“Like a Home away from Home!” 5 of 5 stars

Cooking School Getaway
Ranked #2 of 11 Brewster B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Frankfurt, Germany
“Like a Home away from Home!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights to celebrate my birthday with my boyfriend, and I have to say this one of the most pleasant B&Bs I have stayed in so far. Impeccable rooms with beautiful decor. The scent of freshness is in the air...the entire Inn smells so wonderful and clean (no harsh perfumes, no, just the scent of freshness!)
Light piano music in the room upon arrival, also a bottle of Prosecco with chocolate dipped strawberries ready for us in the fridge as well as a little box of chocolate with flowers on the bed! I felt like in my own house.
Breakfast was amazing, fresh, light, and delicious. Portions are just right so you don't feel you need to lay down because you are so full that you can't move.
Very friendly staff, owners also extremely friendly and helpful. They recommended a few restaurants, all of which were amazing and worth going back for.
A beautiful beach is within walking distance and I will definitely not stay elsewhere for my next trip to the Cape! Thanks to Byron and Donna! :-)

Room Tip: all rooms are beautiful, I saw them all, no tip needed, can't go wrong with any :-)
Green Features: as I said, environmentally- friendly, very much concerned about the environment, as I said, environmentally- friendly, very much concerned about the environment, as I said, environmentally- friendly, very much concerned about the environment
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Middlebury, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Beautiful accomodations followed by a gourmet, and I mean gourmet, breakfast. What a beautiful place to stay. Byron and Donna's attention to detail is unsurpassed. The only place I will stay on the Cape.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Captain Freeman the weekend of April 19th for our fourth anniversary--and we're so glad we did! Everything from the fresh flowers on the bed and quiet music playing in our room when we arrived, through the two person jacuzzi and beautifully restored original flooring, to the several course breakfast (made by the incredibly friendly and professional Esperanza) was just perfect. Donna and Nathan even arranged for a special surprise in honor of our anniversary!

The only downside was that the church bells from the church across the road rang late into the night, which made it a bit hard to sleep as deeply as we wanted to in the gloriously comfortable bed.

Room Tip: Honestly, all the rooms looked wonderful. The third floor only has two rooms, so it's a bit more...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
brewsterbythesea, Owner at Captain Freeman Inn, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review and again "Happy Anniversary". We are so appreciative of your comment about the bells as they are suppose to turn off at 10pm. Guessing that they turned them on for Easter and the timer was not corrected. We have already sent an e-mail to the church and will be double checking tonight. Still thinking about your great boots..... makes us want to visit our family in Wyoming!
Cape Cod, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

My husband surprised me with a trip to the Captain Freeman Inn this winter in order to take part in their Cape Cod Culinary cooking school. What a wonderful treat and we enjoyed every minute of our stay. Donna and Byron provide far more than just a place to stay and we felt welcome from the moment we walked in the door.

The cooking school was a unique way to learn something new while meeting new people. Chef Carol was warm, friendly and knowledgeable, and each of us learned something new during our class. The menu was French Provincial, with fresh, delicious ingredients. We were given some time before dinner to relax and then rejoined our group for a wine tasting before dinner. Byron had selected numerous French wines to sample, with many choices to pair with our dinner. Dinner was delicious, relaxing and we felt truly pampered.

Esperanza's breakfast the next morning was fabulous; eggs to order on a homemade croissant, along with Byron's fresh "fruitini", banana bread, coffee and juice. It was hard to pack up our aprons and head home, but we were able to bring home some great memories.

Thank you, Donna and Byron!

Room Tip: We were in the Mashpee room, which was located off the dining room. It was beautifully appointed an...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Lincoln, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

This is the first time I have stayed at a Bed and Breakfast and all I can say is wow. I was impressed from the moment I got there. We were greated by the owners and they were welcoming from the start. We started with a couples massage in the morning and what a great way to start a relaxing weekend. When we were shown our room it blew away my expecations. The pictures online do not do this place justice at all. Byron (owner) gave us a tour of all the rooms in the Inn as we were the only guests staying that night. They own the Brewster Inn as well down the street. The whole Inn has been refurbished and is amazing. I recommend anyone looking for a relaxing weekend getaway consider staying here.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Mashpee room. It is in the back of the house.
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I stayed here last summer and forgot to write a review when I returned home, until I just found out I might be going back to the Cape Cod area this summer and called my mom to see if she remembered the wonderful B&B we had stayed at .... Saltwinds Bed & Breakfast.

Ginny and Craig are great and gave us (my mom, my aunt, and I) great advice about how to spend our time, and even offered to drive us to the whale watching cruise we had booked! The people they had working for them were also so sweet.

The room was great - especially the deck where we were able to sit out and enjoy the nice weather!

Something specific that stood out was how accommodating they were! I have a nut allergy which can make eating places hard, but I mentioned it to them and they were so helpful and made delicious meals while I was there that I could enjoy. (For those of you with food allergies you know what a nuisance you can feel like making special requests, but they were so great about it!)

If I come back to the area I will definitely be staying at the Saltwinds Bed & Breakfast!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I can't think of one thing I would change about The Captain Freeman Inn.
Donna and Byron have clearly gone to great lengths and used their years of innkeeping experience to pull off the complete package here.

I had eagerly been tracking the Easter weather forecast hoping we could get away to the Cape for a cycling trip and picked the Inn partly due to it's being less than a mile to the rail trail. But found Brewster to be a lovely place to stay regardless of your interest in cycling!
Having clocked up plenty of bicycle miles, we were particularly appreciative of the lavish breakfasts and home cooked treats available throughout the day.

It's plain to see the attention to detail that has been put in here. From the decor and furnishings, to little touches to make your life easier. I realised on un-packing that I had forgotten toothpaste and on mentioning this to Donna was lead to an armoire in the hall that was stuffed full of a choice of pillows and a draw full of little things you may have forgotten.
We only met one other member of staff who was in charge of breakfast, she also had a big welcoming smile on her face. Even their beloved dog Harrison is towing the family line being calm and friendly.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Captain Freeman Inn? Share your experiences!