“Great Place” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Capital Grille - Burlington is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 95 Restaurants in Burlington
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Doing business, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Something quite uncommon has occurred.The Capital Grille has arrived in Wayside Commons. A clear indication that the winds of distinctive dining have changed. Now, you can have your Stoli Doli well in hand within minutes of leaving your office. You can enjoy our legendary dry aged Porterhouse without double-parking. And relish your crème brulée knowing you're moments from home.Now, who was it again that said you couldn't have it all?
New York, New York, United States
“Great Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I had the pleasure of dinning here during a recent stay in Burlington, MA. The food was delicious and the service was great, especially considering that I sat at the bar. Definitely check it out if you are looking for a steak dinner.

Visited October 2012

Bradford, Massachusetts, United States
“Very good steaks but L'Andana down the street is better”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I've been to the Capital Grille a few times and considering it's pretty much exclusively a steakhouse, you'd expect to have some of the best steaks you've ever eaten for the price you pay. It's as expensive or more expensive than L'Andana which also is an eclectic Italian steakhouse down the street about a half mile, but the steaks are definitely not as good. That being said, every meal I've had at the Capital Grille has been very good, but I just wouldn't pay the same or more for something I can get better down the street. The lobster mac and cheese side dish is also outstanding and a must for any seafood lover.

Visited January 2012
Framingham, Massachusetts
“The cadillac of steak houses”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

First, the parking is great, but there are so many "reserved spaces" you may have to park a bit away from the restaurant. Reservations are recommended. This place is popular, despite the pricey menu. Ambiance - this restaurant screams "classy" and "upscale." We reserved a smaller room - cozy and not so noisy, but the restaurant is large, and can be a bit noisy. See the pic! Service - WOW. Hosts and hostesses pop out of nowhere to serve the clients. It is not just the hostess that serves, but many servers who wait on our every need. Salads - I had a superb Cesar salad - see the pic - it was different, with the cheese placed on top of the salad greens. Dinner - Most at our table had the filet mignon sliced steak with mushrooms, and side dishes of asparagus and mashed potatoes. What can I say? This steak is the BEST steak I have ever had at a restaurant. When I asked for "medium rare" it was truly medium rare, so they cooked it again a bit for me, and it was perfect. I have tried Delmonico steak and filet mignon at other restaurants. They don't compare to the Capital Grille. The steak is crusty on the outside with a delicious taste to it. The desserts are excellent, and the cake was really good, as was the cheesecake. The cake tastes better with the chocolate icing, than alone. All in all, save your $$ for this pricey restaurant, but you won't be disappointed.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Essex Junction, VT
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

This was my first visit to Captal Grille and it was wonderful. Excellent atmosphere and service and great food. We were in a large group of 10 and shared appetizers. The calamari with hot peppers was especially good. Main course was a Filet with a porcini mushroom rub and this was top notch. Overall outstanding.

Lowell, MA USA
“Steak Orgasm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I have not been to dinner at this particular Capital Grille before. Previously I had been to one in Boston and also in Chestnut Hill. They all have the same and look and feel. They remind me of eating in some wealthy gentleman's club, as I imagine them, in Old London Towne. Dark woods, leathers, oil portraits, doting waiters.

Some may find the atmosphere a bit stuffy, but if you don't let it get to you it really is quite beautiful. The tables are all well spaced and private conversations are easily maintained without having to yell or whisper.

Our server, Richard, as I recall, was perhaps a bit over the top with his flourishes, grace and charm - but that is part of the experience. He perhaps took things all a bit too seriously but the reverse of that can be fatal to a fine dining experience. Better this Richard than the jokers who think they are part of the entertainment at, e.g., Smith & Wollenskys in Boston.

Simple, but rather expensive dinners. No surprise. But were those steaks really worth all of that money? In a word: Yes.

We both had salads to start - Garden and Caesar. Both maybe a little too large. Both solid B Grades. The Caesar could have used a bit more dressing. But did we come here for salads?

I had the Steak Au Poivre, medium rare. Fantastic. Cooked absolutely perfectly and perfectly delicious. As the peppercorns popped in my mouth the steak was melting in my mouth at the same time. Delicious. Huge portion. Well worth it. Where else and when else have I had a steak like this? Hardly ever.

My partner had the Porcini Crusted Delmonico, cooked rare. How many more adjectives can I come up with? ! Simply delicious. So tender. Where do they get these steaks anyway! Marvelous. And melt in one’s mouth?…omg. So tasty. So perfect.

If one could have an orgasm over steak – this is the place to get it.

Is this place expensive? Yes.

Is it maybe overpriced? Yes.

Is it a bit pretentious? Yes.

Will I return and recommend? In a heartbeat!

• Visited October 2012