“Fantastic Stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Brewster
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Fantastic Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Visited end of June 2013 with my family (me, my wife, our two young kids and my wife's mother). The property is stunning with a fantastic 3-acre front lawn, great private beach and indoor/outdoor pools. We had a very luxurious and comfortable three-bedroom apartment with a fully equipped kitchen. Cathy Strizzi, our hostess, was exceptional and helped with all our requirements. The hotel is conveniently located so as to allow easy access to other parts of the Cape such as Provincetown, Chatham and Falmouth. We stayed three nights but would have loved to go a full week! Definitely will be back next year!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This resort is in a good centralized location on Cape Cod for easy and short trips to surrounding towns with more attractions (Orleans, Chatham, Wellfleet, etc.) for shopping and dining but is in a quiet neighborhood with private beach access that is ideal for a short getaway. The recently renovated Mansion side rooms are gorgeous, large, well decorated but do not have actual ocean views at the resort is set back from the beach by about .25 mile. The resort grounds are decent with a good sized pool, tennis courts, green space and private beach down a hidden path. However, the spa and gym facilities are decidedly subpar.

Our primary complaint is that when we booked the trip we requested a spa treatment and were provided with a direct number to call to set up our desired appointment time and treatment. We called and made an appointment with E-Spa (which we did not lean until much later is actually down the road from the resort, not a part of it) without trouble. But it was never made clear by the resort staff that the spa was actually not connected with the resort itself (note they do have spa treatments available if you schedule to have someone come specifically to the resort on your appointed day). The day of our appointment we arrived at the resort's "spa" only to discover no one was around. After discussing with some of the staff in the adjoining pool area for some time trying to sort out the confusion, we received a call from E Spa and realized that the appointment was actually elsewhere. We were late to our appointment and while the actual treatment was very good at E Spa, it was cut a bit short because of the confusion. On the upside the resort ended up comping us a meal to make up for the confusion.

One other issue (which is not unique to resorts) is that the food on site is incredibly overpriced. The first afternoon that we arrived we just wanted a snack and had a "cheese platter" at the Ocean View Terrance (does actually have an ocean view) which consisted of a few meager slices of cheese, crackers and fruit for a whopping $28 (we later purchased about 3 lbs of fresh assorted cheeses along with crackers at a shop in Chatham for the same price). We also had an eye-popping $8 glass of milk one night as room service when my wife suffered some heartburn. While these expenses should not be make or break when the average room is $425 nightly, you can get a better local experience/value by going off the resort for dining.

Room Tip: Although there is no "ocean view" in the Mansion rooms, ask for a ocean facing room as the...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Vernon, Connecticut, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Our stay at the Mansion Villas were fantastic. The rooms were just redone in Tommy Bahama decor and the staff was fantastic. A really special place to watch the suset was the Ocean Terrace that was on the property. We enjoyed the food and the service was exceptional.
A special shout out to Jennifer, Sam and Adam who made sure that everything was to our liking !!!
The ocean and beach was a great place to unwind. The staff were also very accommodating and worked very hard .
I can't wait to return !

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

We just got back from a mother/daughter getaway and had a great time. We were booked into the "Villas", I asked if they had any upgrades available and were upgraded to the Mansion (west wing).

The room was so adorably cozy and very clean. The staff friendly and cheerful. I will absolutely be going back.

Room Tip: Stay at the Mansion.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

This is a beautiful resort with lots of amenities. We stayed in the west wing of the mansion. The room was large and nice. We packed our own beach chairs and umbrella only to find that they are provided for you at the beach. The stff was very helpful.

• Stayed June 2013
Bolton MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

So went went to The Mansion this past weekend from Fri to Sunday for my birthday. The room was absolutely beautiful, the sheets and beds very comfy, loved the robes too. Liked the two sinks, one in the bath one outside, good for 2 people. Even tho it rained everyday it was still fun. Both the Pub downstairs and the outside bar was great. Room only had a view of the treetops, but it was still okay.

The downfall - the great wedding of the century that was taking place on Sat - went to the pool around 2, was told I couldnt use it due to ..the wedding. Everywhere I went, an employee would mention ..the wedding. So I took a shuttle to the Villages, where every kid imaginable was swimming, was there 15 min and it rained - not their fault, of course. While on my way over I got stung by something (no idea what) and my neck swelled to the size of Arnold Swarteneger (sp). Went to dr today as a matter of fact - the driver of the shuttle told me I must have "brought it from the beach" whereas, I never went to the beach. Oh well.

Annie, the bartender in the downstairs Pub was wonderful, so down to earth and friendly. Saw her the second nite too and she made it a point to bring out a cake and sing happy birthday to me - she was great. All the folks I ran into practically saluted when I showed up, even when I lost my room key. They were all great. Just wish I could have used that pool for the 10 minutes the rain stopped - the indoor pool was FILLED w/little kids and so loud.

All and all, a good time, the renovated rooms are just beautiful. Probably wouldnt go back, thou, its a tad expensive and you never know about....the weddings!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

My husband and I LOVE Ocean Edge! We got married there last summer and it's very easily become our favorite place.
We worked with Heather and she couldn't have been more wonderful. We had our rehearsal dinner, wedding/reception and a bon-fire there.
Our rehearsal dinner was in a beautiful room with a patio that overlooked the water. The service, food and views were amazing.
We got married on the beach, over 4th of July weekend. Heather was great at trying to keep my husband and I calm knowing that there was thousands of people on the beach, it's a good thing we're not shy. The ceremony was beautiful, and the staff did a great job at keeping people out of walking thru our ceremony.
The complimentary shuttle for our guests from the beach to the Carriage House where we had the reception.
The Carriage House was perfect for our party size, most of the party was spent on the patio with the beautiful ocean view. Our bar was outside, and our DJ put speakers outside which was perfect because of the fireworks.
The following night we had a bon-fire on the beach for our friends. Our bonfire had s'mores, wine and beer. It was a perfect end to our wedding weekend. The Ocean Edge staff said our group was one of the most tame they'd seen, but it was mostly because it was day three of our wedding weekend bender :-)
We're returning to Ocean Edge for our first anniversary and so far they're already overachieving. The wonderful staff there not only helped us to book a room in the same section we stayed on our wedding weekend, but they've tried to put us in the exact same room. To say my husband and I are excited to go back is an understatement.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club? Share your experiences!