“Best location for a wedding!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Contact Us For Best Rates
Ranked #2 of 2 hotels in Brewster
Medford, Massachusetts
“Best location for a wedding!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Ocean Edge was the perfect location for our wedding on 11/16/12. Stacy Bianchi and her team helped put all of our dreams into a reality. 90% of our guests were not from the Cape and they loved the accommodations. Ocean Edge is located on Cape Cod in a great location with spectacular views. The staff is friendly and goes out of their way to make the stay enjoyable. The rooms are beautiful and very clean. My wedding guests had the option of staying in a villa on the mansion side, a hotel room on the mansion side or a one bedroom villa on the villages (golf course) side. The staff was very helpful and provided transportation to the guests staying in the villas until 1am/1:30am to make sure people didn't have to worry about drinking and driving. We loved Ocean Edge and if we could do it all over again, we would do our wedding there in a heart beat!

Room Tip: I would pick the mansion side just for convenience and the rooms/views are spectacular
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

774 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Polish first
Huntington, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

My family stayed here for 5 nights in a villa. Upon arrival and checking in, we added our extra day since we were all "wowed" as soon as we drove on the property!

Our villa was larger than we expected do it was even more comfortable for our stay. Nice decor....having a kitchen was a plus because we could buy breakfast and lunch at a nearby store and not break the bank

The restaurants were amazing on the property! We ate at the pub in the basement of the mansion two times. It was reasonable. The clubhouse restaurant was wonderful too.

The only criticism I had was the pool snack bar. It was horrible ..... Microwaved burgers?? Really??!! We threw them out....they really should renovate that snack bar to include a grill!

Oh boy.....our favorite day was taking the awesome bike trail from ocean edge resort! It was so much fun riding with all of us for hours and hours! I'm talking about 2 adults and a 22 year old man, 20 year old girl, and A 17 year old. I felt like a kid again At 48!

We will definitely return one day! We loved it!

• Stayed August 2012
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

The main registration and the meeting and banquet rooms are located in stunning, 100 year old buildings that are like Grand Mansions. Beautiful grounds, lovely wood panelling, these buildings exude Cape Cod charm. The groundsm the lawn, the beach front are all wonderful.

Our rooms were literally "down the road" too far to walk. There is a shuttle bus system although we used our car to get back and forth. The rooms are immaculate, with three or four to a cottage, but the decor is pure fifties or sixties. I felt like I was sleeping in my parent's home.

The staff were friendly and helpful, but the set up is challenging. We were there for a conference and the distances made easy meetings difficult. There were our weddings during my time there, and we all felt like they resulted in us becoming second tier guests.

Anyway, if you golf,it would be beautiful. I am very glad that we stayed here and experienced this fine old building. Would I choose to stay here again? Probably not unless some real investment was put into the rooms.

Room Tip: Ask to be put in a cottage as close to the Main Building as possible.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
East Haven, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

My wife and I recently celebrated our wedding with a "mini-moon" weekend in one of the villas on the golf course at Ocean Edge Resort in Brewster. Just know that you will be treated like a special guest from the moment you enter the property. Jillian B at the front desk was incredible in helping to find an itinerary that matched our preferences...from a great breakfast spot, to a park/beach walk, to a Cape festival! We were able to see and do everything and felt as if we had our own personal concierge. The room was a one bedroom walk-up that had a small kitchen and living room area. We also had a small deck to enjoy a glass of wine outside while getting ready to go out. While the property is large and can be intimidating, the staff was friendly and there are many on property walks and restaurants. We also had quick drives to quaint Chatham, the Wellfleet Oyster Festival, Hyannis, and Eastham Seashore. We are looking forward to an anniversary stay!

Room Tip: Specify when booking what your preferences are...beach, golf, family stay, etc.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Let me start with the positives. For some reason we were given the wheel-chair accessible room and for those who are interested, here's what the room offers. The room has plenty of space for a chair to maneuver. The bathroom is equipped with bars for the shower and toilet and has a shower chair. There is a bath tub in the room, not a roll in shower (all though there is plenty of space in this room to convert it to a roll in shower. There is at least one hanging bar in the closet that is low enough to be reached from a wheelchair. The downside of this particular room is that the entrance from the parking lot is right by the indoor pool and the lobby reeks of chlorine. It is also adjacent to the stairwell and the elevator lobby. The mansion itself is difficult at best for accessibility.

Personally, I had no trouble with the decor of our room. It was clean and in good condition.

