“Hidden gem” 5 of 5 stars

Boston MA
26 attraction reviews
“Hidden gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

My while and I were looking for something to do. She remembered the Fuller Craft Museum. I have lived in the area all my life and never visited it. I was wonderful. We spend about 1 1/2 hours there. I don't think small children would appreciate it, but we found it great! Definitely a hidden gem and worth getting off the highway to see.

Boston
“Great museum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We stopped at Fuller today on the way to Plymouth, and it was a gem! The museum is devoted mostly to crafts - not my usual cup of tea - but it was a pure delight. The grounds are beautiful, with a pond, a stone garden, some outdoors sculptures. The exhibits were very cool - my two favorite ones were the art of carved wood (never thought I would get so much pleasure out of looking at items carved out of wood), and pieces from the MIT glass blowing studio. All in all, I am very happy that we stopped there, and will do it again next year.

Newton, Massachusetts, United States
11 attraction reviews
“Terrific place to see the art of crafts”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

This museum has fabulous exhibits of many types of crafts, although their beauty is such its unclear why there should be a distinction between art and crafts. I went there for the first time today and saw some amazing objects in wood, glass and mosaic.

It is located in a beautiful setting in Brockton, Mass. perhaps a 30 minute drive from Boston. It would be a nice place to stop to or from Cape Cod. We spent about an hour there and were able to see all of the exhibits in that time.

The exhibits apparently change several times a year, so it's worth checking their website for things that particularly interest you.

Lawrence, Massachusetts
5 attraction reviews
“I just LOVE this place.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

The first thing that attracted me to Fuller when I was having company for a few days in my new locale was that on Thursday evenings admission is free even for non-members. I hadn't been to the museum and I just hate spending money on something that I don't enjoy.
We headed over in order to be there right at 5 when the "free" initiated and so enjoyed the textile exhibit that was there.
The building is small, however, they make the most of their space and you get to see so many different pieces.
A really memorable exhibit referenced guns in our culture, now I am no gun lover... these were fabulous;sculpted in wood, they were just magnificent.
The exhibits change frequently, there is a website so that one can check to see what is coming up.
A small restaurant is available, I have not tried it, I think that it is only open one day per week (info also on the website).

Visited February 2013
Brockton, Massachusetts
“What a gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I was surprised by how big and beautiful this place was on the inside. The current exhibitions "Across the Grain" and "Mosaics" were truly extraordinary. I was inspired by my visit.

Visited July 2013