Brewster

Reviews from our community

Reviews from our community

cinnamon7...
Arlington, Massachusetts
“Nice house with an okay location but the management company let me down”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 for a stay in July 2013

I had been trying to use TripAdvisor to book a vacation rental on the cape for quite. We had never booked a vacation rental and were not familiar with the cape, so we had a hard time narrowing down the 100s of available rentals. In the end I called a property management company, Cape Cod, Rentals, to find a place to stay.

One of our few must haves in a vacation rental was to be walking distance to the beach. We wanted to get to the house and be able to spend they day without getting in the car. The problem was that, while the "beach" was three blocks away, the tides made the beach unusable by 9:00 AM until 6:00 PM. The water came all the way up to the rocks supporting the sand dunes for most of the day. In the end we explored lots of other beaches on the cape and had a blast. The bay / mud flats at our door step was also a lot of fun to explore. We just couldn't head to the beach for the day, setup, and relax the way we wanted. I blame the management company for this but the description of this property is misleading too.

The house had been renovated and was well stocked. There were lots of places to hang out, lots of different kitchen utensils, toys for the beach, squirt guns, extra sugar, coffee filters, and other kitchen supplies. The up-stairs bathroom was stuffy and couldn't really be cooled off or fully dried out. The air conditioner worked as stated otherwise - it did a good job keeping the house cool when used with the various fans.

I would recommend this property based on how you want to access the beach, but I'm not going back. While the management company found a house for me that met all my other criteria, they failed on the beach. They didn't follow up on our hand written feedback either. I would not recommend them.

4 of 5 stars How easy was it to book the property? 5 of 5 stars How helpful were the directions to the property?
4 of 5 stars How easy was key pickup/access to the property? 3 of 5 stars Overall condition of the property
3 of 5 stars Bedding & mattresses 3 of 5 stars Kitchen & utensils
3 of 5 stars Bathroom cleanliness 3 of 5 stars Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The cape
Liked least: Lack of usable beach for the full day
Traveling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Interested in this property?
Make Inquiry
Check in
Check out
Guests
Additional fees may be applied by manager
Rates have not been provided for this property. Please contact the owner/manager for total price.
Make Inquiry
(774) 353-0075
Speaks English
Listed since : May 2012
Calendar Updated: 52 days ago
Note: Response rate information for this manager is unavailable.
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Listing is Free!
Protect your privacy
Get more exposure
Set up your free listing