“Wonderful little place in Braintree” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Spanish, Portuguese
Good for: Special occasions, Doing business, Romantic, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Marshfield, Massachusetts
“Wonderful little place in Braintree”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2011

Sintra is a small place in South Braintree square, but is huge in flavor and service. I have been here many times and have yet to have a less than stellar experience. The menu varies, there are specials and I love the wine list, which changes as well. I love to try new things and this is a great place to sample new foods/flavors. There are, of course, standbys that remain on the menu for those who prefer. I especially love the small portion plates: really half plates, so I can self limit!
There is usually a crowd, so I would recommend reservations.

• Visited April 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Boulder, Colorado
“Great dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2011

I visited from out of town. Dinner with a couple friends. Great food. I had a soft shell crab special. Fantastic. Good wine list.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Massachusetts
“overpriced and over hyped”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2011

did not quite live up to expectations - food was good, one appetizer we had was excellent, but i would say it was not worth the price. also, the restaurant was very smokey, my clothes and hair smelled when when we left and the smoke gave me a stuffy nose.

• Visited January 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Easton
“A huge disappointment.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2010

My husband and I have eaten here several times over the past four years. It was our date night restaurant before heading into Boston to see a play. At first, we were wild about this place and its food. The last three times over this last year have been a huge disappointment.

First off, we were seated near a window which was very drafty (huge front window with inadequate window treatments). We shared a greens and feta cheese salad which was very tasty. We asked for some pepper, which the waitress brought over in a pepper mill. No pepper came out, and the waitress just walked away before we could say anything and she didn't seem to notice. We both ordered a haddock dish with mashed potatoes and acorn squash. While the haddock was steaming hot and delicious, the accompanying vegetables were room temperature, and the mashed potatoes were bland (no seasoning at all). Again, we asked for pepper; hardly any came out and the waitress joked it must be a malfunctioning peppermill. She did not offer to get us more pepper.
Since we had spent too much already on a meal we could have eaten at home, we did not indulge in dessert.
Also, the background music was an oldies radio station with chatter and traffic reports-not at all conducive to a relaxing dinner out with your spouse.
We have not seen the owner behind the grill these past several disappointing visits and wonder if he has a hand in the day-to-day anymore.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
boston
“Overpriced, overrated, do not visit if you are not a regular, local customer”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2010

We did not have our coats off when the waitress asked if we would like a drink from the bar. I asked for a couple of minutes to look at the wine list. 5 minutes later, back again. She poured our wine and returned every 5 minutes for an order of appetizers, another glass of wine, questions about the menu. My friend had drunk about half of his wine when she asked if he wanted another glass and he said in a while. I told her we just wanted to relax a few minutes. She came back AGAIN and topped off his glass of wine and emptied the bottle she poured from, without asking again if he wanted more wine. Then, we got charged for a full glass of wine! The seafood sampler was mediocre and overpriced at $16. The meal was too large of a quantity and semi-cold, plopped onto the dish diner-style. The waitress presented the dishes on her arms and barked out, "Duck?" There were only the 2 of us! For $110, I think we'll opt to not go there again. This was our 3rd and last attempt.

• 2 of 5 stars Food