“Yes, yes, yes...this is a fantastic place to dine!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Greenfield, Massachusetts
“Yes, yes, yes...this is a fantastic place to dine!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

My first trip to The Farm Table was made possible by a generous gift card I received. Two steps inside the door and I was already hooked. The first thing you see is a big open bar area and the welcoming flames of the brick oven. This place does warm and cozy at its best. Went with my husband and my son for lunch on a snowy Thursday. I ordered fresh brewed unsweetened ice tea which came in a small milk bottle that our waitstaff poured into a tumbler size glass with a fresh lemon wedge hooked on the rim. Honestly...this was the best ice tea I ever tasted. Had a slight fruity note in the background....absolutely refreshing. My choice for lunch started with the soup special...potato and leek. A generous cup size serving was hot, creamy, and delicious with small bits of potato and savory leek. A basket of fresh, soft, warm bread with sun-dried tomato was presented with a small dish of fragrant olive oil with a splash of tangy balsamic vinegar. Very, very, very good. I next choose a pear, blue cheese, candied walnut, and dried cherry salad loaded with bitter greens and peppery arugula and tossed with a white balsamic dressing. This was fresh and amazingly good. I ordered the large size salad because it just sounded too good to just get the small size. There wasn't one morsel left on my plate. And, yes, I even ordered dessert...an eggnog cheesecake on a molasses cookie crust topped with rum soaked golden raisins. A nice hot cup of steaming hot, strong, rich, black coffee was the perfect compliment for this sweet and aromatic decadent dessert. The menu only covers two pages, but the creativity of the items still makes it hard to choose what you should eat. The quality of the food is exceptional and the attention to detail by the waitstaff was remarkable. The three of us enjoyed a drink, an appetizer, an entree, and a dessert and I felt the price was very reasonable. I left feeling spoiled. I still have a little left on my gift card, so I am guessing I will be back very soon. I can see myself, my family, and my friends enjoying this place for years to come. Bravo to The Farm Table...this place is a huge hit!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

83% Recommend
New York City, New York
“Exceeded every expectation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

Opulently rustic atmosphere with immaculately maintained dining rooms and bar. Mushroom risotto was outstanding and pizzas were imaginative and perfectly executed. Service was as good as the best!

Massachusetts
“Excellent food but less than stellar service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Rating may be a bit low but as it is more like a 4.5. They need to tighten up their customer service skills to be 5 star. A lot of minor concerns none major. We visited on a Thursday night as a group of four. The hostess asked us to sit in the bar area and that someone would come and get us. When? The cocktail waitress came and we told her what the hostess had said. She would check back with us. Well ten or fifteen minutes later she did and offered drink menus. We prepared to order a cocktail and another hostess came to get us for our table at the same time. Better that we could have been told to order a drink and it would be brought to our table.
Seated in a nice corner table and told that our waiter would be right there. Not! Too long a wait to get menus, water and a drink. Or waiter introduced the specials but the presentation was too fast and all the specials seemed to run together and he was gone. The wines were excellent and reasonable. Other minor concerns are water glasses unfilled, a bread basket with four slivers of olive bread and a long time to offer a second round.
The food was excellent. Salads were conveniently split between diners and were huge. The warm quinoa salad was just wonderful and with raosted squash and parsnip chunks, pomegranate seeds, apple pieces and afrugula a taste delight. The warm goat cheese and arugula salad was also top shelf. My wife had the mushroom risotto that was creamy and flavorful. The ribeye steak was large and perfectly prepared. Salmon grilled to perfection. Other offerings would bring us back. The oyster appetizer was ultra-fresh and served with a wonderful apple based compote as well as a delicious fresh cocktail sauce. There are plenty of appealing entrees for our next visit. Again the food was superb. We had an awkward wait at the hostes station for our doggie bags that was another glitch.
This is a wonderful restaurant setting with adjacent shopping for candles, toys or christmas gifts. With a few minor easily remedied issues this will be five star all the way.
One more pet peeve is no wait staff should be working in jeans!

Vermont
“Beyond the Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

There aren't enough stars to rate the Farm Table. Staff, food, atmosphere all magnificent. Incredibly creative and delicious salads enough for a small meal for under $10, fantastic brick-fired pizzas from $12-$16, to outstanding entrees up to around $35. Extensive gluten-free selection. We go there once or twice a week, sometimes just to enjoy the beautiful bar and the company or for a glass of wine or a cup of coffee on the deck or patio. The outside fireplaces are great in the evening (as are the two inside). Don't miss out on this place if you are in the area!

South Hadley, Massachusetts
“(Candle) Light up your life”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I recently stopped here after a day of meandering up Rtes. 47 and 63 from South Hadley. The two dining rooms were booked, but my companion and I ate at the bar. The ambiance even at the bar is excellent, from the deep marble bar top to the muted light on the furnishings. We split a quail and pork belly appetizer that Chef Brent was trying out, so it isn't on their regular menu but were we glad we experimented along with the chef! He is amazing! We also split a beet root and pecan crusted goat cheese salad that was delicious, all ingredients fresh and prepared to perfection. Then we opted for the small pizzas, I went for the fennel sausage with broccoli rabe (super tasty!) and my partner had a classic Margherita. The pizzas were plenty for one, (my partner took half home, but she's not an "oinker" like me) each with a thin crispy crust done to perfection. All ingredients are fresh and local sourced if possible, the staff, food, and restaurant are all excellent in all possible ways. Even better is that it is also as "green" as they can make it. Did I mention the great selection of brews and booze and the incredible bartenders? I highly recommend for anytime (make reservations) or after shopping till you drop at Kringle Candle stores.

• Visited November 2012