“Fabulous food, service a bit rocky” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: French, American, Wine Bar, Gastropub
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Farm Table offers honest nourishment for the body and elegant respite for the soul. Look around you. The candlelit spaces, open-hearth oven, and comforting fireplaces speak wordlessly of a quieter, simpler time in New England history.
Northampton, MA
“Fabulous food, service a bit rocky”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Our first visit to this restaurant, based on a coworker's recommendation. Food was beautifully presented, inventive combinations. We both had perfectly cooked fish. Service however was a bit rocky. I wasn't asked if I wanted another beverage once my glass was empty. When I did request a glass of wine, it didn't arrive till dessert. Dessert itself was beautiful and delicious (sorbet sampler), but it arrived without a utensil with which to eat it. While we waited, another waiter noticed and brought us spoons. Check arrived without a pen, etc. We also waited a bit long between appetizer and entree.

Menu varied with several meat and fish offerings, pizzas, one vegetarian entree. Menu descriptions a bit vague in spots, but our waiter did know more about what was on offer. At the top of the price range for the valley. We spent $133 with two appetizers, 3 drinks, and a shared dessert for two (including a modest tip).

We ate in the old house portion of the restaurant, which was restored and modernized just enough. Got pretty noisy when it filled up though. The glitches didn't spoil our evening. We will go back. Just a bit puzzled about the service, which wasn't "up to" the food.

• Visited May 2013

Bernardston, Massachusetts
“Great Romantic Treat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Once again an amazing experience. This time was able to try The Farm Table for a normal meal instead of a party setting and it is still by far one of the best places I have ever eaten at. The food itself was superb. I loved the fact that all of the items on the regular menu state whether they are gluten free or can be gluten free. It was a very nice touch, not having to ask for a special menu.

And the desserts!!! I had a slice of banana cheesecake with a hazelnut ganache crust and chocolate fudge. Oh my God!!!! Amazing!!!

Wilmington, Massachusetts
“Second Visit, A repeat experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

This is our second visit to the Farm Table in Bernardston, MA (on Rt 5). As in my first visit, I completely enjoyed the restaurant. I am going to make this review brief as I have reviewed the restaurant before. The food was excellent especially the appetizer thin crust pizzas. However, I was a bit disappointed that the clam and bacon pizza which I had was lacking in clams. This was a bit different than my first visit when the clam and bacon pizza had lots of clams. My Roman Style Porchetta (pork loin wrapped with crispy pork belly) was wonderful...yes that crisp pork belly is very good. It was on the special menu. Here is the description I copied from the menu: "Roman Style Porchetta Local Pork Loin wrapped in Crispy Pork Belly seasoned with Fennel, Garlic and Mustard, served with Salsa Verde, Rosemary White Bean Puree and Sauteed Broccoli Rabe". Just the description is wonderful. The service was excellent, the cleanliness was perfect. Parking in the lot was not a problem. For the women, get there early and go visit Kringle Candle across the street. While the women are shopping for candles, the guys can hit the bar with a wonderful selection of beer. All the food and produce are locally grown without all the chemicals in mass produced materials. The atmosphere is just marvelous. Take the time to look at some of the photos on the walls. Now this restaurant is not cheap although if you had a pizza appetizer and a beer you might get out for a reasonable price. When my family goes there, we booze it up and order appetizers, entrees, sides and desserts. So our bill is expensive. This would be a fine restaurant for family or couple celebrations. It is close to I-91 in Bernardston and right on Rt 5. YOU WILL RETURN TO THIS RESTAURANT EVEN THOUGH IT IS A BIT EXPENSIVE. ONE THING.... leave the little kids home, this place is for grown ups.

Rutland, Vermont
“Prep time needs work, as well as menu definitions.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Nice looking restaurant, good servers; but prep time took much to long. Menu displayed salads, but fails to indicate what type of lettuce etc. is utilized, particularly in Ceasar Salad. Bucatinni sauce was over drawn and harsh to the taste. Bees Knees Martini was weak without much taste. Had the homemade sorbet sampler for desert which was a little weak on taste.

Visited April 2013
Westfield, Massachusetts
“Amazing food in a great atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

This is one of the finest restaurants that we have ever been to. Our meals and iced tea were spectacular. It would be worth a trip to experience the atmosphere of this amazingly well designed and decorated restaurant. We give it five stars.