“I liked the atmosphere” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Joe's American Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 110 Restaurants in Braintree
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Located in the South Shore Plaza
massachusetts
“I liked the atmosphere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I am not crazy about going to restaurants in a mall, but this was spacious enough that it didnt really seem like it was part of the mall. The food was good, but I thought pricey. We had a burger that was delicious and we split the Nachos. They were smothered in melted cheese, kind of reminded me of velveeta, but was good. The drinks were 10.00 each. Again delicious, but at ten bucks a drink for a mall restaurant, I thought a bit outrageous. Service was just ok.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Montreal, Canada
“tasty food and good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

We were going to go to the Cheesecake Factory but saw this place next door and liked the menu offerings....we were not disappointed. The waitress was very friendly and helpful. The food was delicious! I had the meatloaf which is made from braised short ribs and has a BBQ type sauce on top...it was a large portion and delicious. The food was served promptly. The dessert was delicious.... a brownie baked in a little skillet with vanilla and coffee ice cream scoops, fudge sauce, and some whipped cream...terrific!

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Boca Raton, Florida
“good food, good service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We went to Joe's after leaving Cheesecake Factory which did not seat us within 30 minutes. We were seated immediately at Joe's. The waitress came to our table right away and we were eating within 15 minutes. Boy does that beat Cheesecake Factory!

We had burgers and they were grilled to perfection.

Overall, the service was perfect and the food was great.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Food okay, service slow”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I don't know if there was just a staff shortage that day but the waitress serving me was rushed off her feet and didn't serve me as quickly as I would have liked. If I wasn't very hungry and wasn't dining on my own, it probably wouldn't have bothered me. The food was nice. I had steak tips and mashed potatoes with mushroom gravy. Wasn't much gravy. The whole thing seemed a bit too dry but alas, maybe it's perfect by US standards and I'm a foreigner with different expectations.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Somewhere
“Great food every time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Great selection of American fare/pub grub. This time around we had Joe's burger, pasta and meatball, and chicken piccata. Never a complaint I bring friends here often. Great selection and service every time.

• Visited May 2013