“Great spot for a nice lunch” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Boston
“Great spot for a nice lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I was there for a business lunch and the food was excellent. The menu was interesting and different and the atmosphere very nice. I would recommend it without hesitation.

Visited January 2013

63% Recommend
Boston, Massachusetts
“Lovely rustic farmhouse, great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Had a great time going to the wine tasting and dinner at J's. The restaurant is in a lovely old farmhouse that still looks just like a home; the ten of us sat at a long table in a room that might have been a bedroom once. The service and food was great. I had Arctic char and a crab cake on a bed of risotto. Wine is paired with each dish, if you want it, and mine was their strawberry/rhubarb semi-sweet. The wine-tasting experience was fun beforehand, too: you pay $5 and get a nice goblet (that you take home) and small tastes of 5 different wines--so you can decide what to order for dinner later. There's also a gift shop that sells wine and wine "accessories" as well as nice cheese boards, etc. The only slight negative was that the dirt parking lot was a bit muddy, as it was snowing--although that made it more picturesque, especially with the vine-laced little white lights strung outside and in. A great place for a romantic evening, but was fine for our group too.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
MA
“Filling gourmet style brunch, delicious fruity wines”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We keep coming back to J's for Sunday brunch. The food is always so fresh, and everytime we go there is something new. The variety is amazing, as is the taste - delicious!!! I am also a huge fan of the Nashoba Valley wines, so I always get a glass with my meal. It's great for my bf too because it's buffet style and you can go up as much as you'd like. The atmosphere is cozy, and the staff friendly. The only thing is the price is a bit high - about $40-$50 per person once you add a drink or two. But for a special occasion, or to fill your brunch craving, this is the place to go!!!

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Boylston, Massachusetts
“Wonderful ambience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have never been disappointed with the food at J's. Definitely a special experience for either lunch or dinner.

Visited October 2012
Framingham, Massachusetts
“Great dining experience.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

My wife took me here for my birthday on the recommendation of a co-worker, and it was just delightful. We got the Prix Fixe for $35, which proved to be a great value for three courses. I started my meal with a butternut squash soup, which was beautifully presented, although it could have been a little hotter. We both had swordfish, done perfectly and topped with what seemed to be very fine, crispy onion ringlets, and a side of delicious rice. For dessert, I got a chocolate caramel torte, which was exceptional. They knew it was my birthday so they presented it on a plate with the words "Happy Birthday" written in large, thin script in chocolate sauce. Our server was exceptional. The setting was rural, quaint and reminiscent of old New England. Their home grown wines were okay, but nothing special. Overall, it was a wonderful dining experience.

• Visited October 2012