“Bring your own wine glasses!” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Italian, Pizza, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“Bring your own wine glasses!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

We arrived to a very unhappy greeter! She walked us to our table and said, "here is your table - dropped the menus on it and walked away" Said nothing to us - wore a frown the entire time. I soon learned she was the manager. In addition they feature a wine menu and wines - but be prepared to be served out of a small plastic cup and they are short on wine glasses. I would not expect this out of any restaurant. When I asked the waiter he just said sorry we don't have enough. Kind of crazy. The manager could have cared less. I may have to send them some. We will not be returning to this place. They are definitely only interested in serving locals not out of town visitors.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Worcester, Massachusetts
“Horrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

Where do I start? We recently went to this "restaurant" with our daughter and two grandchildren that are under 5 years old. After being seated we waited for 10 min for a waiter (who did not speak english very good at all) come over with water, left and did not return to take a drink order for at least another 5 min. After drinks arrived we asked for a children's menu...she said "let me go look"...nope no kids menu..my son in-law asked to sub the fries with the fish and chips for the kids with vegetables, she said no you can't... no substitutions. The food itself was not so good at all...daughter had a salad with steak tips with no steak knife...so after about 10 min with no return from the waitress my daughter had to go ask for a knife so she could eat...waitress seemed very confused and took forever to find one. Did I mention the kids are under 5 years old? so you can imagine they are in a fine mood. Lasagna was almost like a frozen dinner and the baked Cod was over cooked and dry...I didn't want to ask for a wedge of lemon which did not come with it. which I would think it should....rice was barely warm. Daughter and son-in-law left with the kids after eating 1/2 their meals and we waited for the check...and waited and waited. When it did come a 18% tip was automatically put on for a party of 6 or more. After such horrible service and food I asked the bartender to speak with a manager about this because I was not going to leave a 18% tip..which we always to 20% but not in this case. she went somewhere and returned and basically said the manager said thats the way it is..they count bodies...i asked again to speak with him or her and once again she left and came back and said the manager said leave whatever tip you want....which I was going to do anyway. So to sum it up this place is terrible food and horridness service and a manager who does not have the courage to speak to customers who might have a problem. Place is a tourist rip off.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Austin, Texas
“Decent Pub Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Having driven past this tavern everyday for almost a week, I suppose it was inevitable we would stop by. They have a very nice outdoor seating area with a firepit by the entrance, though that's not where we ate. Inside it was pretty busy, a no-frills pub. Chowder was decent, buffalo chicken tenders and pizza OK.

Visited July 2014
Jersey Shore, New Jersey
“Cheeseburger pizza? More please!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

We have only gotten pizza and the Brewster salad as take out, BUT I have to rate this place! We've gotten the same take out three years in a row and love it... the cheeseburger pizza is a pig out everyone deserves (just do it... work out later). The BBQ pizza is very good and my kids devoured the plain. Good pizza in New England has to be carefully looked for - Laurino's does a great job. The Brewster salad is very fresh and absolutely delicious... we recommend.

Visited August 2014
“Awful”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

Waitress seemed not interested and was rude. Food was dry blah. Could make a better chicken parm at home. Manager was just as rude and never came back to apologize. They handed us the bill and walked away. We live local and would not recommend to any tourists or locals! Oh and refills are not free!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere