“BAD WIFI, good hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Brockton
Gainesville, Florida
“BAD WIFI, good hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

The major problem I had with this hotel was the WIFI WAS SLOW TO NONEXISTENT. Really, they need to do something about the wifi--it's that bad.

Other than wifi...hotel was clean and in safe location with stores/mall across the street.

Boston: You will need a car to get to trains/T-stop. Brockton station is 2 miles and has parking, but is only for commuter train into Boston. *I recommend driving to T stop at Quincy/Adams or Braintree if going into Boston.* The T is cheaper, more frequent and goes more places. Plan about 45min-1hour to get to Boston by T/train.

Other: nice indoor pool & hot tub. Cookies and tea/coffee all day. Average breakfast.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
CountryInnBrockton, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Brockton, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We take pride in our “Yes I Can!” culture and do apologize that you did not receive this level of service. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments, so we can continually improve our services. We are currently planning on switching over our internet service provider. We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

If you would like to discuss your stay further, please contact the hotel directly at 508-559-0099.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
UNIONN=,NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

I stay there at least once a month for a weekend get away with my honey. The staff are always friendly and welcoming. The cookies are always warm and ready for my tummy. The only thing I must say is the odor on the 3rd floor always due to the fact they have smoking room but it was not inside our room when we were placed on that floor during our recent visit just in the hallways, It was not a big deal for us since my husband smokes. The heated Jacuzzi was great on my soar back.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

I stayed at Country Inn & Suites Brockton for four nights at the beginning of June 2014, and will not stay here again.

Property is not too bad for location, but that is about it. The 'suites' are basically just large rooms and nothing more.

My room was on the third floor, the corridor of which absolutely stinks of ingrained cigarette smoke as it used to be the floor where smoking rooms were located. On one occasion, I had to report to the front desk that there was also a fresh smell of somebody smoking cannabis.

Do not be taken in by the advertised' High Speed Wifi) - it is nothing of the sort. Wifi speed is ridicuously slow, and very intermittent.

The walls between the rooms are very thin, and if you are unlucky enough to have screaming children in the room next door as I did for two nights, you won't get much sleep.

The breakfast room is very small and only has six tables in it. If there is a large group having breakfast, you will be waiting for some time to get a table. There are no facilities to have an evening meal here either, and the surrounding eating options are very limited.

On the other hand, the front desk staff do seem willing to do their best to sort out any problems you encounter.

Nowhere near as good as similar hotels, such as Holiday Inn Express or Comfort Inn.

Room Tip: Try and get a room down the end of the corridor as the stairs and lift are located near the middle o...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
CountryInnBrockton, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Brockton, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
We are sorry to hear of your unsatisfactory experience for your upcoming stay. It is unfortunate when situations like this arise. We are currently renovation our guest room. We take every precaution to make sure that all guests are affected as little as possible. We hope you will consider us again when you are in the area.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

I chose this hotel primarily because of the location. It's a good distance between Boston and Cape Cod / Rhode Island etc. I was pleasantly surprised to find that a 10 minute walk from the hotel is a shopping center with plenty of restaurants, Macy's, gas stations etc.

On arrival there was a very large group of teenage boys hanging around the car park. At least one of them was the son of an employee. Being female, and on my own I was not pleased when several of them called out (what I guess they think were compliments) to me as I entered the hotel. This was not the welcome I had imagined.

The lady at the front desk was dealing with a very difficult customer on the phone whilst I waited. The person on the phone had cancelled at the last moment and they were being told that they had to pay for the night anyway. I felt the employee was a little short with her and could have had more training on how to deal with the situation better - especially when a customer was standing there listening.

The room itself was very nice and clean when I arrived. Like some of the hotels they request you let them know if you want your sheets changed every day. Otherwise they would only do them every three days. I was there five days and my sheets were not changed at all. On the day they should have been I returned to my room at 6pm. The room had not even been straightened up, much less cleaned. I noted however that the tip I left on the bedside table had been taken. I found the cleaning lady and she told me she'd been really busy and hadn't had time to get to my room yet. I would have accepted that. They did appear understaffed. However, she had time to go in and take my money!!!!

There is a vending machine at the hotel, both food and sodas. They also have a breakfast daily which has the usual cereals, toast, waffle machine etc. Juice, tea, coffee and milk also appeared to be on offer. I did not eat there. Plenty of parking.

There is a pool and jacuzzi. It appeared clean however there is a window between the pool and the hallway (it's an indoor pool) so everyone walking by can stand there and watch you (goes back to my earlier comment re the teenage boys hanging around out the front). I did not go swimming.

On the whole it was a pleasant hotel. They certainly need to tighten up on a few things but I think it was on par with what you're paying. I might however try somewhere else nearby next time.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
We apologize for the disappointing service you received from our staff. Our team works hard to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive our best service. To discuss your concern further, please contact the hotel directly, and ask for the General Manager.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

I had booked my room Dec.13th. On May 19th, [ less than 2 weeks from our planned trip for a concert ], I received my notice that they had cancelled my reservation due to renovations.When you book that far ahead, you shouldn't have to worry about a room.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
We are sorry to hear of your unsatisfactory experience during your upcoming stay. It is unfortunate when situations like this arise. We are currently renovation our rooms. We take every precautions to make sure that all guests are affected as little as possible. We hope you will consider us again when you are in the area.
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights during a hockey tournament and found the hotel to be just fine for the price. The room was clean and had new Furniture. The bed was comfortable as were the pillows. The lobby furnishings were looking a little tired,but other than that ,everything was fine. The internet was quite slow ! Breakfast consisted of the usual cereals,pastries,yogurt and even some scrambled eggs and sausage.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Augusta, Maine
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

When I called to see if they had any openings, the person asked for my card numbers a minute into the conversation. The room smelled of cigarette smoke, though it was non-smoking, and though they boast of cookies available all the time, there were no cookies. Also, the person said I would be charged for incidentals such as if I took anything or watched movies, which I didn't, and I was still charged $100 just in case. When I called about the charge the other person said the money would be put back into my account in 5 days. Really? Who does this?

I should have known to NOT check-in when the person told me I would be charged if I stole anything.

Room Tip: Don't plan on eating breakfast there, it's coffee and oatmeal.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
CountryInnBrockton, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Brockton, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
We appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention. We understand the inconvenience an unexpected charge can cause. Please contact the general manager directly so we can resolved this matter.

Been to Country Inn & Suites Brockton? Share your experiences!