“Very good campground!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Camp Coldbrook Golf and RV Resort

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Barre
Camp Coldbrook Golf and RV Resort
You added Camp Coldbrook Golf and RV Resort to your Saves list
864 Old Coldbrook Road, Barre, MA   |
Providence, Rhode Island
“Very good campground!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I took the family tent camping this past weekend. I was a little skeptical after reading some of the previous reviews but, with the threat of rain in the forecast as well, we took the chance. I am so happy we did! 1st the attendants were young and in training but they kept their cool and their smiles through the registration process. Getting to our campsite was very easy as all the roads had signs except Violet (our road!) but someone from an adjacent campsite was kind enough to help and showed me the ropes! We were on Buttercup 24 but the good Samaritan informed me that 23 was a little bigger. Next time I will request that site. Either way the site was a good size, had good shade, and had the necessary electrical and water outlets. My children enjoyed the basketball and playground area.

The restroom was a little farther than I would like but they were clean and well maintained. The pools were outstanding! We loved the large pool and the varying depths. We couldn't dive head-first but cannonballs were OK! It could use some more pool chairs. My one year old had her first pool experience in the wading pool and she loved it! There was always at least one lifeguard at the wading pool and a couple at the large pool. The cabana bar was a cool hang-out and had a TV to watch the games.

I loved that the site had some activities for the kids such as sack races and nature walks. I did not get the chance to try the 9 hole but the rates were good at $10 for 9 hole, $15 for 18 and $25 for the weekend.

The staff was nice and considerate but what I really liked was the courteousness of the other visitors and regulars. My family and I always felt welcome.

My thanks to the staff, managers and owners for a wonderful time. Please keep up the good work. Being only an hour and 15 minutes from home I will definitely be a regular at Camp Coldbrook!

Room Tip: If tent camping choose site Buttercup 23!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
worcester, Ma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We have been going camping here for years and each year they seem to be working to improve the campground.

The good:
The sites are big, there are activities for the kids and adults, they are supposed to be updating the pools, which really need it. The store is limited (should carry hose and electric extension or at least rent them) but clean, bathrooms really clean every time we used them. Staff is friendly and helpful, given their age. The golf course is actually pretty good given the cost to use it. Overall the rates are pretty good. Make sure you hold out for at least 40% off. Huge campground, good playground for the kinds and basketball court. Horseshoes every saturday(my husband loved it) Everyone was super friendly.

The not so good:
Water and electric way to far away from campers. No attendants for some of the kids activities (bounce house, slip and slide), we were told they are "use at your own risk kind of things" (Really?Not a good idea. Can you say liability? How about one of the 4 teenagers at the desk sit by them instead?) Reservations, when they called and offered one of the members in our party a discounted rate they inquired whether there would be a better discount at a later date and they were told no, two days later they called and offered a better rate but would not refund the difference because they had booked two days earlier, they were also told if they cancelled the reservation there would be a fee and therefore no point in canceling to get the better rate. Nice. We booked 7 campers together, they had our sites all mixed up (not a huge deal) but they had me booked on two sites and another member not on any site?

I still overall enjoyed my time there. Not sure I can say the same about the other memebers of my party.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
North Attleboro, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

This was the worst campground i have ever stayed at. The place was a dump. I will start with the 1 good thing, kind of. IF you are a tent camper, which i am not, AND you plan to stay on your site all day and night THEN you might like it, the sites are very large and nicely wooded. If you are an RV'er, then expect to have 50 to 100 foot extentions for your hoses and cords because the hookups are not close. I had to walk into the woods, which were like a swamp to get to my hookups. Nothing like hooking up electric while standing in water. The campground is VERY hilly, so if you have kids that want to ride bikes, they will not enjoy this park. The "state of the art" arcade is filled with light fixtures that are falling down, a couch that looks like it has been in a bar for 20 years and a couple games. The "Tavern" is closed. The pool filled with algea with employees stirring it up while you swim. The pool paint peeling and all over the pool deck for your infants to enjoy for a snack. The store has very few items in it...of course the one item i needed, a 50 ft water hose to get to my water, they didnt have. The idea of this campground is great, two pools, one of them a large wading pool for kids, and a par three golf course...all good things, until you see them or use them. If they only put $1 into this place it would be nicer. You can tell they do not care. I called several campgrounds the weekend we went and they were all sold out, not Coldbrook...plenty of openings. I see why now. We ended up leaving a day early and paid for another campground, that is how bad it was. I was willing to pay for the same night at two different campgrounds. Never again will i be here, and i am not sure i am every willing to try another Morgan resort if this is how they care for them. By the way, that is only about half my gripes, i am just sick of typing.

