“Above my expectations...” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Brewster
New York City, New York
“Above my expectations...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

As someone planning a family vacation for persons ranging from 2 years old to 78 years old, and from high-maintenance (me) to frugal personalities, I was a bit nervous about what we would find. Overall, it was great. The resort manager helped me with arranging all the rooms to my requests even before we arrived. The grounds are gorgeous and there is something to do for everyone - beach, indoor/outdoor pools, tennis and golf. The on-resort restaurants were all delicious. I would like to especially point out that the staff are so friendly and helpful. I'm only sorry I didn't write down all their names since they deserve public kudos. The only downside was that housekeeping could have been better. What I thought was a "crack" in the tub was in fact, a hair that was there on check-in and left for 2 days until I rinsed it away myself. Also the waiter in the pub one night was so overwhelmed, he served our dairy-allergic 2-year-old a plate of spaghetti with cheese (he was notified of the allergy when ordering.) All the food came out very late and when asked for condiments, he totally forgot. The waiter seemed to feel bad about it and kept an upbeat personality throughout. It just stood out to me since everyone else was so detail-oriented and spot-on with their attentiveness. The entire family had a good time and I'm glad I picked this place.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Hanoi, Vietnam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Just had our wedding at a nearby resort, and chose to spend a few days at the Ocean's Edge. First, the positives.
The grounds are beautiful, and while im not a huge fan of the styling, the rooms are fantastic for the price. Our room came complete with a king size bed, a couch, a lounge chair, an outside seating area, and a lovely bathroom.
The staff brought us a bottle of wine, and a cheese plate to congratulate us on the wedding.
Service seems to be a high priority here, but the downfalls...
There is a lack of professionalism amongst the staff, and I feel as though the resort is more of a summer holiday for them as well- especially the staff down by the beach who listen to music on their phones, and play football between patrons chairs.
All in all, i would recommend the place, but i wouldn't go out of my way to come back.

Room Tip: We stayed in the east building, and our room backed onto a hill in which people could walk right pas...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Great service, clean comfortable rooms (awesome beds!) Beautiful beach and campus. Great for familes with kids. Enjoyed the casual dining and the more formal deck......all kid friendly. Check out the beach at low tide.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Falmouth, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I recently attended a wedding at the Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club in Brewster, MA. Initially, I was pretty psyched that my friend had picked such a lovely locale for her wedding, what with it being down the Cape during the summer and all (score!). But even I wasn't prepared for the absolutely amazing service and exceptional overall experience I was about to enjoy.

While I wasn't a part of the wedding party specifically, I'm close enough to the bride and groom to where I was able to arrive a couple days early under the guise of a prolonged mini-vacation from my job.

When I first arrived to check-in I was greeted at the front desk by a young woman with dark hair named Liz. She was incredibly friendly, cheerful and instantly made me feel right at home despite the somewhat lengthy check-in waiting time.

While the staff was applying the "finishing touches" to my room, Liz guided me to the nearby Ocean Terrace (see: outdoor bar -- always a good thing!) where I was then graciously waited on by the resident bartender extraordinaire, Jen! After quickly glancing at my menu and specials, Jen suggested a delicious blueberry lemonade cocktail that I happily sipped while enjoying the breathtaking view of nearby Cape Cod Bay.

Eventually, I was led to my room, which was incredibly clean and immaculate. Surprisingly enough, my room's upscale, modernized, feel somehow managed to contrast quite nicely with the quaint, old-world charm of the rest of the hotel. It really was a quite refreshing and unique play on both the old and the new, and is definitely something I wish to see more of from hotels and resorts in the future.

As for the wedding? Well, there's not much else to say other than that it was pretty much picture-perfect all around. From the beach-front ceremony, to the Ballroom Terrace cocktail hour, all the way to the Bay Pines Pavilion for the dinner and dancing at the reception...

Everything really seemed to be planned out with an excruciating attention to detail. Clearly, the primary goal of the staff was and is to provide the utmost service to the venue's guests. Credit for all of this and more is no doubt due to Stacy, the hard-working, multi-tasking wedding planner. Somehow, she not only managed to juggle all of the various parts of the wedding with skill and grace, she amazingly did it all with a friendly smile throughout.

This is to say nothing of the fact that she took the time -- on multiple occasions spanning from the cocktail hour through to the reception -- to personally see to several different guests' (including my own) needs throughout the evening.

All in all, I'm quite hard-pressed to find any faults or negative things to say about my stay at Ocean Edge for my friend's wedding. I would highly, HIGHLY recommend this venue to absolutely ANYONE looking for a special place to host their wedding, family vacation or any other special event.

Thanks again to all the staff and I look forward to returning again for a future stay! =)

Room Tip: Mansion-side rooms are amazing; Beware of summertime traffic!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

This hotel is lovely in a good location. The grounds are well maintained, and the mansion side is a 5 minute walk to a fantastic beach, where chairs and parasols can be set up for you.

The rooms are spacious and very clean. The Tommy Bahamas toiletries are a v nice touch.
The small patio area at the back of the room where there is a small table and two chairs is a nice place to sit and relax.

Bed is comfortable. Small fridge in room and coffee maker.

The only thing I would say that could make this perfect is that the sound proofing could be better. We could hear the people above us walking around (more like thudding), so make are you have a room on the higher floor.
Also I agree with a previous review on TA. It would be nice to have an adults only pool too, just to have the option of swimming.

Ate at Bayzo pub. Ted and Andrew are friendly and gave us v good advice and tips of our vist to Chatham, Martha's Vineyard, Province Town etc. The food was delicious, well presented, and hot. Good choices too, pork, fish and chips, pizza, salad, mac and cheese, chicken etc.
Good choice of wines and spirits and reasonable prices.

Room Tip: Upper floors on mansion side to avoid hearing people upstairs.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
West Barnstable, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Recently I attended a reception in the carriage room at lovely Ocean Edge resort..a late afternoon cocktail party with light food. I was looking forward to it because I had heard interesting remarks about this resort.
I am sure they were wondering what to do with the food after we left, because most of it was not eaten as it was presented poorly and not in the least bit tasty. The plates of food the wait staff passed around sat in grease and tasted the same. The platters of food seemed to be mainly salami/pepperoni type meats and a few unattractive vegetables. I had none of it...After the event I spoke with several others and they termed the food disgusting....I agreed...inappropriate, unappetizing and of poor quality. Such a lovely place for an event and spoiled by poor quality food. I would hate to pay a lot of money for a wedding reception there. Is it too hard to put out a cheese platter, several dips, some attractive appetizers? I am sure the sponsors paid for just that!

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Mount Laurel, New Jersey, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We stayed in one of the suites on the golf course side. Accomodations were nice. We had come from Martha's Vineyard. When I was planning I thought my family would like Ocean's Edge better. In comparison to MV, everything was spread so far out we had to drive to get anywhere although not very far. There were lots of good places to eat and shop along the way. Were planning to go to Brewster Beach and Ocean Terrace our last day but the weather did not cooperate. The Terrace has an incredible view. Lots of fun activities - smores night was great.

Room Tip: To get to our room, you had to go down 2 sets of stairs giving it a basement feeling. The back side...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club? Share your experiences!