“Excellent desk service” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Bourne
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Excellent desk service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

- Good location, just off the Bourne Bridge.

- Nice bed, as wide as a sedan

- Smelly pillows, it was fairly obvious that they just fluffed them up after the previous guest, they might want to consider washing the pillows here and there.

- No elevator

- The wifi seems to be very hit-or-miss. Also, in order to print my plane tickets, I had to stand behind the desk and use the virus-ridden front desk computer.

- There is a tavern attached to the building, so you can have supper, down some firewater, and then stumble back to your room without having to go outside. Over the course of the week I was there, they had Bingo, Trivia, an Irish singer, and a talent-less man with a guitar on Fridays.

- The breakfast was OK, although I got the sense that they just left the apples out all week without putting them in the fridge after the breakfast was served. They also seemed to be re-heating the sausage patties, individual ones which began to look familiar to me after a couple of days.

- The waffle iron used on the breakfast looks like a lawsuit waiting to happen.

- They have metal tongs next to the toaster, inviting an electrocution.

- They have 5 tables in their breakfast room, while having over 30-40 rooms and 50-100 guests.

- There is a rust stain on the bottom of the pool that makes it appear at first glance that someone "dropped a Baby Ruth" in it. The pool was warm, I was told they had just redone the heater. The hot tub was also well appreciated.

- The desk attendant, a large and very intimidating white guy, was actually quite helpful. At different times, he helped plan my day-tripping, got us reservations at an excellent restaurant in Hyannis (not much to do in Bourne, it's a small town), directed me to a local baseball game, sent my wife and kids to a Marine Rescue Center (the kids loved the seals!), patiently taught us how to eat lobster without shaming ourselves when we went to the seafood restaurant that he recommended to (fish cooked straight off the boat is the best, I have since discovered), carried in my luggage, and even checked the Quebecois couple in front of me in line into the hotel in flawless French. He was very, very good at his job, I wish I remembered his name to give him credit here.

- Unfortunately, he was only in the building for a shortened afternoon rush shift. The rest of the desk staff seems to be from India or Iran, and speak English in either a lisp or, in the case of the woman there during the days, as a sort of staccato yipping. Whenever I had to go to the desk when one of them was there, I always saw someone shouting at them.

- The bartender told me that the hotel 50 yards across the street had recently had a heroin-dealer murder where the man was chased into the streets and gut-shot. My wife made the white guy at the desk walk her to and from the car when she went out at night.

- To get to the hotel, you have to drive through this death-or-glory series of rotaries. I have no idea how to drive in one of those, and they may be unique to New England. "Hold the wheel tightly in both hands, stomp on the gas, and just assert yourself" is how the desk clerk told me I should drive in rotaries.

- I may be wrong, but Cape Cod, which is the size of Delaware, has two roads that lead onto and off of it. Both of them feed into a pair of giant, Great Depression bridges. The bartender, the desk clerk, and any locals I asked all told me to not even try to enter the Cape on a Friday afternoon, or leave it on a Sunday afternoon. I was caught in a 10 mile backup when I tried to go back to the hotel from Chatham on a Saturday night.

- People from Massachusetts drive like maniacs. I even had a priest give me the middle finger once when I didn't enter one of those roundabout rotaries quickly enough. The New Yorkers are even worse.

- This isn't the hotel's fault, but the Massachusetts coast seems to be patrolled by a series of 15 foot Great White Sharks, who are drawn there by the seals. You'd see a different one on the news every night.

Room Tip: ask for a room on the bridge side, otherwise, you'e staring at a laundromat all day
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

We were here for the Cape Cod Getaway MS 150 ride needing a place to relax. We needed some cold AC and good bed. They had rooms when no one else did and that was the key!

Inspired: nothing

Service: front desk clerk was very nice

Value: expensive for what we had but we knew that

Room: large with a great bed and the AC was ice cold

Location: perfect for us

Return: no

Discovered: via the MS 150 folks

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Somerville, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

The quality of service is not good at this hotel.
Don't ever stay here. I am appalled by this place. I had reservations scheduled 2 nights ck in fri. Stayed for MMMA. Graduation.
Feces in the pool area. No elevator. Bathroom toliet over flowed. Walked in the room had Mold smell. Not clean. Water Stained ceiling. Couldn't be relaxed and didn't feel safe. The slider didn't lock. Deck had lemons and potatoe on the patio. The parking lot side door was not locked. Very unprofessional I asked if maintence was on duty. No they don't work on weekends. Had to check out the following morning will never go back. I don't know how this place is still in business. I give this place a zero rating.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Hudson, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

We had a wedding to go to at the country club a short distance from this hotel. Some accomodations were very good such as the Tavern with food being next door, the beds were comfortable and the room was clean. Unfortunately there seemed to be quite a bit of maintenance going on. The 2nd floor room above the breakfast area was being worked on and quite a bit of noise was very obvious. We had problems in 2 rooms with part of the bath accessory falling apart and also a shower head in one of the rooms.In a room on the first floor at one point water dripped from a ceiling light. We had several children with our group and was told there was a pool and jacuzzi, when we arrived we were told it was closed but later was told it was closed because of health reasons. Steve, the clerk who signed us in was very accomodating and very friendly.The groom who chose the hotel was told if we booked 10 rooms we would get 10% off,we were told 30 rooms had to be booked. Since we did not book 10 rooms,we tried to use our Triple AAA card but was told since they gave us 10% off for the pool we could not use it.I felt that was not accomodating and the Triple AAA card should have been used.When we booked we asked for two beds and was told there was only a King available,when we got there and some of our party checked in without reservations they were given rooms with 2 beds.The hotel is old and a lot of maintenance seems to be going on. The price is average but could be much less for what was available with this hotel. We probably would not stay there again.

Room Tip: Very hard to say which rooms were good, seems as if the hotel needs some updating.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
New Hartford, Ct
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

We needed a place to stay prior to an early morning ferry to Martha's Vineyard. We had previously stayed at a nearby competitor hotel and were less than satisfied. The Quality Inn was clean, comfortable, staff was very friendly, and it was nice to relax and have a drink in The Tavern after a long drive that evening. Bed and pillows were very comfortable, nice air conditioning that didn't blow right on you, nice hot shower with decent water pressure. Continental breakfast the following morning was very nice with great coffee! We will definitely stay here again when we need a room in this area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

I spent one night here with the my son and a friend. While the motel isn't new, it is clean. Our room was spacious and very tidy, the beds were comfortable and they were able to provide us with a cot. You can hear the Bourne bridge traffic since you are located almost on the roundabout but with the windows closed, the noise didn't bother us. The motel has an indoor pool and hot tub (all of which were very clean) and provides a complimentary breakfast that has an extensive spread including a waffle iron and fresh fruit. They do a good job for a 1970s motel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
West Yarmouth, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

friendly staff and efficient front desk staff(especially overnight on Thursday and Friday when I made reservation and then checked in); very friendly housekeeping staff and breakfast attendant.

The bed was the most comfortable bed ever! Very clean hotel (especially the bathroom).

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bourne
Comfort Inn Cape Cod
Sandwich Lodge & Resort
Sandwich Lodge & Resort
#4 of 6 in Sandwich
3.0 of 5 stars 174 reviews

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!