We were guests of a group and I have no idea what our room in the west wing of the Mansions cost,so I can't make any comments on value for price, other than to comment that I don't understand why Holiday Inn and Motel 6 can offer free internet connections while the luxury hotels have to charge for it. I can comment however on the food and service at Ocean's Edge and I have to say that it was TERRIBLE. It was like the service staff had never worked in a restaurant before

I'll start with lunch in Bayzo's. We arrived just after the pub opened. There was only one other table of guests. While my easy-to-please husband was quite happy with his meal, a sandwich (and cold fries which he wasn't planning to eat anyway), my experience was quite the opposite. I ordered the onion soup and the mussels. The soup wasn't hot enough, barely steaming; it sat before it was delivered to our table. The mussels should have been fantastic but they arrived at the table cold. I sent them back. Instead of cooking a fresh batch, they just poured off the broth and re-heated it. The mussels were still cold even if the broth was steaming. How do I know that they just reheated the broth, because they weren't gone long enough to cook a fresh batch! We weren't the only ones in our group complaining of hot food arriving cold.

Our small group dinner in the Roscommon room, a very lovely room, was even more of a disaster. First of all, when whoever was making the plans for this meeting, they were shown a huge menu with multiple choices for dinner. When the group arrived, we were told that it was restaurant week and that only a prix fixe menu was available. If the organizer had know this in advance, he would have had time to arrange an alternate venue that offered enough choices for the group. There were three choices for appetizers, four main courses and three deserts--in other words, not even close to the four page menu that was the basis for choosing to eat at the hotel. Even worse, when we arrived, they announced a substitution for one of the items.

The lamb shank was wonderful. The tuna (should have been salmon with crabmeat stuffing) and the swordfish plates all arrived overcooked and cold. One person I saw had ordered the chicken dish; her plate was cleared practically untouched. I didn't get a chance to ask her what the problem was with her meal. One man ordered swordfish and they tried to give him the tuna. They had not cooked enough swordfish and had to go cook more. That was the only plate served hot. They couldn't keep straight who had ordered what and kept putting plates in front of the wrong people 9and then clearing them to put in front of someone else). They NEVER refilled the water glasses once we started our main courses, if they ever did at all. They rushed desert, like they were trying to get us out of there. We had barely finished the main course.

Breakfast was equally a service disaster. First, it is buffet with an omelet bar (the only good part of the whole buffet). There was not enough seating and there was not enough staff on duty to cover seating in two separate rooms. After getting our meals, getting coffee, jiuce and water was like pulling teeth. They weren't ready fro the number of people in the dining room. Instead of having pitchers of water in the room, servers were running back to the kitchen to bring filled water glasses --to tables that were already set with empty glasses waiting to be filled. I watched one woman at another table being served tea; the hot water arrived, no teabag. She waited 10 minutes and had to ask twice. And forget the price. It is buffet or nothing for breakfast. I paid $22 to eat half an omelet (that's all I wanted), four strips of bacon and a cup of coffee.

All the ladies could talk about over breakfast was how terrible the food and the service was.

Would I come back here? Probably not, Given all the choices on the Cape, I'll take some place that offers free internet and won't tick me off when things go wrong. The more I spend on a hotel room, the closer to perfection I expect and the less tolerance I have when things don't go right.

Room Tip: Don't let them put you in the wheelchair accessible room 101 unless you need it. It shares a wal...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Stayed in the Villages the last weekend of September, 2012. We were there for a Cape wedding that was not on property. The check-in process took 30 minutes. There was only 1 additional request made at check-in and I'm shocked that it took so long to get me the keys! The 1 bedroom suite furnishings were dated, although the kitchen and bathroom seemed somewhat updated. There was a musty, been closed up all season-long smell to the place that did not go away even though we ran the air conditioning all day to try to get rid of odor. The kitchen was well-stocked with pots, pans and dishes. There was a coffee-maker with coffee, but no tea! Additionally there was no dishwasher detergent, no dish detergent, and no laundry detergent. I phoned the housekeeping department and was told "we do not provide those amenities" quite rudely. We went to breakfast at 9:00 and there were no tables available in the room with windows. The receptionist was rude and said that if we didn't eat in the other room, we wouldn't get seated because they would close at 10am. The buffet looked delicious but wasn't. It was quite expensive and be forewarned, they charge the full buffet price even for a cup of coffee.
There was a murphy bed in the living room that could easily fall on a young child. The price of the suite was astronomical for what we received. I cannot reccommend Ocean Edge.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

This resort was recommended by friends who know the area when we were attending a wedding in Harwichport. My heart soared when we drove up to register; the place looked interesting and beautiful, with gorgeous water views. Little did we know that we did not have a room in the "mansion" but had to drive down the road and across the street to the Villages. The condo style one bedroom suite was clean and had a kitchenette. The bathroom was super small, though, and there was a strong musty odor throughout. The room had sliders out to a deck and a washer and dryer. We were on the second floor and it was relatively quiet, although it did seem like an early rising five year old elephant with lots of energy running laps in the condo above us. We were very disappointed, especially since we registered in such a lovely area. The resort should do a better job of explaining the totally different types of accommodations available so that patrons can be more cautious in choosing. We would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay in the mansion!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Villages at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club? Share your experiences!