). Access to Boston is very good, via I-93 and I-90 (Massachusetts Turnpike).

The Burlington Mall (a biggie -- Sears / Nordstrom/ etc) is close by. Supermarket and Trader Joe's are a mile away.

The area doesn't have many sidewalks. It's poor for walking. But that's the only fault.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Burlington, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed the hotel's accommodations as well as the local attractions surrounding us. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

OMG!! I asked for a room change when we realized the toilet was broken and they tried to fix it once and I went for a one hour walk and it was running when I returned. So, they moved us next door. Unfortunately, the housekeeping staff appeared to have rushed through this room and what I found was unacceptable! First, there were some hairs in the bathtub, so I asked them to clean the bathtub. There weren't any housekeepers on duty so the woman at the front desk had to come up to clean it. As she was cleaning it, I pulled back the bedspread and found a dried spot of SEMEN on the bedspread!!!! EWWW!!! AND on the headboard!!! I also found urine stains on the toilet seat that had dried and popcorn under the bed, the water in the kitchen had pooled and dried so was not cleaned and there were also crumbs under the toaster!!! The woman from the front desk came and cleaned ALL of it and while she did a good job, it was just too gross for words. i didn't want to change rooms again fearing that a third room could have been just as bad and at least I was seeing her clean the place! She was very apologetic and came back with a gift card to a local business. While that was a great thought on her part, it didn't change the facts that this hotel has problems with maintenance and cleanliness and I will NEVER stay here again!!! DISGUSTING!!! It is such a shame also that they spent all the money to replace furniture but left very worn carpeting in the rooms.I booked online and will be demanding a refund!

Room Tip: Do not stay here! The rooms are not cleaned well!! I had two switch rooms and the second room was di...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Burlington, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The issues you have described with cleanliness in your room are unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. I have met with the entire staff, and we will be thoroughly inspecting all rooms to ensure that these housekeeping issues are not repeated.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Please know, we will be contacting the website in which you made your reservation to refund your one night stay with us. Do not hesitate to contact me directly, at BRL@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I stay in the Burlington area often and always try to stay at the Extended Stay near the mall. The location is wonderful near the mall the bookstore, movie theater great restaurants, everything you could need or want. The GM is very friendly and even remembered my name! Great hotel looking forward to my next stay!

• Stayed March 2013
Lee225, Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Burlington, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Extended Stay America, Burlington, Massachusetts. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and will be our guest in the future because of the service our manager and TEAM provide you each time you have visited the area.

We are very pleased you have noticed our commitment to "make it right" every time and trust that you have enjoyed the new look our hotels have with flat-screened televisions, new carpet, paint, vinyl, drapery, pictures, water filters and free wi-fi in every room.

Thank you again for your comments. We'll see you again in Burlington real soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

I was able to check inn early and victor at front desk was extremely helpful...dollar value is amazing ... The gm was very nice at checkout ... Next day... It's well worth...there are some improvement that's need to be made but they are working on it....overall it's grate place for your stay..

• Stayed March 2013
Lee225, Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Burlington, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Victor will be thrilled that he was mentioned in your review. He loves his job and I have had many nice things said about him but never on Tripadvisor. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Utica
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel on two different occassions. My first time the hotel was in the midst of doing renovations and the hotel was in a bit of chaos. The renovations are now completed and I found the hotel to be very satisfactory. The bedding was upgraded and new TV's installed. The bathroom and refrigerator were both clean.
The staff was extremely friendly and helpful.
My one complaint would be that the dishes and glasses did not seem clean. The glasses were stuck to the shelf and I ended up washing everything before using it.

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floors are quieter. My room was on the first floor too close to the front desk
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Lee225, Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Burlington, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Thank you so very much for your nice review of our property. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable. I do sincerely apologize about the dishes as they were not properly dried before they were put back causing them to stick. I have spoken to my staff to correct this issue immediately. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for your review and honesty.
Regards,
Red Hook
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I was very pleased with my two-day stay. Although I should say that the refrigerator was noisy and sometimes woke me during the night. The rooms were clean and whatever I needed seem to be available. Quiet and peaceful.

Room Tip: Do check the reviews. They are quite informative.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Lee225, Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Burlington, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We enjoy comments such as yours so we may know how we are doing and what may need to be corrected. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back at our hotel in Burlington in the future! Happy New Year!!

Been to Extended Stay America - Boston - Burlington? Share your experiences!