“Good property, but beware the furniture” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Brockton
Sunapee, New Hampshire
“Good property, but beware the furniture”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

Stayed here on a shopping excursion to Ikea, Costco, et al over the weekend. Good location, good rates. Friendly responsive staff. Free internet. Free breakfast. Nice pool, and hot tub. The room we reserved (one bedroom suite) had been smoked in. The front desk staff was great - very eager to put us in a different room and even agreed to let us have a two bedroom suite instead. The decor is a bit tired but clean so no issues there. The furniture though could use an update. The chair and pull out couch in the room were very uncomfortable forcing us to watch the Patriots game in the bedrooms. And then when we had breakfast the next morning, we found similarly uncomfortable chairs in the dining room. Not a big deal, but when they do a renovation (hopefully not too long from now!) this should be corrected.

Room Tip: The room seemed to block the road noise so long as we closed the windows (which by the way all opene...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
ResidenceInnBrockton, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Boston Brockton, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear John C,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Tripadvisor! I am certainly glad you were pleased with our rooms, amenities, and of course our staff. Our staff is also eager to help when a problem does arise. Regarding the furniture, we have done much work to our furniture, and would love for you to see it. I do hope the next time you are in the Brockton/Boston area you will consider staying with us again!

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Latham, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

I needed a room just for one night and based on tripadvisor reviews this seemed to be the place and it was. Very clean, very friendly service, nice breakfast options. The room I had was more like a fully equipped (for cooking and food storage, etc.) apartment and I could see living here on a long stay would be rather comfortable. There were lots of little touches such as a bag of popcorn and hot drinks waiting to be used, a pair of earplugs next to the bed ( I didn't need them but the room was next to the elevator shaft so a nice option to have), sanitary wipes near items such as the phone and TV remote for germaphobes, large closets, etc. Really a nice place and the bed was very comfortable and fresh. I asked and there are relatively nearby commuter train and T stops in Brockton for the train and Quincy for the T so this could be a base for a Boston/Cape Cod/Providence area trip. Very nice.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Dear riverrun343,

We are so pleased our hotel met all of your requirements, plus some! I am also pleased to know our little touches were a big impression on you! We do hope the next time you are in the area you stay with us again! It was our pleasure having you!
Kansas City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

First of this is not in Boston so don't expect it. Good location off the highway, a little tucked back, but easy access. Good access to Braintree to the North or Foxborough a short drive South and West.
Nice staff, rooms are nice and comfortable. Bed was great as well. I would stay here again, but would need a car to get downtown.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear osubarry,

We are so pleased our hotel was a great stay for you! We are in a convenient location allowing our guests to access a lot of cities without going too far. I am also pleased your enjoyed our bedding and accommodations! We hope to see you again when you visit the Brockton/Boston area on your next trip!

West Tisbury, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

What a find! Although a little out of the way, this hotel offers convenience to Boston as well as places like Braintree and Foxboro. The suite was immaculately clean, well stocked, and nicely decorated. I could live here!
Oh, and the best breakfast buffet that I have encountered. Fresh oatmeal with all the fixings, great home fries with sausage and peppers, fruit toppings for the waffles. Well done!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dear davidandlynne,

I appreciate your kind words regarding our property, I am glad you enjoyed our breakfast buffet, and our suites. We take pride in our suites with cleanliness, décor, and making our guests "feel at home!" We do hope that the next time you are in the area, you stay with us again! It was our pleasure having you!

San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is fine in terms if cleanliness and location, assuming you need to be in this area for something. But none of that matters if you aren't getting a good night sleep. Our room was literally on the parking lot and by an entrance. Drunk people were standing outside my window smoking well into the night. It woke my child up multiple times. I am assuming a different room (had they had any available) would have been better, but the walls are also paper thin so you also hear all the noise in the hallway.

If I ever come to this area again, I will never, ever stay here. I am going on my 3d night of no sleep and am ready to lose if. Unless you are deaf, stay elsewhere.

• Stayed October 2013
Dear talinchka,

I do apologize that our hotel did not meet your expectations. I know how frustrating it can be to have people outside your room smoking and being loud. I wish this was brought to the attention to my front desk staff as we hopefully could have solved this problem, by either moving your room, asking the outside guest to quiet down, etc. I do hope that you give us another try. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Port Jefferson, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

I came to attend a funeral in Easton, MA and found this hotel online. It's right off 24 (exit 17A). It's so clean. And their are individual purell handwipes conveniently located on lamps and sinks around the suite. It is so clean. The price is right - my brother and I shared a suite.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
ResidenceInnBrockton, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston Brockton, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment about our hotel. Although I am saddened by what brought you to the area, I am glad you and your brother enjoyed your stay.
Spain
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Helpful staff, comfy beds, average breakfast...
But we can´t agree with other reviews; we could hear the noise from the highway all night long.
For light sleepers like us it wasn´t best place to have some rest.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
ResidenceInnBrockton, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston Brockton, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thank you for your positive comments regarding staff and amenities. I am however dissapointed you were not able to get a pecaeful nights rest. Perhaps, for your next visit I would like to suggest the other section of building as it is away from the highway. We do hope to see you again if you're ever back in the area.

Been to Residence Inn Boston Brockton? Share your experiences!