“Second stay just as good as the first.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #1 of 7 hotels in Brockton
St. Louis, MO
“Second stay just as good as the first.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2010

I stayed at the Holiday Inn in Brockton back in December, and again two weeks ago. This time, I had my son with me, and he loved the pool! Again, the staff was great, the rooms were well-kept, and when I needed to switch rooms (from smoking to non-smoking), they were very accommodating. The food in the hotel restaurant was pretty decent, and overall, I had another great experience here.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family

88 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2010

Not only is the staff happy with their job, they go out of their way to make things work. An added bonus is The Grill. This full-service restaurant/bar seemsto be a local hangout. This speaks volumes.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Gloucestershire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2009

Checking in good, all our rooms were very clean. Beds comfortable. Unfortunately we were given the rooms opposite the laundry area and next to the vending machines. If you hear shot guns in the night don't worry it's only the ice machine, it was very noisy.
Bit concerned about the numbers of children running and playing around in the lobby in wet swim suits, when going for our meal in the resturant. The floor was very very wet and slippery from the water.
Meal in the resturant was ok and the service was very good.
Checking out was a worry I had paid in full on line and the hotel wanted to charge me again. I showed the paper work to the receptionist, she apologised and took no further payments. Till later in the day when the bank called us to tell my husband that the hotel had attempted to charge our credit card again. Luckly the bank was on the ball, and refused.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
ct
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2009

Poorly cleaned, managed, staffed and operated. Rooms sub-par at best, food was so bad we left in the middle to eat locally at McDonalds. Corp. rates not honored because they said they were nearly sold out, and one of our collegues didn'thave a room.
it is the last time our company stays there...or with any HI.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2009

Clean,friendly, cold beer in the bar. What else does one need?

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Boston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2009

In the beggining of June I wanted a place to stay in brockton and I chose Holiday inn because by the name it seems the best in town. I asked them for double beds, and when I got to the room the size of the beds were like a twim bed. The smell on the hallway was really bad, plus inside the room. Not to mention that the tv was old and they had a coffee maker inside the bathroom. The front desk was nice to me, but everything in the hotel was a downgrade

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2009

My husband and I only stayed for one night at this hotel so we only interacted with the staff at check in and check out. They were pleasant and friendly both times.
We booked a king bed with sleeper sofa. The room appeared to be clean, the bed/bedding looked clean.
The nightstands and TV stand were kind of beat up for a hotel in my opinion. There was a dark mystery stain on the ceiling and staining near the curtains was pretty bad.
We had an interior room above the pool. I've never had a room like that before and I will never have one like that again. Avoid a room above the pool unless you have kids you want to keep an eye on. Even when people talked normally it echoed like crazy and was super loud. Plus it was really humid.
Our AC unit made an awful whining sound when we turned it on so we spent alot of time turning it off and on trying to cool the room down before the sound made us mental.

The bed was O.K. somewhat lumpy but not hideous. If you are not familiar with the area it's in my opinion a good spot. Very close to north and south highway exits, there are gas stations, a Walmart, a Bugaboo Creek Steakhouse, Uno Pizzeria all right near you as well as a Mall with other stores.
It was clean enough to make me happy but I would say definitely no frills.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Express Boston South - Brockton? Share your experiences!