“July 2013” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Brewster
Belmont, Massachusetts
“July 2013”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Amazing experience! From the minute we arrived this place exceeded our expectations. Having not been to the resort in 10 years, I couldn't believe how much they had done with the roof top deck and updated condos. We spent 3 days here, never had to leave the grounds, there was plenty to do and we could have easily spent another week here without having to walk off the grounds. We ate at the pub and restaurant, and the food was fantastic. The staff was incredible - everyone we met went above and beyond to make our stay enjoyable. I would highly recommend this to anyone wanting to get away as a couple or bring the family - we'll definitely be coming back!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Topsfield, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

I won't bother talking about how there are more kids here than Disneyland, if you want to spend $600/night to hear the sound or crying kids then this is the place. I'm writing to say that our room was never cleaned on our 2nd day and that the walls are paper thin....which brings me back to the issue of too many kids. I thought that our room had a terrible view of the parking lot, however every room is situated like this. I walked out the sliding door to enjoy the view of my very own car parked just feet away. There's an entire community that eats and plays at the "mansion", this has a way of making you feel like an outsider. Do yourself a favor, if you're looking to get away and you want to be treated a certain way, book your reservation at the Wequassett in Chatham. Traveling down the Cape to stay at the Oceans Edge is not a relaxing endeavor.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Some good things- The room is beauitul just as advertized. The staff is very hard working and helpful. The staff all seems to be from outside the USA. not sure why but the only issue we had was the waiter in the pub had a hard time understading us. There is plenty of workers here not shortage of staffing anywhere. Being here mid week had the amount of people here managable but I can't even think how it would be on a weekend as the beach and pool was full on a Wednesday. The hall carpets are stained as is the elevator.. don't you guys clean the rugs ? At best this is a 3 star hotel due to many conditions. If not for the great hard working staff it would be a disaster. The TV does not work well (Yes that matters) and the TV station list in the room is wrong. We paid some $500 a night and for that I would think cleaning the halls and the fitness center might be covered. Maybe some better direction to those who sweep the halls, etc: would help. I have to admit the view of the dumpsters from my suite was not what I had expected. maybe some landscaping might help ? Great concept but room for improvement. I have no issue paying $500 a night if it is truely a 4 star hotel. Sorry not there yet.

Room Tip: stay at the Mansion not the village
Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

We were initially thrilled with the Oceans Edge. The grounds and facilities are beautiful and the location was perfect for us. However, upon using the kitchen we lifted up the coffee maker and found a moldy hot pad with bugs on it. We immediately called and they had someone come get, offered to clean, and apologized. We felt that something of this magnitude should have been followed up by a manager, but no one called us.

• Stayed July 2013
nj
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

My family and I have been going to Ocean Edge for the past several years. We recently got back from our latest trip - every year has been a wonderful experience. We have two kids (5 and 10) who love the resort as well. We stay in the 1-bedroom condos which are perfect for families - equipped with a full kitchen, washer and dryer. The rooms are very comfortable and clean with a good amount of space for families. The grounds and property are absolutely beautiful and the entire staff is friendly, helpful and accommodating. I HIGHLY recommend this resort, especially for families. We have always been thrilled with our stay and can't wait to go back!

Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

I went to the resort it was breathe taking. Never seen a place like this before. I enjoyed my time there. Highly recommend it to couples and groups of friends. I wish the staff was more friendly, food was okay. Next time I go back it will be over the summer so much more activities to do..

• Stayed April 2013
Hartford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We just returned from 4 nights in the west wing of the mansion. We had our 3 children with us - ages 12, 10 and 3. All in all we had a wonderful time and were very happy with our stay.

We did our research before going and chose the mansion side for a reason - with 3 kids we needed to be able to bounce between the pool, beach and our room throughout the day. For that it was perfect. But the mansions you see in the pictures are not where the rooms are. They are actually in 2 basic looking buildings behind the mansions.

The beach is beautiful and the guys that work down there gladly set you up with chairs and umbrellas. No need to bring them from home. There is also a small bar on the deck that serves drinks and ice cream and a small lunch menu. We even got to see a wedding on the beach one of our days. But do know that when there are weddings, there is a good chance that the pool on the mansion side will be closed (it was).

We had a "premier" 2 queen bed room in the west wing, second floor. This room made us VERY HAPPY! I think that the room is why my husband is not complaining more about the cost of these 4 nights...... The room had to be close to 700 sqf. It had a view of the ocean above the trees. A balcony with table and 2 chairs. Two queen beds that were sooo comfortable and a queen size pull out sofa. Another table with 2 chairs, large flat screen tv, mini fridge, desk area with shelves and a storage bench. There was a large closet and dressing area outside of the bathroom with a vanity and a sink. The bathroom was large with a soaking tub. The toiletries were Tommy Bahama and smelled wonderful. Honestly this was one of the largest and nicest rooms we have stayed in at the beach and for a family of 5 thats important!

I'm not sure we would stay again as the cost for these 4 nights was over $2,000 with all the fees and taxes. But we would recommend it to others as a great place to stay. Maybe we will make it back off season :-)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club? Share your experiences!