“Dinner in a sports type restaurant.” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Santa Rosa, California
“Dinner in a sports type restaurant.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

Service was fine, he was friendly and helpful. We had a beer each, Sam Adams Seasonal, on tap. Cold and delicious!!! I ordered short rib sliders, three served alone. My husband ordered the broiled day scallops, they came with fries, and also what was gritty like sand. Tasted them too and. Agreed. Our server was willing to have the kitchen make them again, but I gave one of my sliders to my husband and he ate fries with it. Our server removed the day scallops price from the bill, and we appreciated him doing this for us.

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Nice folks”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Looks very new and is close to several hotels. Got in late and they were gracious enough to serve me dinner before they closed the kitchen and a couple cocktails. Good variety on the menu ranging from bar food to entrees. Ordered one of their pasta dishes and it was certainly great considering I hadn't eaten much that day ... it could have been a lot better.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Great Place once you find it...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

I love this place the Buffalo Dip is my favourite - I always go to the one in Charlestown. Please note this Max and Dylan's is not in Billerica as noted in the above address. The correct address is 15 Middlesex Turnpike, Bedford, MA. Also there are roadworks on the Middlesex Turnpike so it took us a while to navigate the detour route.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Nashua
“Great service, overpriced mediocre food.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Family of four with two small children. We ate there two days after opening night. It had previously been Pedro's Fine Latin Cuisine. This place has a captive audience -- there are three hotels next door (Homewood, Hampton, Doubletree), and no other restaurants in the immediate vicinity. Decor is nice, modern, and comfortable, and it was clean.
Mom had macaroni and cheese, which had a great description on the menu but fell below expectations. Cheese was reminiscent of Kraft Mac & Cheese from the box. But while Kraft sells for less than $2, Max and Dylan sell it for $9.50.
Dad had fish and chips. Tasty, but the fish pieces were small and few. For $15, I expect a lot more. Fish and chips at Lobster Bob in Newburyport costs only $12, and you get 50% more fish.
Service was excellent -- often the case during the honeymoon period when a restaurant first opens. I hope it stays that way because the food will not bring people back.
Bottom line -- if you're staying at one of the hotels next door, and you don't feel like going for a drive, this might be a convenient option. But I would not center your evening plans around going there.

• Visited August 2012