“134 is a Wrong Number” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Billerica
Saint Louis, Missouri
“134 is a Wrong Number”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

To verify other reviewer's comments: rooms are larger than average; road construction makes to/from more difficult/take longer; newer property yet to show typical wear and tear.

Background: I ALWAYS request a high floor on my reservation and have that as part of my profile. That is my preference because I am sensitive to noise and a light sleeper.

Checked in late this week and was told I got the last room (I had a reservation) ... Room 134 on the ground level ... next to the workout room. Late at night and early in the morning I heard the door to the workout room slam closed as people went in and out. This hotel is evidently framed construction and I could hear every footstep above me, plumbing fixture usage around me and bodily function of my neighbors. There was a cockroach in the bathroom. HVAC units had no wall mounted thermostat (only red/blue on unit).

Room Tip: Stay away all but the top floor.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
BHines57, General Manager at Hampton Inn Bedford - Burlington, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn Bedford-Burlington for your travels. I appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback regarding your stay. I am sorry that you were not happy with your stay and recognize that there are times when our guests may be annoyed by the loud noises of their neighbors. As you may notice from the other reviews most of our guests are truly happy with their stay and our team is always looking to provide our guests with the best customer service and the cleanest rooms that we can. If you are planning on returning to the Bedford/Burlington area, I hope you will give us another chance to provide you with an enjoyable stay. Thank you again for your feedback and for your business.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Almere, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Well it took us an hour to find the hotel. I knew there was construction and I even knew that there was a different address if you use a GPS when I made the reservation. But I totally forgot about it and didn't write it down. So in the end we experienced the same delay as so many other reviewers had. I totally blame this on myself though. We were so close: We actually went to the Doubletree across the street to ask for directions, I felt so stupid when she said that it was just across the street. The signage outside wasn't your typical Hampton Inn sign so maybe my mind ignored it when we drove by.

Anyway, when we finally arrived we were greeted by friendly front desk staff and our large spacious room was ready for us. Everything was clean and it looked like a fairly new hotel. Everyone was really friendly.

The complimentary breakfast was really good too and the breakfast staff were also helpful. We usually get breakfast fairly late. Most of the times this means that almost everything is gone, however in this hotel that was not the case. Everything was quickly restocked and when the official breakfast end time was over the breakfast staff came to every table to ask if they needed anything else because they're going to clean up. Nice touch! Wish every hotel would do that!

Also compliments to the front desk staff. Very helpful & polite and let us feel welcome. I had a package sent to the hotel but unfortunately it arrived after we had checked out. They went out of their way to deliver it to my home address. Thanks again!

We chose the hotel because it's close enough to Boston to drive. It takes about 20-30 minutes depending on where you want to go. We parked in the city, some parking garages can be cheap on the weekends (Try Boston Common garage for instance, just $12).

So in all everything was perfect. The only thing I don't understand is why they have an outside pool. It was closed for the season when we visited (September).

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing our Hampton Inn for your recent stay in Bedford. As you can imagine I hope the road construction will end soon; but, it is out of our control. We have added signage outside the hotel and instructions on our web site to help our guests find us. I can see that once you arrived you were pleased with the services provided by our staff. I can say without a doubt the staff enjoyed reading your compliments on their guest service especially the breakfast attendants. As the GM, I appreciate your taking the time to provide feedback regarding the experiences you had at the hotel. I believe our team always tries to provide our guests with the best customer service and the cleanest rooms we can. Your right about the pool, if we had it to do over again, we would have enclosed it. Hopefully you will come back during the summer and enjoy it then. Thank you again for your feedback and for your business.
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

This property appears to be a newer property. It is a very attractive property both inside and out. What impressed me most was the size of the rooms. We had a room with two queen sized beds, plus a coach, and a writing desk. Lots of room. Nice large bath as well.
The property is in a quite setting, well off the nearest street in a wooded area. Very quiet.

Room Tip: For whatever reason this property charges more than the normal Hampton would for their rooms.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
BHines57, General Manager at Hampton Inn Bedford - Burlington, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn Bedford-Burlington for your travels. I appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback regarding your stay with us and glad to see that you enjoyed your stay. Our rooms are a bit larger than the average Hampton as the hotel was built with sitting areas in each of the rooms equipped with a sofa bed and coffee table etc. Please come back and stay with us again and thank you for the positive review.
Morgantown PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We have stayed at numerous area properties and consider this the best value. It is a slightly better than average Hampton, with a price that makes it best, especially the online "pay in advance" AAA rate.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thanks for choosing the Hampton Inn for your stay in Bedford and for your positive comments regarding our value. Our hotel rooms are larger than most Hampton Inns and we also have sleep sofas in most all of our rooms. When you add in our free breakfast it makes a terrific value for a family trip. Please join us again on your next trip to the area. Thank you again for your feedback and for your business.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Our third straight year at the Hampton inn and still as good as ever. As others have mentioned on here finding it is a little bit of an issue at the minute with the roadworks but if you call the front desk the instructions given on how to find it are quick and easy.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Wow three years in a row! You are certainly a loyal and appreciated customer. At least next year you won’t have to face the construction as it will certainly be finished. I appreciate your understanding and dealing with the detour. We have given detailed instructions to all the front desk staff on how to navigate around the detours etc. and since most of them are from the area they can be very helpful in getting you here. Our team constantly strives to provide our guests with the best customer service and the cleanest rooms that we can. Thank you again for your feedback and for your business.
NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Stay here for two nights. Everything was great. Staff was very friendly. Rooms were clean. Outside road work made getting to the hotel a little challenging (road was made into a one-way) but it was a very nice stay overall. Included breakfast was very good - lots of variety, and was always fully stocked. Would definitely stay here again. Just call when your almost there to get modified directions due to road construction. Staff was very helpful in this regard.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thanks for choosing the Hampton Inn Bedford-Burlington for your travels. I appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback regarding your stay with us and glad to see that you enjoyed your stay. As you say it is a little challenging getting here; but, everyone does seem to arrive and our front desk staff is ready willing and able to give you instructions. Our team constantly strives to provide our guests with the best customer service and the cleanest rooms that we can along with a hearty breakfast. I hope that if you are in the area again you will stay with us. Thank you for your feedback and for your business.
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

Had to stay here because the DoubleTree and Homewood Suites next door were both booked. I know what to expect with Hampton Inn's and was definitely happy with a very clean room, attentive staff, and a great location for where I was working.

The only gripe I had with my stay (stayed for 4 nights) was the maids did not ever replace my soaps or shampoos! I literally had nothing left in the soaps which were left on the sink and/or shower and they didn't replace them. Multiple times I had to go down at night to get replacements. It may seem like a minor gripe but it just seemed like laziness and having to go down and get new soaps is not something I want to worry about during a stressful work week.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn Bedford-Burlington for your travels. I appreciate you taking the time to tell me about your time with us and glad to see that in general you enjoyed your stay. I have spoken with the staff regarding the replacement of soap and shampoo. Typically we tend to replace these items when they are about half full; but in your case we obviously missed the boat and I apologize for that. Our team does strive to provide our guests with the best customer service and the cleanest rooms that we can. Please feel free to contact me if you are planning on returning to the Bedford/Burlington area and hopefully you will give us a second chance to improve upon your experience with us.

Been to Hampton Inn Bedford - Burlington? Share your experiences!