“Great Stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Brewster
Boston
“Great Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I stayed with my boyfriend and his family in a beautiful newly-renovated Bay Pines Villa - it was perfect! It was so nice sitting outside on our porch enjoying the peace and quiet of the outdoors! The room was perfect - quite a cozy "home away from home". Two nights was NOT enough! We loved having the pool across the street from us and the beach within walking distance too! Dinner at the Ocean Terrace was delicious; watching the sunset over great food and wine - can't beat it! Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kristen F

Newton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

we spent the father's day from thursday to sunday, not at the mansion but at the condos. it worked out all fine. but the ambiguity was I did not know whether or not we were going to be lodged at the mansion (sea side) or the condos (golf course) side. Overall it all work fine and we had a good long weekend.

Barrington, Rhode Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Our room was very nice. Inside was impeciably kept. Outside however was a different story. The porch needed to be powerwashed due to green growing on the railing, boards had warpeed outward, and a birds nest (hidden in the ceiling) filled the floor with poop. For the price paid for the room and a specific ask about outdoor accomodations, I would have thought that more attention would have been paid to the outdoor space and those details. We did not use this space due to its lack of upkeeping and maintenace.

I would have thought that internet would have been included with the room rate for leisure guests. I have stayed at this resort a number of times now and the resort is a DEAD zone for verizon customers. Due to this your phone drains and access to the internet through your phone service is extremely slow. Understanding this important fact about the resort could really help the resort serve its guests a lot better, by offering a solution.

Access to the inputs on the TV would have also been nice due to the fact that we travel with young children who like to watch "their shows". Small request and would not make or break the stay.

The big killer for us would be the lack of information provided about weddings occuring on the resort during our stay. We were not told when we booked our weekend that there woould be any such events at the resort that weekend, but even more importantly that it would shut down facilities. Both the outdoor pool and the beach were "reserved" for these wedding events starting at 4PM. This was incredibly dissapointing to us and we would have booked elsewhere if we had known that this was going to occur.

All in all I cannot highly reccomend this resort from either a price/value persepctive nor a enjoyable vacation experience. I am not sure this would be my top choice of a place to return to on the Cape. While it had great high points for us, the low points outweigh them and we would consider a new location for our next Cape visit.

1 Thank jkri
BryanWebb, Manager at The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thanks for your review of The Mansion at Ocean Edge. I am happy to hear you were pleased with the cleanliness of the room, and but sorry to hear the patio area needed attention. I wish we had been notified of your situation during your stay. We would have happily taken care of the problem area or relocated you to another room if possible.

I also want to apologize for the poor phone service you described. Internet is offered to our guests complimentary. Unfortunately, Verizon reception in particular can sometimes be inadequate at certain locations on the resort. We would happily let Verizon locate a cell phone tower on our property! But we do we do understand how frustrating it can be when service is poor.

The Mansion Guest Rooms are all equipped with new television sets. Unfortunately they are hotel style, which basically means they are not equipped with the same jacks you would find on a home TV. This is fairly common in hotels with newer tv’s. Honestly, this is not a request we have had before, but I am nonetheless sorry we could not provide your children with access to their shows.

Ocean Edge is a very popular wedding venue, and we have weekend weddings often, particularly in the warmer weather months. It would be unusual for one of our reservations staff to indicate there would not be a wedding on a particular weekend without further research. I apologize if this happened, and if you recall the name of your reservation specialist, we would be happy to address this with them.

Matthew Moore
Resort Manager
Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club
774-323-6101
Stamford, CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in a West Wing Mansion room and traveled with our 15 mo old. The staff from the front desk, to the pool and beach were friendly and accommodating, especially when it came to things we needed for our toddler. While our room was very humid and a little musty-smelling, it was nicely appointed and very comfortable. There were a few stains and hairs on the bath robes that the resort provided. I notified housekeeping and they promptly replaced them.

I do think that the $25 "resort fee" is exorbitant considering the hefty room fee. While this fee covers access to the pool and beach, my husband had to pay an extra $20 just to use the driving range at the golf course.

We ate at Bayzo's pub one night for dinner. The atmosphere is cozy and relaxed. The food was so-so. I reccomend leaving the property and exploring nearby Chatham if you are looking for a good meal!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank JKCamelotCT
CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

The weather was great the place was not crowded. many great places to eat. The front desk was very helpful. Biking trails were wonderful! What can I say it was a great get away weekend to celebrate a birthday

• Stayed June 2013
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

we visited with family for weekend in june , we stayed in a two bed unit , very big resort with lots of different pools to choose from indoor outdoor ,gym facilities in mansion were a bit small i felt for such a large resort , we had beach access as part of our deal which was a short 5 min walk which was very nice ,we ate on property in the golf club which was very good, bayzo's pub was poor and the ocean terrace was pricey but good with great views and ambience. As it was start of season lots of staff in training which was frustrating as they were unsure on things but were very incredibly pleasant and helpful and eager to please . Concierge met us on arrival and was incredibly pleasant and helpful . We travelled with a service dog and that was no issue we cleared it with reservation staff ahead of arriving ,

1 Thank ciaranobrien
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

My Husband and I recently got married at Ocean Edge Resort on May 18th. We arrived there on Thursday, and met with our wedding coordinator Heather to go over the final details of the big day! In my opinion, Heather was the best wedding Coordinator!. She was always there if I needed to ask her a question, and she was very prompt with her responses . She made me feel so relaxed as a bride. When the wedding day arrived she came to greet me and offered to drive anywhere if we needed anything at all...even cvs!! That blew my mind. Also Ocean Edge staff brought in champange and juices for the morning of the wedding and helped us with anything we needed.

Our Cocktail hour was held on the Ocean Terrace. One word.... breathtaking! The view was amazing, and the food was out of this world delicious! Just prior to the Reception, Heather showed Bill and I how the Mansion Ballroom looked!! It was incredible! Her and her staff did an amazing job to make our dream wedding come true The Gift table, Candy Bar, Sweetheart Table all looked amazing. Everything, and I mean everything, was perfect. I owe this all to Heather, and the entire Ocean Edge Staff!

Our guest accommadations were taken care of by Helena. She did an absolutely amazing job keeping up with our ever-changing room block, and accomadating last-minute changes to our guests housing situations. It is because of Helena that almost our entire wedding were able to stay at Ocean Edge!

My husband and I could not have asked for a more perfect wedding, and Ocean Edge certainly gave that to us. Our guests are still talking about how good the food was, and how breath-taking the Resort is. We will certainly be returning to Ocean Edge for our Anniversary next year!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brewster
Chatham Inn At 359 Main
Anchor In Hotel
Anchor In Hotel
#2 of 22 in Hyannis
4.5 of 5 stars 820 reviews

Been to The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club? Share your experiences!