“Clean, homey, convenient” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Beverly Garden Suites

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Beverly
Beverly Garden Suites
You added Beverly Garden Suites to your Saves list
5 Lakeview Ave., Beverly, MA 01915   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Beverly
Nashville, Tennessee
“Clean, homey, convenient”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

This little hotel isn't the newest, but it's comfortable, clean, affordable, and the nice couple who manages it live onsite. Lots of great stuff within walking distance -- a railroad station that takes you into Boston or Salem, grocery store, lots of great restaurants, etc. I really enjoyed it here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Beverly, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I've never been there, but I've lived in the area all my life. I've always thought "What a nice place that would be to stay." It looks impeccable from the outside, with beautiful rose bushes aligning a white picket fence. It is right down the street from the train depot, which saves you parking fees. There are many food establishments within walking distance, including sandwich shops, a diner, pizza, and a restaurant. There is a grocery store diagonally across the street. If you travel just 5-7 miles you will come across the Liberty Tree Mall in Danvers, and the Northshore Mall in Peabody.
Let me tell you, I have NEVER MET the owners, but I can tell you as a retired local police officer, that it is located in a safe neighborhood.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

We stayed here for just one night, looking for a base for Salem/Gloucester.

We chose a 'subterranean' room as it was a little cheaper (not a cheap stay) and, once fully lit, it was fine. Clean, roomy and comfortable with a kitchenette and small table (2 chairs). Fairly modest and you could easily stay for more than one night.

Free Wifi and good TV reception.

Choices for breakfast were poor (muffin or sausage/egg roll).

Biggest downside for us was the location - just off a very busy main road. There are though a number of restaurants and a Stop n Shop within walking distance.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Bellingham, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

We stayed here Sept 9-12, 2012.The suite my son & I had was very comfortable and roomy. It doesn't look like much from the outside, since it's like a motel 6-type look, and in a quiet neighborhood. But it sure was comfy, spacious in the living area, and well laid-out inside. This room had a VERY nice & comfortable couch/ sofabed, and ergonomic sitting chair in the living room. The bathroom could have used some work on it--a bit old looking, some rust from the shower wall handle, but otherwise clean. I like their breakfast idea--they give you a list of items available, you turn it in, and they deliver it to you in a plastice container the day/ night before (if you're not there they'll put it in your room's full-size fridge). It's not a huge breakfast: it's all refrigeratable or freezeable items (juice, fruit cup, etc) & things that you can microwave easily. They have added a frozen Jimmy Dean sausage& egg biscuit to their menu, which was a nice touch for my son.This way you can eat it at your convenience, and not be stuck to a certain breakfast time. It's not a lot of food, but it's enough for a good start. There's a very nice diner across the street that serves very good food at reasonable prices--Depot Diner. There's a grocery store and shopping area not far down the street (short driving distance). Nick's Famous Roast Beef is walking distance, as is a Dunkin' Donuts in the gas station's convenience store. Nice area to take a walk if you like. They're only too glad to let you use their computer and printer to print your e-tickets for flights, also.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Reykjavik, Iceland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

We stayed in a downstairs unit on September 28 and 29. As others have said, the suite set-up and kitchenette are great. The problem we had was the noise (!) coming from the unit directly over us. I woke from a sound sleep both nights to a couple gettin' busy in the upstairs room. From the bouncing bed, to the noises, to the heavy footsteps, flushing toilet, and loud voices, I had two terrible nights' sleeps. You are also able to hear a lot of noise from other guests walking by outside. So, if you are a light sleeper, I would stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: You can hear people walking overhead to the point where the walls shake in the downstairs rooms (amo...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Texas City, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

We always enjoy our stay at Beverly Garden Suites. A clean, quiet, relaxing place. Location is ideal. Staff is great, from the owners to the young fella who delivered our complimentary breakfast. Thank you Brenda, Ron and Nancy. We look forward to a return visit.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Ridgefield, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

I had been looking for a couple of days via hotel.com and trip advisor for the right place to stay for a 4 day vacation (September 14-18) and to attend my best friend's/college roommates wedding. Nothing seemed quite right until I stumbled upon Beverly Garden Suites which has a Trip Advisor top rating because the reviews are consistently excellent.

I wanted a place to stay where I could easily walk to get a coffee, some good meals, maybe even a book store or fun shop. Beverly Garden Suites is located right across from the Starbucks my friend and I usually go to when I visited her, about a block from Dunkin Donuts, within 2-3 blocks of several excellent local restaurants: a roast beef place, Italian eatery, a pub where I had a delicious cheeseburger, a homemade pita-pizza and salad place where I enjoyed a great chicken-feta salad and then Bertuccis, McDonalds, and Stop and Shop for groceries.

A couple of blocks down is a great used bookstore: Annie's. And there's a popular diner and Calico Corners for fabric browsing across the street, too. I wanted to stay more days. I loved taking walks around the streets adjoining the hotel--pretty houses and even glimpses of a lake. There's a busy road running by the office of the suites, but I didn't mind a little traffic noise as I live in the woods and wanted to be near civilization for a change. Sometimes I'd drive across the street at peak traffic times, rather than walk, and then walk to shops from there.

Loved my room. I team-teach interior design and like authentic decor. For a family run space, I don't want or need glitz. So, loved the pine dresser, simple white spreads, little glass table for eating, soft curtains, cane and chenille chair in living room. There were televisions in living room and bedroom that are there if you want it. The tile in bath and kitchen was charming in my room--little green diamonds set in cream tiles. It was convenient having a real kitchen with full size frig to store water, left-overs from tasty meals, fruit etc. Every suite is decorated different, but it's obvious thought and attention is given to room furnishings for comfort and ease. The decor reminded me of what you'd find in a cottage up north.

Regarding staff, Nancy was very friendly in the front office who checked me it. Everyone else who worked there was friendly and accommodating. I met the owners who live next door and are hands-on in the day-to-day management--whether folding towels or cleaning rooms. Brenda, one of the owners, told me keeping the place immaculate is an on-going priority for them. It's obvious that cleanliness is a priority.

As a garden suite, there's plenty of flowers and flowering bushes around and that adds to the ambiance. I could look out my window and see the garden of the home next door. I like the top floor as I like the view. Although the Garden Suites were 100% occupied some of the days I was there, they were quiet, so the ground floor would have been fine too if you prefer ground level.

The price fit my budget so I can come back again soon and will. My room felt like a small apartment in a fun town I can return to when I'm tired of my four walls and just want some get-away time. Maybe a November trip. The owners said they fill up fast during October when fall color is peaking and around college grad dates. So book early for peak times. If you want a clean comfortable environment that is close to restaurants, shops and even the train for a trip to the North End of Boston, you should consider these Garden Suites. They exceeded my expectations and were a total delight.

Room Tip: The place was quiet so either top level or lower level is fine. I saw one of the "basement&quo...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Beverly Garden Suites? Share your experiences!