“Keeping you up to date on my trip to The Mansion, home of the great wedding!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club

Special Offer
Contact Us For Best Rates
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Brewster
Bolton MA
“Keeping you up to date on my trip to The Mansion, home of the great wedding!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

So went went to The Mansion this past weekend from Fri to Sunday for my birthday. The room was absolutely beautiful, the sheets and beds very comfy, loved the robes too. Liked the two sinks, one in the bath one outside, good for 2 people. Even tho it rained everyday it was still fun. Both the Pub downstairs and the outside bar was great. Room only had a view of the treetops, but it was still okay.

The downfall - the great wedding of the century that was taking place on Sat - went to the pool around 2, was told I couldnt use it due to ..the wedding. Everywhere I went, an employee would mention ..the wedding. So I took a shuttle to the Villages, where every kid imaginable was swimming, was there 15 min and it rained - not their fault, of course. While on my way over I got stung by something (no idea what) and my neck swelled to the size of Arnold Swarteneger (sp). Went to dr today as a matter of fact - the driver of the shuttle told me I must have "brought it from the beach" whereas, I never went to the beach. Oh well.

Annie, the bartender in the downstairs Pub was wonderful, so down to earth and friendly. Saw her the second nite too and she made it a point to bring out a cake and sing happy birthday to me - she was great. All the folks I ran into practically saluted when I showed up, even when I lost my room key. They were all great. Just wish I could have used that pool for the 10 minutes the rain stopped - the indoor pool was FILLED w/little kids and so loud.

All and all, a good time, the renovated rooms are just beautiful. Probably wouldnt go back, thou, its a tad expensive and you never know about....the weddings!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

My husband and I LOVE Ocean Edge! We got married there last summer and it's very easily become our favorite place.
We worked with Heather and she couldn't have been more wonderful. We had our rehearsal dinner, wedding/reception and a bon-fire there.
Our rehearsal dinner was in a beautiful room with a patio that overlooked the water. The service, food and views were amazing.
We got married on the beach, over 4th of July weekend. Heather was great at trying to keep my husband and I calm knowing that there was thousands of people on the beach, it's a good thing we're not shy. The ceremony was beautiful, and the staff did a great job at keeping people out of walking thru our ceremony.
The complimentary shuttle for our guests from the beach to the Carriage House where we had the reception.
The Carriage House was perfect for our party size, most of the party was spent on the patio with the beautiful ocean view. Our bar was outside, and our DJ put speakers outside which was perfect because of the fireworks.
The following night we had a bon-fire on the beach for our friends. Our bonfire had s'mores, wine and beer. It was a perfect end to our wedding weekend. The Ocean Edge staff said our group was one of the most tame they'd seen, but it was mostly because it was day three of our wedding weekend bender :-)
We're returning to Ocean Edge for our first anniversary and so far they're already overachieving. The wonderful staff there not only helped us to book a room in the same section we stayed on our wedding weekend, but they've tried to put us in the exact same room. To say my husband and I are excited to go back is an understatement.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Morgantown, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

A unique location with a little history that makes it even more interesting.
We liked the thought of being in a resort that was once a private estate and many of the rooms, woodwork and period piece photographs of people enjoying the coast were delightful.

Our room, 121 in the West wing of the mansion was another story. Don't ask for room 121.
The interior is lovely - spacious, decorated in way that was luxurious but understated. Plenty of space for 2-3 people with comfortable sofa and chair for watching TV. The balcony was nice but the high wall blocked any view (which would have largely been a parking lot) and a lot of the breeze. It was at the end of a long hallway and next to the utility sheds so a bit noisy. In fact the room was not as soundproof as we would have liked - you could hear people clumping about above you and in the hallways. The bathroom was spacious, with lots of shelf and a magnifying mirror which I appreciated. Small refrigerator and coffee service. Housekeeping was excellent.

We had a bit of a hike to get to the main section of the Mansion and it would have been difficult for handicapped to maneuver. There is a small elevator to get down one level to the pool and fitness center. Both of these amenities were quite nice and family friendly.

Room service has limited hours (ends at 9 PM) but we tried it once and were happy with the food and the speed of the service.

Our king-bed room was $279 a night, a discounted rate for our conference.

Room Tip: If you're in the West Wing of the Mansion, go for a middle room on the second floor. They have o...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Cotuit, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

My husband and I had a one night getaway in the Mansion's West Wing at the Ocean Edge on June 22,2013. What an incredible, luxurious experience! The room was clean, quiet, spacious and beautifully decorated with a very comfortable bed. The grounds were lovely and the private beach with complimentary chairs and umbrellas was wonderful. There was a romantic outside bar where we enjoyed watching the sunset, and the food was excellent. The staff was friendly and very accommodating. We would highly recommend a stay in this beautiful place.

Room Tip: The Mansion Signature room with a view was the best.
Boston, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

My husband and I had a one night getaway to celebrate our anniversary. We stayed in a West Wing mansion room on a floor above the indoor pool. The pool faced the back parking lot - no view, but they had built a small patio into the hill, so at least we didn't look at cars. The room was clean, spacious, and quiet.

We drove early on a Saturday morning and were so happy with the beach and restaurant choices that we never left the property. It was during a heat wave - so we felt like we had really gotten away from it all. We had lunch and dinner on the terrace restaurant, a late dessert at the pub, and breakfast in the mansion. All meals were excellent - a bit pricey, but we were happy with the quality of food, view from terrace, and service from an enthusiastic international staff.

My favorite part was the beautiful and unspoiled beach. I like how you have to take a little path which is conveniently lit at night (but not overly lit so you can stargaze). It is nice to just go down to the beach and not see or hear the resort scene. Staff was very helpful in setting up umbrellas to really enjoy that cool breeze without the heat.

One comment on the beach - while it is true that the beach is part of the resort, the ocean is owned by no one - so I would hope that guests would respect this beautiful natural resource. I was disappointed in seeing guests leaving drink cups behind (figuring "staff" would get it when in reality the wind blows it around), and young guests killing crabs for no apparent reason. With Mass Audubon, Natural History Museum, and the National Seashore in the area, perhaps they could provide some information to families about respecting animals and their habitats. Maybe the hotel could have some information on hand. Just a thought.

There were weddings going on but not on the beach, so I felt like we could get away from the party scene. We did swim in the pool, but it was nothing to write home about- not particularly big and full of pollen (beyond the control of the hotel). The whirlpool wouldn't turn on and no one was around to assist.
Overall this was a lovely visit where we enjoyed not having to use our car.

Room Tip: You can get to the beach from the mansion side rooms without crossing the road.
Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Very comfortable accomodation. Comfortable rooms, quite large, and very comfortable beds, Good access to the beach and the nearby golf course is superb.
Breakfast is well laid out although we were a bit surprised it was served in the Pub and not in the front restaurant.
As our stay was in early May, the main restaurant was closed and the Pub's closing hours on a Saturday evening were surprisingly early.
The reception team at the front desk were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I stayed with my boyfriend and his family in a beautiful newly-renovated Bay Pines Villa - it was perfect! It was so nice sitting outside on our porch enjoying the peace and quiet of the outdoors! The room was perfect - quite a cozy "home away from home". Two nights was NOT enough! We loved having the pool across the street from us and the beach within walking distance too! Dinner at the Ocean Terrace was delicious; watching the sunset over great food and wine - can't beat it! Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club? Share your experiences!