“Noise was a problem” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Beverly Garden Suites

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Beverly
Beverly Garden Suites
You added Beverly Garden Suites to your Saves list
5 Lakeview Ave., Beverly, MA 01915   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Beverly
Reykjavik, Iceland
“Noise was a problem”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

We stayed in a downstairs unit on September 28 and 29. As others have said, the suite set-up and kitchenette are great. The problem we had was the noise (!) coming from the unit directly over us. I woke from a sound sleep both nights to a couple gettin' busy in the upstairs room. From the bouncing bed, to the noises, to the heavy footsteps, flushing toilet, and loud voices, I had two terrible nights' sleeps. You are also able to hear a lot of noise from other guests walking by outside. So, if you are a light sleeper, I would stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: You can hear people walking overhead to the point where the walls shake in the downstairs rooms (amo...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Texas City, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

We always enjoy our stay at Beverly Garden Suites. A clean, quiet, relaxing place. Location is ideal. Staff is great, from the owners to the young fella who delivered our complimentary breakfast. Thank you Brenda, Ron and Nancy. We look forward to a return visit.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Ridgefield, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

I had been looking for a couple of days via hotel.com and trip advisor for the right place to stay for a 4 day vacation (September 14-18) and to attend my best friend's/college roommates wedding. Nothing seemed quite right until I stumbled upon Beverly Garden Suites which has a Trip Advisor top rating because the reviews are consistently excellent.

I wanted a place to stay where I could easily walk to get a coffee, some good meals, maybe even a book store or fun shop. Beverly Garden Suites is located right across from the Starbucks my friend and I usually go to when I visited her, about a block from Dunkin Donuts, within 2-3 blocks of several excellent local restaurants: a roast beef place, Italian eatery, a pub where I had a delicious cheeseburger, a homemade pita-pizza and salad place where I enjoyed a great chicken-feta salad and then Bertuccis, McDonalds, and Stop and Shop for groceries.

A couple of blocks down is a great used bookstore: Annie's. And there's a popular diner and Calico Corners for fabric browsing across the street, too. I wanted to stay more days. I loved taking walks around the streets adjoining the hotel--pretty houses and even glimpses of a lake. There's a busy road running by the office of the suites, but I didn't mind a little traffic noise as I live in the woods and wanted to be near civilization for a change. Sometimes I'd drive across the street at peak traffic times, rather than walk, and then walk to shops from there.

Loved my room. I team-teach interior design and like authentic decor. For a family run space, I don't want or need glitz. So, loved the pine dresser, simple white spreads, little glass table for eating, soft curtains, cane and chenille chair in living room. There were televisions in living room and bedroom that are there if you want it. The tile in bath and kitchen was charming in my room--little green diamonds set in cream tiles. It was convenient having a real kitchen with full size frig to store water, left-overs from tasty meals, fruit etc. Every suite is decorated different, but it's obvious thought and attention is given to room furnishings for comfort and ease. The decor reminded me of what you'd find in a cottage up north.

Regarding staff, Nancy was very friendly in the front office who checked me it. Everyone else who worked there was friendly and accommodating. I met the owners who live next door and are hands-on in the day-to-day management--whether folding towels or cleaning rooms. Brenda, one of the owners, told me keeping the place immaculate is an on-going priority for them. It's obvious that cleanliness is a priority.

As a garden suite, there's plenty of flowers and flowering bushes around and that adds to the ambiance. I could look out my window and see the garden of the home next door. I like the top floor as I like the view. Although the Garden Suites were 100% occupied some of the days I was there, they were quiet, so the ground floor would have been fine too if you prefer ground level.

The price fit my budget so I can come back again soon and will. My room felt like a small apartment in a fun town I can return to when I'm tired of my four walls and just want some get-away time. Maybe a November trip. The owners said they fill up fast during October when fall color is peaking and around college grad dates. So book early for peak times. If you want a clean comfortable environment that is close to restaurants, shops and even the train for a trip to the North End of Boston, you should consider these Garden Suites. They exceeded my expectations and were a total delight.

Room Tip: The place was quiet so either top level or lower level is fine. I saw one of the "basement&quo...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Hardyston, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Stayed at the Beverly Garden Suites with a friend from August 28-30th. We had an upstairs suite, with two queen beds, a kitchen, and living room. It was clean, quiet, and perfect for our needs. It is centrally located for a day trip into Boston (train just across the street) for culture (Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum) and food (Catch of the Day) in Little Italy. Both were spectacular and funky, but great!
Day 2 3 and 4 we noodled around Gloucester, Rockport, Essex and Manchester by the Sea. Loved all the sights and colors and history. It was like a trip to the Maine coast or Point Lobos/Carmel in California (but closer) scenic-wise. The weather was perfect - - so was the food. I don't think you can have a bad meal on the Cape. The seafood is so fresh and the views so wonderful. Decks overlooking the harbor and water are the place to dine. The Paper House in Rockport was a wonderful treat. And the Rocky Point area was a terrific place to walk around visiting galleries and studios. Such talent! and imagination!
Hope to return with my husband in the fall.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

The hotel was a wonderful find! My mother and I needed a place to stay for one night. The rooms are large and very comfortable! No having to look for the hallway ice machine with ice in your freezer is neat. Being able to watch TV on the couch versus sitting on beds in other hotels was very relaxing. Instead of having to bring clothes into the bathroom to get changed, we could just close the bedroom door and have the ability to get dressed without the usual awkwardness of other hotels. The casual yet simple hominess that these suites offer was a terrific bonus for the buck - thanks to the staff for making our visit so pleasant!

• Stayed August 2012
arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 2 weeks during our summer vacation. We found the room spacious (more like a suite), clean and the staff was excellent. You are within walking distance to everything you need, including restaurants and grocery stores. My husband and I like to spend time in Boston and this was a perfect location to do that. Just walk across the street and catch a train that takes you right into the North End. The staff keeps the rooms clean and although you are right in the center of Beverly it is very quiet. I am very pleased with this hotel and highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Choose the higher floor so you don't have people walking above you.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

While visiting Gordon College with our High Schooler, our 6 and 9 year old wanted to hit the Science museum. The train station is just across the street and down 1/2 block (although we never heard the train from our room). Bertucci's pizza is right across the street as well as a drugstore and other stores. For a family of 5 this was very convenient and we all enjoyed our two night stay. The staff was very helpful and extra towels were in our room already upon arrival and there was also a iron and ironing board as well as a hair dryer. The suite was clean and we felt very safe in this area to walk to places. The kids loved the kitchen area and it allowed us to save $ by prepping our own breakfasts and lunches. We would definitely stay here again. The convenience of having our family mobile for the two days was just perfect and the kids got a kick out of taking the train into the city. Will be back if she attends Gordon.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Been to Beverly Garden Suites? Share your experiences!