“Amazing!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Organic Garden Cafe

Organic Garden Cafe
294 Cabot Street, Beverly, MA 01915 (Formerly The Organic Garden Cafe_)
9789220004
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 117 restaurants in Beverly
Cuisines: Vegan, Vegetarian
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Our warm & healing space is an oasis that offers a truly enlightening & enlivening dining experience, here flavors & life force energy explode on the palate to both satisfy & energize the body & spirit.Since 1999, our vegetarian organic restaurant & juice bar has specialized in gourmet enzyme-rich rawfood, vegan & gluten-free cuisine. Our Fusion Menu which includes innovatively heated choices, brown rice, black beans, butternut squash & quinoa, hot soups, vegan pizza, amazing desserts & hand-made chocolates, inspires curious foodies, transitioning vegetarians & hardcore raw vegans alike.
Boston, Massachusetts
“Amazing!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

So I tried this place on a whim looking for a healthy dinner before the Celtics game. Completely blown away. Fresh, flavorful and unbelievable. For starters we got the guacamole and chips. Out comes this beautiful plate of fresh tasty guacamole and veggie and flax chips that was baked and beyond good. For Dinner I got a Falafel wrap that was to die for. I only got a half but wish I got the whole thing because I would loved to have had leftovers for tomorrow. And my favorite part of all was the fact they had amazing organic desserts. After standing at the counter mouth watering for what seemed to be forever I finally choose Kims Organic Carrot Cake. Unreal! Dense, full of rich flavor with a sweet frosting that even cream cheese fans could love. This is hands down my new favorite spot. Raw and Veggie = Fantastic. I highly recommend this place!!!

93% Recommend
Needham
“Loved the Thai Bowl!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Had visited here years ago and just made my second trip. This was the best lunch I have had in a very long time. So many fresh vegetables, a little bit of a seeded burger, quinoa, a wonderful lemon tahini dressing. I liked it so much that I got an order to go so I could share it at home. This is how food should taste.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Best vegetarian food around!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

This little restaurant in downtown Beverly is not to be missed. They work wonders with vegetarian food. I had the "Lovely Lasagna" special and I don't want to back to meat again!

Clifton, Virginia, United States
“Wonderful raw vegan food at Organic Garden Cafe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Very tasty raw food. If you didn't think you'd like raw, give Organic Garden Café a chance and you'll change your mind...I did. Great gourmet desserts too! Squash ravioli that is stuffed beet shavings is extremely tasty and decadent. Definitely worth the trip!

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lynnfield, Massachusetts
“Raw foods can be tricky”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I ate raw in gourmet form. So much gourmet and not enough real raw, I.e. salad, veggies, fruit. I ordered the followinq...quesadilla with the dehydrated tortilla of a nut based filling and/or guacamole and two sauces, one tomato and the other, another cashew. This was for $10 and a relatively delightful taste, closer to what we imagine when we think quesadilla. I also got the lemon, honey, ginger tea in one of those oversized cups that makes one want to stay a while, $3.

I was with a meetup group whose members offered tastes of their meals so I got a chance to try the pizza, the beet ravioli and the reuben sandwich with onion bread. The beet ravioli was the best. But all these were duplications of the cooked world. Strangely enough, I had no interest in trying the salads but noticed most of the other patrons wolfing down salads. One gets exceptionally full on gourmet, copycat cooked foods made into raw as they are filled with nuts and seeds. It's fun to taste if they can get closer and closer to the real cooked food.

My dessert was a lemon tart which had a great nut and coconut crust. It was also pretty, but petite. Most gourmet items can be expensive. The beet ravioli and the reuben sandwich were $17 each, but the ingredients are expensive and the labor is much more in gourmet raw than in cooked foods.

They also had some vegan desserts. I had their coffee and a vegan chocolate chip cookie which was hard as a rock but was good, along with the coffee.

My check came to $29 without the tip. But for me, that is cheap when eating raw. I do like to taste everything offered, even if I have to pay for it. But I got full, as mentioned. If I ate merely a salad, I would have had to have eaten more.

The atmosphere is good there and the owner, Rawbert (Robert), came out to greet us and had free appetizers for our meetup group of kale chips and guacamole and crackers, all extremely yummy. It's always a pleasure to try everything here.

• Visited August 2013