“Love Shady Knoll; love Cape Cod πŸ”₯🐠🐟🐬🐳🐚” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Shady Knoll Campground

Shady Knoll Campground
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Brewster
Shady Knoll Campground
Save Saved
You added Shady Knoll Campground to your Saves list
1709 Main St, Brewster, MA 02631   |
Southwick, Massachusetts
“Love Shady Knoll; love Cape Cod πŸ”₯🐠🐟🐬🐳🐚”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012 via mobile

I believe this is our 5th year camping at Shady Knoll. First it was a week, then 10 days, then 14 days and this summer was my first year of retirement so my husband & I decided to stay a month. I have already reserved a month for July 2013. We love this campground and the Cape. It's true from other reviews I've read...the bath facilities are the cleanest of any campground we've been to. Overall campground is a tad dusty but I don't think that can be helped unless they pave the roads. I love the staff and have had some fun conversations with them. Location...location...location... it's perfect for getting to any of the beautiful towns on the Cape. Can't wait for July 2013!!β˜€
Sue Porter

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

28 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

I absolutely love this campground! Perfect location to see everything on the cape. The Brewster beaches are perfect for families. The bathrooms are very clean and workers were super friendly. I highly recommend Shady Knoll, we will be back next year!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2011

I love this campground. Bathrooms were very clean and staff was friendly. It was close to the beach, restaurants, national seashore. Can't wait for next year!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
NSW
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2010

Having camped in various countries around the world, we were very impressed with Shady Knoll Campground. The restrooms and showers were immaculate, the staff most helpful. The sites were very spacious and separated by hedging for privacy. As Cape Cod is susceptible to the wind, the sheltered sites were appreciated, especially during the post Earl gusty conditions. A major bonus for the position is that it was so easy to explore all corners of the Cape from there. Brewster is a delightful village, as are the other communities on the bay side of the Cape. There was an adequate food store across the road and fantastic supermarket, Stop and Shop, just a short drive away. There was a plethora of great restaurants, cafes, art galleries, beaches, etc all within walking distance. Highly recommended.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2010

We just returned from a long weekend at Shady Knolls. The thing we noticed was how clean it was. The bathrooms are new they were clean the entire time we were there. They also have new front loader washer and dryers. As a matter of fact I saw the staff cleaning the bathrooms several times a day. The sites are small but flat and easy to pull into with an RV (we have a small 17ft Jayco expandable). Although you are close to your neighbor there are trees and vegetation that provide some privacy from your neighbor. We stayed at site 79 and would request that site again. It was close to the bathrooms but not too close. It had nice vegetation all around it so we felt a bit private. There is no pool at the campground, and playground and rec room are small but nice. The beach is about a 15 minute walk. It's a bayside beach so it's not the greatest...... lots of seaweed - wouldn't swim in it because of the seaweed, but clean otherwise. The Brewster location of this campground is awesome so if you drive a little bit you can experience some of the most gorgeous Atlantic beaches on Cape Cod. We've stayed at other campgrounds on the Cape and the sites are usually much smaller with far less privacy. There are some sites at Shady Knolls that are not good..... the ones by the bathrooms, dump station, and playground are not places I would stay. But there are plenty of other sites that are really nice and if you call the campground the staff will work with you. Don't worry about cleanliness... this place is clean. The two complaints I have about the showers are the shower head and the fact that there is no drain in the changing area.... the shower head it's a bit weird and comes out way too strong. They could also us a drain in the changing area because after you take a shower you end up standing in water. But those were my only complaints with the facilities. Some folks in the office staff could be a little friendlier, but I found the grounds crew to be nice. We also stayed at their sister campground Atlantic Oaks in Eastham, which was just a clean but the sites are pull through and there is NO privacy at all.... you will be right on top of your neighbor and could hear them snore at night.... no joke! Also Atlantic Oaks is not within walking distance to a beach which was a bit of draw back for us.... but it is has direct access to the National Seashore bike trail and the staff is super friendly!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Hamilton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2010

We stayed 2 nights at Shady Knoll and were very impressed. The bathrooms and showers were the cleanest I have ever seen at a campground. The location is fantastic. It's a small campground so I never had to wait for a bathroom stall or shower and it was very quiet.

My only complaint was that they gave me tent site 97A. They told me it was a double site, but you could tell it was one site since it only had one fire pit. Luckily no one was using 97B so we were able to use the fire pit, but otherwise I would have taken issue with that.

But otherwise I highly recommend this campground!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Shady Knoll Campground? Share your experiences!