“Best Hotel Experience in a long time!!!” 5 of 5 stars

2X Points
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Billerica
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Waltham, Massachusetts
“Best Hotel Experience in a long time!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

The hotel is a bit hard to find but it is worth looking for! I walked in, it was very late but a nice young lady with a bid smile greeted me at the front desk. she was extremely polite and very helpful. once the paperwork was done she pointed me to my room, when i got to my room i was extremely pleased to see the room! I have stayed in hotels many times so i know to check the kitchen, batchroom and the bed to make sure it is clean, so i did. i found an immaculate room in every place i looked. for the price i feel like i got multiple times my moneys worth! The pool is great! and the best part of it all is how nice the people are that work there. i was fortunate enough to interract with the front desk and some of the house keepers and i couldnt believe how nice they were, I am kicking myself for not getting their names but none the less my experience was great!
I highly recomend it for everyone! My new first choice for any of my travels

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Kerrie S, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston - Billerica, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments about us on Tripadvisor.com. We appreciate your feedback. My staff and I are very happy to know that you have enjoyed your stay.
We are looking forward to seeing you again soon..

Arzu LeBlanc

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Wardsboro
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Second stay with our family. Very clean, large rooms, comfortable beds, great breakfast. Staff was so friendly and I love that they have plenty of staff around to help for breakfast. Kids loved the pool and you get it all for a great price. Only complaint is hard to find! Thanks!!

• Stayed December 2012
Dear Valued guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write comments on tripadvisor.com. As you mentioned, it is not easy to get to the hotel. To make it easier for our guests, we send out an email to each of our arriving guests with the clear instructions on how to get to our hotel. Our Front desk agents are more than happy to give directions as well when our guests call.

We are so glad that you have enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon.

Piscataway, New Jersey, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

My second stay in Homewood Suites.

Choice and selection: I was on for a 9 day road trip from NJ to Boston, Maine, New Hampshire and back. Homewood suites was my first choice and preference - I had an amazing experience in Toronto in Homewood Suites, Markham, Toronoto and without any thought I called them up and got it booked. Piece of mind to start the journey.

Hotel room and amenities : Same standard homewood property, similar design and amenities. Very nice and comfortable room, king size bed with kind of bed that suits our sleeping preference. LCD TVs in both bed room and living area. Kitchen is small but good enough for two with a toddler. Microwave, dishwasher, dining table, sofa, working area very smartly designed.

Location : A little outside Boston downtown, not with a view, but very conveniently located, 5 mins drive to nearest grocery stores and gas stations.

Standard full platter breakfast to start the day. Hotel also provide complimentary light dinner between Monday - Thursday, which takes away the dinner worries from business travelers.

Service : Not to mention, very very good service and smiling staffs all over around. I had a change in my travel plan which the front office accommodated in a minute.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this very detailed feedback. I am glad to know that you have enjoyed your stay.
We hope to see you again soon.

California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I hadn't been in this are for several years. The streets are torn up, closed, and the restaurant was hard to find. The staff were welcoming and efficient. They upgraded me to a 2 bedroom suite, far more than I needed. I had a long night of 'home work' with my laptop, so went downstairs to get some tea. I found a perfectly serviceable meal waiting for me: chicken, rice, and green beans. Nothing great, but it saved me the time of going out. Breakfast was adequate buffet fare, nothing great. They could use some decent teas. Room was large, clean, and comfortable. I was able to take my food to my room and work.

Room Tip: stay away from the pool and lobby
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback. I would like to let you know that we do have different types of tea that we provide to our guest at our complimentary coffee station now. I also would like to let you know that the construction on Middlesex Turnpike is now completed and it is open to 2 way traffic.
Again, thank you very much for your comments.
We are looking forward to seeing you again in the future,

Bucks County, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

This Homewood Suites was typical of others in which we have stayed. It was very clean and well maintained. The breakfast was not particularly good however and it was very very hard to find. When we were there, construction on the adjoining road made the entrance into the hotel very difficult to find. The signage at the entrance to the hotel is also very poor, further making it hard to locate. Outside of getting there, we were satisfied with the accommodations. However, if you are booking here, make sure you get explicit directions from the front desk before you go.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a comment on Tripadvisor.com. We appreciate yourfeedback. As you have mentioned, it is not easy to locate our hotel if it is your first time here.
We are working on improving the signage and we also send emails to our arriving guest with clear directions on how to get to our hotel. Our front desk team is also more than happy to give you directions on the phone.