Room Tip: Best camp sites are at a different campground.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Barre hotels

Clinton, Massachusetts, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

Let start with reservations...My family plus another wanted to camp together so we drove an hour to make the reservations in person to make sure we got two sites together. The girl working in the camp store was just that, maybe 16 years old. Although she was very nice, there probably should have been some one a little more knowledgeable of the campground taking the reservations.
The site requested was already booked for one of the nights we wanted, (not a big deal), so we looked on the park map she pulled out and we agreed on two other sites with water and electric (which we requested). Everything went smoothly, we took some pamphlets from the counter and left. As we returned home, we found that the THREE park maps we ended up with were all different and we didn't know if we actually GOT what we requested. I called the office and spoke with Jim (the manager ??) he then informed us that those sites no longer had the hookups we asked for at booking (and were charged premium price for) and he moved us to two different sites.
When we checked in Friday morning, they tried to put us on the original site.. we corrected her told her that we called and had been moved...she didn't even question us (different girl, also very young). From there, it was really quick and we were immediately escorted to our site. Nice site, flat, great big fire pit, plenty of room for two tents a canopy and two cars and it was very clean.... Down side, we were literally in the middle of all the seasonal RVers, in the far back corner of the campground quite a distance from the restrooms. Rolled out of my tent on the first morning and made the trek to the bathroom and almost didn't make it (we pretty much drove there each time we had to go after that). I couldn't figure out where the w/e hookups were so had to call the office because the ones I saw couldn't possibly be for us because they were so far away. Jim (the manager ??) said "don't worry, I'll send someone right up to get you set up".....okay, good. 30 minutes later, someone showed up. I asked if the hookup I did find was for us and low and behold it was.....however, I couldn't plug in my extension cord because you had to have an adapter in order to do so. They didn't have one in the vehicle and had to go get one. It was near lunch time, they asked if they could do lunch and would be right back after.....no problem. In the mean time, Jim shows up and he is very nice, seems a little tired though. He wanted to make sure the site was okay for our needs....I've never had someone come to my site, at ANY campground, to make sure everything was okay, thought to myself....."good weekend ahead". Everything went good from there, got set, got the adapter, got all plugged and started to relax.
About five pm, my husband showed up and had to check in......where do they try to send him??? To the original site...what??? He calls me, I call Jim, we straighten it out, he makes it to the site.
We decide to go get our wood for the night, go to the campstore and are informed that they now deliver to the sites...cool I don't have to put it in my car...in the meantime we want to go swimming and cool off.......pool is closed, why wouldn't they tell us that considering you have to walk through the store to get to the pool area? why wouldn't they tell us when we checked in that the pool was closed? Okay let's go start getting dinner ready....an hour and a half later, they show up with wood and guess what?.......it's wet! Two and half hours later we finally get it burning and realize we should really go order more....ugh.
Saturday....we decide to go golfing, paid for two weekend passes, ($25/each unlimited golf) Should've just played without paying there's no way they would've known, cuz we never saw one employee on or anywhere near the golf course. The greens were ridiculously bad. They looked like people have bee teeing off from them....which really surprised us because we have been camping here for about 8-10 years and were always amazed at how nice the course was for a campground.
After golf, we go back to the site to get the teen girls and go to the pool before our friends get there to check in.....Pool still closed....95 degrees and humid as hell....great!
My 25 yr old who is camping with us shows up, checks in......where do they send her???? AGAIN TO THE ORIGINAL SITE!!!!! What is going on at this place??? AGAIN...I call the office, this time I talk to Robin.....I explain that our sites were changed the same day the reservation was made....JIM changed the sites for us....She seems to think that when we got there we just moved with out telling anyone....I explain what happened that there was no w/e on the original site that JIM moved us...she says "then don't worry about it" and not very friendly....sorry to bother you but don't you people talk to eachother????? Everytime someone in our group shows up you try to put them on the wrong site!!!!!
The last people in our group show up, you know how that went by now.
Saturday night.....order wood....almost two hours....this is getting old
Sunday....it's another beautiful day....the guys go golfing and we girls decide to play volleyball, the pool is finally open again, every one is hot and sweaty so we go to the pool. After 2 days of maintenance you would expect to see nothing in the pool. This was the worst I have ever seen it. Does anyone vaccum it? How about skim it? I don't get it.
Sunday afternoon....oh no down pour! Oh well, we're camping, we've camped in the rain before so we make the best of it..it stops around 5pm......5:30 we order wood......6:45 we call to find out where our wood is cuz we find out the rain isn't done yet and we need to get a fire going before it starts again......45 minutes later we get the wood. (they had to find dry wood, we got a few pieces). I will say that they did try to compensate for the late, wet wood delivery and gave us double what we ordered (ordered 30 pcs got bout 60)., The problem, we are checking out in the morning and we now have to burn all of this wood before we leave because I'm not leaving anything behind that I paid for. 32 pcs of wood had to come home with me along with the camp chairs our friends left behind by accident when they left late sunday afternoon.
I am not really sure what has been happening at this campground the last few years, it used to be really great with lots to do. Crafts under the pavillion during the day for all ages, dj dances on Saturday nights, pool always open, cleaning schedules clearly posted....I just don't understand what's going here now.
The one saving grace......RITA! this woman works her butt off...she does it all...even when sick like she was on sunday!
We will camp here again, but the management really needs to step up and train there younger staff. They need to talk to eachother and get their reservations in order to avoid the mix-ups.
Overall....we had a really great time, because we made a great time for ourselves, I just wish the things I talked about could have been avoided.

