“Never Again” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Bedford
Clinton, Massachusetts
“Never Again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

I've been staying there on and off a night or so a month for over a year. The rooms were always clean not pretty but functional. There can be a lot of noise as the rooms all surround the pool. People walking up and down halls at all hours.

Lately, the staff is increasing rude they were never pleasant to begin with. You would think seeing my face and credit card like clock work they could be a bit friendly but no. Now R U D E not just unpleasant but snippy and put out. I have zero patience for staff who can't handle faking a smile and saying thank you when you hand them your credit card.

I haven't had a room not in need or repair in the last 6 visits. Broken tv remotes, shades, toilet seats that you cant fully lift because the counter top is cut funny, shower heads etc. This last time the white bathroom vanity was held together with black duct tape and there were long back strands of hair in the towels...every towel. How do you manage that?

I chose not to stay that night nor will I ever again.

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
NJ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

We stayed here on a Tuesday night in July when we were having trouble finding a place with vacancies near Boston. We were quoted $139 on the phone although we later found out their usual rate is $99. We were coming in rather late at night and ran into trouble because of an accident which closed a section of I-95 which meant we couldn't follow their directions to the hotel. It tok multiple phone calls to get someone to answer the phone, and then the desk clerk was unable to give us alternate directions. The room and breakfast were adequate, but the most annoying part came at check-out when the desk clerk neglected to return my husband's driver's license. We didn't realize this until the following night. Despite having our cell phone number, they never bothered to notify us and when we called the next day to see if they had it they told us they'd mail it home but we'd have to pay the courier's fee. We ended up driving back to get it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Windsor, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

We had a great time at this hotel. Pool was nice and warm. Breakfast was absolutely great. Nice and hot bacon/eggs/serials/fruits you name it.
Staff was very polite and place is a hidden Jewel. When we walked in first we thought i don't know how this will be but whe you walk inside the hotel, it is very nice. Rooms were clean and nice smell. Bar was very nice and quite. There was little bit of noise due to some kids running around, but other than that it was fantasctic stay! Good for the price i paid.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Bolton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

I had my doubts when I pulled up at the hotel but thought hey give it a chance. There was a trainee on reception but another young man advising him. I asked to see the rooms and the trainee took me round. Room was clean with the usual Fridge and coffee maker but was in need of a little cosmetic touch up. Hotel was bright on the inside around the pool and breakfast area and very warm. Was quiet which is what I wanted after a day walking around Boston. As I did not want to eat out there was a local supermartket just further down the road and provided me with a light meal for the evening. On checking out the day after the man on reception required my card again as he said it had failed the day before (16.06.12) this meant as I learned later on in my holiday that they had taken out a further $72 , I am hoping I get this back tomorrow, being 16.07.12 but it has not put me off staying there again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Chelsea, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

I've been here numerous times before with my fiancee. It's a very nice place with continental breakfast, a pool, and a bar (when it's open). On June 16th, we went to get a room.
First, the worker that helped us was rude: cursed frequently, talked on the phone with friends. Very unprofessional. Then, we asked if they could do the favor of opening the bar for us. They agree and the same worker, who isn't a bartender, told us the price is 5-7 for a shot or drink. We ordered a Long Island ice tea. We had to look up the instructions on our phone to instruct him. After he made it, he charged us $70. Nobody pays $70 for 2 mixed drinks, at a mediocre bar. The man wasn't even a certified bartender. We asked to speak to the manager. He denied us. After much trouble, we settled on $40; $20 per drink. Still very ridiculous. My fiancee is very upset, so we won't be revisiting.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
New Haven, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

We were happy we found a hotel on the weekend of the Needham Soccer Tournament. It was very close to our venue and pretty cheap too. Unfortunately, upon checking in the boy/man could not be bothered looking at us let alone smiling. He told us nothing about what the hotel had to offer. I felt like I was bothering him. We got to our dirty room (which after a day of soccer the kid just wanted to lay down). The shower actually hurt! What we saved on staying there we ended up paying in co-pays at our local physician (maybe they get kickbacks!). We wound up with (combined) two sinus infections, an ear infection, and bronchitis, skin irritation from the shower etc. We were so disappointed. After almost a month later we are still suffering. I believe the room was full of mold! For breakfast the family (owners) stare at you so you don't want to eat. Very strange. Horrible experience. To say something positive- our car did not get vandalized and they did have free ice.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere even if it means spending a little extra.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Edison, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

For the money okay. Most Hotels in area about 50% to 150% more per night. Breakfast was fine..Cable service stations only a few were working. Bar/Lounge was closed when I checked in at 3PM and I never saw it open. Room was clean.. At Check - In Person in-charge was training a new employee and the in-charge person was unfriendly......

Room Tip: Ok for price But not a 4 star hotel
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
SALPATEL, General Manager at Bedford Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, June 10, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. Today was the last day for the "person in charge" that you mentioned in your review. As we had many complaint about her behavior and attitude towards guests, it was necessary for us to let her go.

Been to Bedford Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!