“Extremely Poor Service” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Brockton (Boston)

You added Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Brockton (Boston) to your Saves list
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Brockton (Boston)
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   50 Christy's Dr, Brockton, MA 02301   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Brockton
“Extremely Poor Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

I had booked my room Dec.13th. On May 19th, [ less than 2 weeks from our planned trip for a concert ], I received my notice that they had cancelled my reservation due to renovations.When you book that far ahead, you shouldn't have to worry about a room.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
CountryInnBrockton, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Brockton (Boston), responded to this review, June 8, 2014
We are sorry to hear of your unsatisfactory experience during your upcoming stay. It is unfortunate when situations like this arise. We are currently renovation our rooms. We take every precautions to make sure that all guests are affected as little as possible. We hope you will consider us again when you are in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights during a hockey tournament and found the hotel to be just fine for the price. The room was clean and had new Furniture. The bed was comfortable as were the pillows. The lobby furnishings were looking a little tired,but other than that ,everything was fine. The internet was quite slow ! Breakfast consisted of the usual cereals,pastries,yogurt and even some scrambled eggs and sausage.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Augusta, Maine
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

When I called to see if they had any openings, the person asked for my card numbers a minute into the conversation. The room smelled of cigarette smoke, though it was non-smoking, and though they boast of cookies available all the time, there were no cookies. Also, the person said I would be charged for incidentals such as if I took anything or watched movies, which I didn't, and I was still charged $100 just in case. When I called about the charge the other person said the money would be put back into my account in 5 days. Really? Who does this?

I should have known to NOT check-in when the person told me I would be charged if I stole anything.

Room Tip: Don't plan on eating breakfast there, it's coffee and oatmeal.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
CountryInnBrockton, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Brockton (Boston), responded to this review, April 24, 2014
We appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention. We understand the inconvenience an unexpected charge can cause. Please contact the general manager directly so we can resolved this matter.

Travelers are raving about these Brockton hotels

Kuching, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

We checked in late in the afternoon and checked out early in the morning. There was a slight stench of cigarette smoke when we first entered the room. Bed and bath rooms were clean. Wi fi was slow. Breakfast had the usual stuff. We thought of walking to the Mall, but it was unsafe to cross the highway. So we had to drive to nearby restaurants for dinner. A good overnight stay after visiting Boston and heading south to New York.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
East Greenbush, New York, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

ok where do I start...on first glance from the outside the place seems inviting. you walk in the door and well the name of the place is the country inn and well its a country style place for sure. old furniture and your wait to check in is around a half an hour. sure you book the room and you know the price but what they don't tell you is that there is another charge that you can learn about if you dare come to this hell hole. so during my wait to check in I hit the bathroom and the garbage was over flowing and well in a large bathroom and there is only one toilet. We got to our room and opened the door and instantly your mind floods with things that are wrong like the mini refrigerator that's tucked under a counter and if you don't open it just the right way you might just smash all of your fingers. if you expect to be able to sit down and watch a movie it costs you $20 per movie and the arm of the sofa has a white stain. there was a blood test strip found in the fold out bed and a nasty earing. the bathroom when you take a shower the water runs down the cloth curtain and make a sizable puddle on the bathroom floor. the counter above the refrigerator doesn't match the other wood in the room. the bed was large and hard which in this instance is a bad thing. the room went from really hot to cold in minutes leaving with no time to adjust. the breakfast needs a upgrade as well. the Marriot that I stayed in the night before was drastically better then this place. I WILL NEVER GO THERE EVER.....AGAIN!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
CountryInnBrockton, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Brockton (Boston), responded to this review, November 13, 2013
We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future. To discuss your stay further, please contact the hotel directly, and ask for the General Manager.
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Just arrived from LHR and drove ca 1 hour to this country Inn for an overnight night stay on my way to Springfield.No-one to help with a car load of luggage!!!! Receptionist was friendly, quick check in. No Restaurant, no bar. Good that I read these before and bought a sandwich at the airport. Nearest "restaurants", take aways are situated on the other side of the highway if you fancy driving and searching after an overhaul flight!!! The room was spacious, comfortable, quite. No, showergel, showercap in bathroom. Sucks!!! Breakfast was more like a street corner Kiosk!!! plastic cups, stirrers, plates, serviettes. Breakfast room was tiny, some guests were simply standing in the foyer with their plastic plates and "HAVING BREAKFAST." There was absolutely nothing healthy about this breakfast - pancakes, waffles, make your own!!!!what a mess!!!The presentation of fast food (as it were) was unappealing and sloppy! I was so shocked by this kind of take away breakfast and had only coffee. I could not wait to continue my journey and stop along the way for a proper breakfast with proper tableware and proper SERVICE. In response to my review on the Club Carlson website, the GM responded and "to make good" gave me an upgrade on my next stay!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hallooo I'm definitely not taking a long haul flight to get a room Upgrade at a Highway Inn in Brockton!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
UNIONN=,NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

I stayed recently at this location great stay staff was very welcoming and friendly indoor pool heated awesome breakfast so much to choose from
Price was the best I could find for the town and the quietest hotel I have ever stayed ..I love the smoking option so I never have to leave ny room to go smoke outside very few places offer smoking room so it was a plus for us
Will recommend

• Stayed October 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brockton
Holiday Inn Express Boston South - Brockton
#1 of 3 in Rockland
4.0 of 5 stars 227 reviews
Residence Inn Boston Norwood
Hampton Inn Boston-Norwood

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Brockton (Boston)? Share your experiences!