“Spacious Suite, Helpful Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Braintree
Parsippany, New Jersey
“Spacious Suite, Helpful Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My sister and I stayed at this hotel for a family celebration. The rooms of the suite were large and offered plenty of space to move around in. The living room and bedroom were separated by a half high wall. The kitchen had an abundance of cabinet space, a decent prep space, and a small table. Note: they don't keep cooking tools in the suite. However, you can call the front desk and they will provide you with the equipment you need. I will certainly stay here again.

Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Braintree, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Michelle - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your spacious suite and had a pleasant stay with us.

Thank you again for your kind words. We hope that the next time you are in the area you give us the opportunity to provide you with another great stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Aldie, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We booked this hotel over the Thanksgiving holiday. We were traveling with our two grandchildren ages 4 and 2. We booked this place because we wanted we a kitchen for our stay. When we walked into the lobby, the floors were dirty and in need of a vacuum. We overlooked it because we arrive around 10:30pm to check in and figured it was the end of the evening and the cleaning service would get to it in the morning. So we checked in and went upstairs. The elevator was stink and nasty, but when we opened the door to the room, the smell was overwhelming. I could hardly breathe. I immediately sent my husband to the store to purchase candles and air freshener. I didn't want to unpack my bags. We had spent 12 hours on the road for a trip that was supposed to take 8 hours so we exhausted. The room smelled so bad, the chairs were dirty and the beds looked like they needed to be thrown out. I didn't want the boys to touch anything. While my husband was out buying candles, I was on the phone booking us a room at the Hyatt Place that was only 1 mile away. When my husband returned to the room, I told him that we were leaving. I couldn't spend one night in that place. It made me itch the moment I walked in the room. I didn't care about losing the first night room charge. They should use that money toward renovating the place.
Extended Stay America in Braintree is AWFUL! Don't Stay there. The Hyatt Place was $10.00 cheaper and a lot nicer. They just didn't have the kitchen.

Room Tip: Do NOT Stay! I don't have any other tips on other rooms.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Braintree, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for your review. The issues you described are unacceptable and I sincerely apologize for your experience. The fact that you felt your room was so dirty that you did not want to unpack or touch anything is very unsettling to me as this hotel’s manager and I can assure you that I have spoken with our housekeeping team to ensure your experience is not repeated.

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at bra@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2014 via mobile

I can't begin to tell you how filthy this place is. Every morning that I wake up, I step out of my room, look down and there's the same filth on the floor from the day before. The smell of this place will literally take your breath away. The walls are paper thin and it sounds like a herd of elephants are above me every night. I gave the service a 3 and that's b/c they really are nice folks but the cleaning staff really needs a wake up call. I come to Braintree regularly but I will not stay here again.

• Stayed October 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Braintree, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am sorry to hear about the cleanliness issues you experienced during your stay with us. I will be meeting with our housekeeping staff to review our cleaning standards and procedures to ensure this does not continue. As well, I apologize for the noise disturbances you encountered. Your comments will be useful as we continue to improve our guest experience. Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with a better stay in the future.
New York, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2014

Overall, clean and quiet wknd stay. Spacious room. Large bath. Complimentary coffee within designated morning hours of service. Excellent taxi service available to local SOUTH SHORE PLAZA and MTA STATION (10 minutes) We traveled w/o a car and never had a problem. Pristine kitchen with utensils accessible fro front desk. In light of the negative reviews, our experience was a terrific one. I wouldn't hesitate to return.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Braintree, responded to this review, October 14, 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with our hotel. The staff and I are proud to have provided you with with a spacious, clean room and a convenient stay overall. Thank you again for sharing your comments with us. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.
South Portland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2014

If you can walk around with blinders on this is the place to stay. I have stayed at ESA many times over the years and the service has gone downhill. The hired housekeeping staff needs to play closer attention to detail as many things are overlooked during the cleaning process. You may want to wait until you are ready to check out before you look under the bed and behind furniture, not a pretty site. It's also a shame that you have to ask for the kitchenware these days, really?? I sure hope the manager at the Braintree Boston location has a visit with his staff like he said he would. He sounds very sincere when he learns of a concern but it seems like there are ongoing problems with this ESA. Over rated and over priced for what you end up with.

Room Tip: Have the front desk worker (preferably the manager) go with you to check out the room before you acc...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Braintree, responded to this review, September 23, 2014
The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us. The cleanliness issues of the initial room you checked into is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. Please know that I am working diligently with my housekeeping staff to review our procedures so that such a situation does not happen again. As well, I am sorry that our new procedure with the kitchen items did not meet your expectations. We store our kitchenware in a sterile environment and deliver the items to our guest's room upon request. These items are free for all of our guests to use. Your feedback on this policy will be useful to us as we continually work to improve our hotel. Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at Bra@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
Dartmouth, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2014

I had to stay at this hotel because it was the only one close enough for a business meeting i had the next day. This place is in serious need of updating. The air conditioner in the room wouldnt stay on, the windows wouldnt open, no coffeepot in the room, the bed felt like it was topped with cardboard. Not to mention, the smoke alarm (no cover on unit) in the ceiling right above the bed was blinking on and off all night long.
The "free" breakfast was a laugh ... i guess it was better than nothing. If i have the choice next time, there is no way in hell i would stay here again.

Room Tip: Just dont book here - period
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Braintree, responded to this review, September 17, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am happy you found us to be a convenient business location; however, I sincerely apologize that our hotel did not fully meet your expectations. I am disappointed to read of the maintenance issues with your air conditioner, your window, and your smoke detector. I will be meeting with my maintenance staff to share your feedback so that we can repair these items. As well, I am sorry that you did not have a coffee pot in your room. We do offer coffee pots at the front desk upon request. I will work with my staff to ensure that all guests are informed of this policy upon check-in. I also regret to read that our grab-and-go breakfast was not to your liking. Your feedback will be useful to us as we continually work to improve our breakfast selection. We really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at bra@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014

This is just an average hotel, very distant far from City. Much better options are available in Boston and neighborhood, but don't know why This Overpriced extended stay is so famous (atleast among IT people visiting Boston for few months from India).
My experience was very similar to other reviewers, which was not welcoming from Hotel side. Some how, I reached this hotel around 1:00 AM and there was no one on front desk. I can see a Notice saying that Receptionist is helping someone and she will be back soon. I had to wait around 25-30 minutes which was too much after 20 hours of journey and 2-3 hours of other Port formalities.
Room has a small kitchen setup which is a relief for Indians.
Hotel is very overprices (once again I a saying this) and I paid almost 570$ for four days. This hotel is also very far from downtown and State area. You need to take a Bus (#238) to Quincy or Quincy Adams and then a Subway to State or downtown. This Hotel is almost situated on Highway and you can not even walk for 500 meters.
After my four days of stay, I can surely say that Extended Stay Braintree was very overpriced and not the best option for me and I could surely get better deal than this.
Choose wisely.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Braintree, responded to this review, September 9, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am very pleased to hear that you found the kitchen in your room a relief for your stay. I am very sorry that you feel you didn’t get what you paid for and that you found us overpriced. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. I would be happy to speak with you further to see what we could have done different to make your stay with us better. If you would like, please contact me directly, at bra2@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Been to Extended Stay America - Boston - Braintree? Share your experiences!