“An Unpleasant Experience!” 1 of 5 stars

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“An Unpleasant Experience!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

My four friends and I visited this shop on September 2, the beginning of our week's vacation in Brewster. The young lady behind the counter was incredibly rude and responded sarcastically to most of our questions. When trying to decide whether we should rent bikes for the entire week or just a day here or there, one of our group asked her, "Do you know what the weather is supposed to be like this week?" Her response? "I don't know the weather. I don't check the weather." And then she followed up with, "There's no refunds," meaning if it rains on the days you've rented, tough luck. I ended up throwing her pamphlet back down on the counter and walking out. I don't have to put up with being treated like that in any establishment.

Instead, my friends and I went to Brewster Bike, just a couple of miles away at 442 Underpass Road, and were greeted by a friendly and extremely helpful lady, who was one of the owners. Their prices were cheaper and we felt that our business was appreciated. When we returned our bikes at the end of the week, we had a wonderful chat with the other owner, Larry, and left with smiles on our faces.

Take my advice: Go to Brewster Bike and be treated like a valuable customer, not an unpleasant intrusion.

Visited September 2013

Bellingham, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Helpful, attentive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

We rented two bikes and a bike trailer for my 3 year old daughter to ride in. The gentleman who helped us was very helpful and set us up with everything we needed. He spent time talking to us, was very informative and seemed to really appreciate our business.

Visited May 2013
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Ride On!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

This bike shop was recommended by our hosts at Brewster by the Sea B&B. It is right on the rail trail and this shop has a wide selection of bikes. They offer helmets at no charge as well as bike locks. The owner is very helpful getting you fitted to your rental bike and will recommend different things to see along the way. The rentals are available on an hourly, daily or multi day rates.

Visited October 2012
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“good stuff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

My daughter rented bikes this summer with her boyfriend there. Friendly staff. Helpful. Affordable. Located on Underpass Road, well located to the Rail trail. Ample parking. try it.

Visited August 2012
Denver, Colorado, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Easy to rent, uncomfortable seats”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

The bike shop was no muss no fuss. We were in and out with bikes rented in under 5 minutes. The guy who rented the bikes wasn't super-helpful or interested in talking. The seats are NOT comfortable.

Visited September 2012