My newlywed husband and I stayed at the Lamb and Lion Inn for two nights with our dog Pebbles for our "mini-moon". Tom and Ali were wonderfully gracious hosts, and even Pebbles was greeted warmly by their little furry family members. Tom had so kindly upgraded us to "Sweet 6" which was immaculate, nicely appointed with fridge and stove, and situated poolside. Surrounding the pool were lovely hydrangea and rose bushes and large pots of colorful and vibrant flowers. Hummingbirds entertained us as they flew around and stopped frequently at the feeder placed just outside our door. The grounds were beautifully landscaped, and the entire property, both inside and out, was clean and decorated with charm and whimsy here and there...lamb and lion knick-knacks and such. During our first afternoon, we had the pool and hot tub to ourselves as the other guests must have been out on their excursions. Having never been to the Cape ourselves, we were not sure what to do or where to go. Tom made it easy for us by providing self-guided driving tours with thorough directions and recommended stops that included dog-friendly eateries, isolated beaches, boutique shops, museums, and galleries. We hit most of them along the way to and from Marconi Beach, but not before they allowed us to borrow towels and items from their "Beach Depot" (beach chairs, cooler). After each restful night's sleep, we looked forward to what was being served for breakfast. Ali's "Glorious Muffins" were just that...GLORIOUS, along with her homemade granola, yogurt, and other baked goodies. It was plentiful and satisfying, and although we may have gained a pound or two, we would do it all over again. Our entire stay was relaxing and romantic, even with our dog who enjoyed herself as much as we did. Thank you, Tom and Ali. We will definitely be back for a longer stay...Pebbles can't wait!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pool, spa & yoga studio, free self-guided driving tours, suites with kitchens & wood-burning fireplaces, walk to beach. "A classic Cape Cod inn and spa with the spirit of a small luxury hotel" ~ Car & Driver. "Best mid-Cape Inn/B&B" - Cape Cod Life Magazine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your Lamb and Lion Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lamb And Lion Hotel Barnstable
- Lamb And Lion Inn Barnstable, MA - Cape Cod