Room Tip: find a site close to the middle so you don't have to drive to the bathroom, Buttercup Lane would...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Massachusetts, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

We camped at this "resort" Memorial day weekend. The best description....it's a dump! We arrived to be told we had to move sites because our electric didn't work. Well we had booked with 5 other campers and wanted to be together. Turns out our electric did work. We had to share water with the seasonal behind us. He was slightly grumpy saying no one has ever had to use his water. Maybe the last guy had his own private well?! Some of the sites didn't have fire pits. Other sites didn't have picnic tables and took over a day to get one. The grass at our site was ridiculously overgrown and up to our knees. One of our friends used the bath house and said one toilet was clogged and the other stall had poop on the floor (not in the toilet...on the floor). The young girl in charge of BINGO informed us after we paid that 50% of the money collected was going towards the adult activities since the campground didn't give her a budget for that. After some complaints from us and some of the seasonal ladies she revised that took less..... The pool was filled on Saturday morning/afternoon with what I could only describe as pond water. It was brown and green and you were unable to see to the paint peeling all over the bottom of the pool. We left for the afternoon and paid to go to Rutland State Park. I sent an email complaining about the conditions and was offered $5 off my next stay....I WANT MY $$ BACK!!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Central Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

Me and my family are seasonals at Coldbrook in Barre. 2011 was our 5th Season. I would like to say that this by far has been our best season since Morgan has taken it over. I think that Michael has done an AWESOME job with getting things moving in the right direction. We have signed on for the 2012 season and hope to see Michael back with more great improvements.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2010

We were attracted to this campground as it had a par 3 golf course which is very rare in the north. The positive was the golf course was good and kids enjoyed getting to learn golf on this par 3 course. The campground also had a nice pool and really large kiddie pool. Some negatives was the pool had some construction so it was muddy and many of the stones were unlevel. The campground utilities are unusually spaced apart like over 100 ft for electric/water. The roads need to be fixed as low trees and pot holed roads. The staff was very helpful and they have lots of activities going on which was a plus. They said they were just purchased by Morgan Resorts so hopefully Morgan invests some money into improving the facilities and roads because the location, pool, views and golf is nice combination. Again, the staff really goes out of their way to ensure you are having a good time. Just need money to fix up her up.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Camp Coldbrook Golf and RV Resort? Share your experiences!