“Good Stop, Good Service” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 49 Restaurants in Billerica
Cuisines: Italian, American
Billerica, Massachusetts
“Good Stop, Good Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I've ordered from all areas, except pizza, of the menu board which has a large selection in all of their categories . The sandwiches, pasta dishes, wraps and fried foods have all been good with the fried being a nice light golden tone. I just had a haddock basket in Essex that was the same size and Liberty Bell's is better, Essex cost $4 more. The staff are all friendly and service is quick. I'll agree with a prior review that lettuce on an Italian cold cuts is a mistake but it is one that is also made at some sub shops. Their subs and meal portions are generous for the price. They are popular with a wide variety of customers including seniors, business, families, construction and school age.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Billerica, Massachusetts
“Run...dont walk”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Run....I mean away!, not too! I gave this place four tries and it failed in all except at their grand opening when I got the roast beef. Being in construction and working all over the Boston area I know a good place after the first time in. This place fooled me! first sandwich other than the RB...Whenever you see shredded lettuce, that's a tell tail sign of laziness! Thats what I got on my Lg Italian along with red onion (not white???)...A whole 2 rings on one side of the sandwich??? really?? and no seasonings? No oregano? No oil and vinegar?? This is just one example. I will NEVER go back!

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Dallas, Texas
“Choose Haddock Over Lobster”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

For the stranger wandering off the highway in search of a bite to eat in Billerica, just finding the old town center is a challenge, as there is no signage once you exit. Once there, the town center didn't seem to offer many choices. The Liberty Bell has little...well let's be honest - NO ambiance...but it's all about the food. The wall-mounted menu over the walk-up counter offers enough choices to allow one to try something different every day for a month. We had just landed from Texas, and I had to have a lobster roll. My bride ordered a haddock sandwich with a cup of New England clam chowder. The haddock was delicious - delicately fried and seasoned, and the chowder couldn't have been tastier. The lobster roll, on the other hand, while generously endowed with lobster meat, was disappointing flavorless - certainly not one would hope for for $16.95. The accompanying fries were good enough to keep someone who tries to avoid fries dipping back into the basket for more.
The place seems to be a popular after-school hangout; after we arrived, it filled up with high-schoolers - but good kids, not at all rowdy. I would go back here in a heartbeat to try some of the other offerings - especially now that I've read other reviewers raving about the roast beast.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Massachusetts
“Usually Better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Located in Billerica Center.
Ample parking in the rear w/a rear entrance for convenience.

Sit down service is available and the big screen TV's are usually tuned to a game or to ESPN.

I've eaten at this Liberty Bell several times ( at least 6 other).
I always order the same; Super Beef plain, fries, clam chowder.
What I love about the roast beef is it is *usually* rare, juicy and full of flavor which is why I order it plain so as not to cover up its natural taste.

This trip, as I always do, I asked if the Roast Beef was rare and I got the same answer as in the past--yes. However, it came out well done and tasted dry and not a lot of meat. Looked like a Big Beef!

The clam chowder, while always tasty, is never hot--not one single time! At best luke-warm. This trip was no exception. I guess that met expectations.
The fries were good as always, but the medium was more like the small usually is--not much there.

On a positive note, the girls at the register are friendly as are the food runners.

Overall, this was a disappointment, but because I have had so many good experiences, I gave an average rating. I will try Liberty Bell again, and do a follow up review.

www.libertybellbillerica.com

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Billerica, Massachusetts, United States
“Best fast food in Billerica”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This place is fast and excellent quality food that is made fresh.
Not frozen and heated.
The soup's are homemade, and the pizza is great too.

Visited November 2012