Again, Thank you for your feddback. We hope to see you agian soon.

Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I came with my girlfriend for a career forum and decided to stay at this Homewood Suites for three nights. As the other reviewers have mentioned, the hotel was difficult to find due to the heavy construction on the Turnpike so a GPS may not help you. The lady at the front desk was helpful in getting us there.

The suite size is huge in terms of square footage. As college students, we needed a kitchenette to make cheap meals (which, if you're curious, was pasta for four meals straight) and the hotel was gracious enough to provide all sorts of silverware, utensils, plates, pots, pans, and a cutting board for us. The kitchenette also has a toaster, microwave, coffee maker, fridge, and freezer. There is really nothing else you could ask for.

The bathroom was very clean and the hotel provided name brand shampoo (Neutrogena excites me) and other standard amenities. The shower head was powerful (I hate weak shower heads).

The bedroom had a flat screen TV with about 40 channels and I loved the double doors connecting the bedroom and the living room. The living room itself also had a massive flat screen TV and plenty of furniture to lounge on. There are two desks in the suite, giving me plenty of room to study while my girlfriend was out interviewing.

I heard no noise from any of the other adjacent residents and the hotel is situated in safe wooded area (a pleasant respite from the incessant honking of Bostonian drivers).

The overall vibe of the suite was very pleasant and conducive to both studying and relaxing. Obviously whoever designed the room is some kind of boss at interior design since the color tones matched perfectly and there were plenty of nifty looking mirrors and ornaments/pictures hanging from the walls.

The breakfast area is very classy with dark wooden tables, fireplace, and yet another massive flat screen TV. The entire breakfast staff was very attentive, quick, and polite to all the customers, particularly the slightly hunch-backed bespectacled gentleman whose name I did not catch.

The rate is extremely reasonable considering you're paying for a suite with a kitchen and breakfast is included. Dinner is also included on Sundays to Thursdays but we didn't stay during those days to enjoy the meal. I didn't swim in the pool but I was pleased with the array of dumbbells provided in the fitness center. As a man who likes to bench, I was pleased with the availability of an adjustable bench. An executive center is provided with free printing, yet another perk that I was impressed with.

Almost every hotel nowadays claim that they have "in-room high-speed internet access". About 50% of the time, this claim is blatantly false. However, with the Homewood Suites, internet was nearly as fast as the internet provided on my college campus although it naturally slowed down during the mornings and late evenings when most residents were using it.

I must also compliment the maid who cleaned my room throughout the weekend. She noticed that the sink's garbage disposal was broken, informed me that it would get fixed and sure enough, within two hours, a maintenance man knocked on my door and fixed it within 45 seconds.

Conclusion: This hotel is a hidden gem (literally because it's hidden behind the Hampton Inn that's located off of the Turnpike) and I would recommend it to business and leisure travelers. The price during my stay averaged about $115 per night with taxes and it's worth it with all the benefits that the hotel provides.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your detailed commets .It is very nice to know that you have enjoyed your stay.

We hope to see you again soon.

Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Came at 8pm and left next morning at 7am so could not use exercise room, pool, etc. so cannot comment on those
Pros:
1. Clean, comfortable, well maintained
2. Called a day ahead for room quiet room on top floor; got complimentary upgrade from studio to 1-bedroom suite
3. Reasonable breakfast & enough food to make for dinner in pinch
4. free executive center with 2 internet PCs & standard office supplies
5. Staff was OK; nothing especially positive or negative
Cons
1. Bed a little too soft for my liking
2. In this day and age, how can any hotel still have smoking rooms [though mine fortunately was not]

Room Tip: Top floor is quieter
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston - Billerica? Share your experiences!