“The Cottage!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 6 Barnstable B&B and Inns
Quincy, Massachusetts
“The Cottage!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

Felt compelled to post this from the cottage (hello Wi-Fi)... Just have to say that is is clean, cozy, well-stocked, beautifully decorated, extremely comfortable with plenty of privacy in a great location and is owned by two fabulous and very accommodating humans! I've been in many Cape cottages. Yikes! This one in my favorite by far. I suggest you rent in when we leave. If we do... :)

Room Tip: Cottage is perfect for two!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Mexico, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

We returned home yesterday from our first visit to the Cape.I cannot say enough about the very lovely Lamb & Lion Lodging, where we spent 4 wonderful nights with our little dog, Zoey.
from the moment I stepped out of our vehicle,I had the distinct feeling that I was "home".Our host and hostess,Tom and Ali greeted us as if we were old friends.It means a lot to be greeted by your first name.Tom was always right there when we had questions or needed directions. His driving tour sheets took us to places we might never have found on our own.We loved the beach where our Zoey could play in the water.
Ali's special breakfasts were out of this world.Everything was healthy and delicious.I am going to try to make yogurt.Every morning there was a different delight from Ali's oven.I already miss those breakfasts.
There were so many extra touches that made our stay enjoyable that I don't know where to begin. It was great to have use of the community kitchen and to be able to prepare Zoey's home-cooked meals. It was nice that Tom provided a doggie sheet to help protect the fine bedding.Zoey starts her night in her own bed but somehow always ends up curled up next to "Mom". I hope that we didn't leave too many hairs.I brought along my "as seen on tv" schtickys" and tried to clean up after her.
Lair 4 seemed to suit us very well. The bed was so soft and comfortable. We both felt very rested in the morning.Of course the pool and hot tub were very enjoyable.I am not usually a water person but I found myself drawn to the beautiful court yard in the evening and did enjoy both the pool and hot tub.
The Lamb & Lion is in the perfect central location. We were able to take day trips and visit all areas of the Cape. We enjoyed a nice long walk down to Scudders Beach. We did not hike the conservation trails because ticks seem to be attracted to Jim and we didn't want to invite trouble.
I could go on forever about our stay.I hope that we will be able to return again soon.

Room Tip: I can't imagine that any room would not be a good room.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Mahwah, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

Just a few minutes away from the roar of the Hyannis strip is a relaxing retreat called "The Lamb & Lion Inn". The inn offers solitude or friendly conversation in a warm and inviting environment. Being a pet-friendly establishment is another plus! Our two small dogs were welcomed with open arms and they felt at home as much as we did. We all nestled like little lambs in our spacious and amenity filled room, "The Innkeeper's Pride", before we ventured out to explore the nearby area which is rich with varied activities for all types of couples/families. We will certainly be back again for our yearly pilgrimage! Thank you for your warm hospitality, Tom & Ali!

• Stayed July 2012
Sherburne, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

I was looking for a gay friendly B&B on the Cape...Yours was the 1st one to pop up in my Google search! And we are SO happy it did!! What a beautiful place! The room was perfect! Breakfast delicious! The pool and the hot tub were awesome! Tom and Ali are wonderful hosts! We took Tom's self guided driving tour of the Mid-Cape...we had a blast and saw some things we might have missed otherwise. One of the nicest places we have ever stayed! We will definately stay there again!

Room Tip: Suite 6 opened onto the pool deck....awesome!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
canton CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

My daughter and I had one of our best vacations at this immaculate and charming inn. We ended up spending much of our time relaxing by the pool because we simply had no reason to leave such a great place. The owners Tom and Ali were gracious and helpful hosts who gave us great tips on pet friendly restaurants and hidden treasures on the cape. I can't say enough about the delicious breakfasts which were filled with a variety of homemade treats that Ali made every morning. The inn is pet friendly and we had a beautiful back yard to walk our dog, but you would never even know there were dogs staying there because it was always clean and quiet. Another thing we loved about the inn was the decor. The Lamb and Lion was tastefully decorated but never boring with whimsy around every corner. For example there was Peru the Funky Breakfast Chicken (you will have to go find out for yourself what this means), and Lamb and Lion themed paintings and tchotchkies that were fun to find all vacation. I could go on and on about this place...we will definitely be back here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Owner at Lamb and Lion Inn, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
Thank you Sonia! We'll say it once again...we get the nicest, COOLEST guests! Most we feel sad to say goodbye to, and a few we feel become life-long friends. Sonia is one of those guests. For the record, she wasn't lying about coming back--although she never mentioned this review (what a fun surprise!), she called us a few days before this posting and booked again for 5 nights in August--and this time not only is she bringing her adorable, dancing daughter, but her parents as well, which is the most sincere form of flattery we could ask for.
Thanks for the "clean" compliments as well. Our housekeepers/assistants Donna and Amanda where many hats, but when it comes to cleaning they are meticulous in every way, and very proud to be working here.
Sonia, we'll see YOU next month....Review-reader-internet surfer-person? What are you waiting for?!?
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

We had 3 beautiful, restful, and peaceful day at the Inn. Our room was spacious and just the right temperature for a great nights' sleep. Words just cannot describe how delicious breakfast was each morning. Ali sure made points with Mike with the the gooey sticky orange cake and for me the best treat was the creamy homemade yogurt with fresh fruit. Tom was really in his toes all weekend making sure all needs were met.This dog friendly inn created just the right atmosphere and memories for all guests this past weekend. We are already planning a return trip over Columbus Day. My only word to describe our stay is "spectacular."

Room Tip: Lair 4 was perfect for us.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Laurenjeff, Owner at Lamb and Lion Inn, responded to this review, June 2, 2012
Wow! Thank you so much! What a spectacular weekend weather-wise. Speaking of weather, all of our guests were worried about the weather report. This is something we hear often and have to educate guests on. Almost every day during Memorial Day weekend they called for "chance of rain". Here's the deal...there is almost no way of predicting Cape Cod weather. We stick out over the jet stream (weather pattern) about 14 miles. Boston's weather is often not only different much of the time, but can be severely different--and they are only just a little over an hour away!
So if you have to look at the weather report DO NOT watch Boston's weather. Check out Cape Cod's--and no matter what the prediction, don't put too much stock into it. It hasn't rained (or snowed) all that much the last couple of years here on Cape Cod, but even when it does, we have plenty of things to keep you busy!!
Poughkeepsie, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

My boyfriend and I went to Cape Cod for three nights just over a week ago to celebrate his special milestone 30th birthday. I planned it as a surprise and really immersed myself in Cape Cod research for several weeks well before the trip. I saw inns and hotels that had ocean view rooms, which is something we always enjoy, and places with very low rates, which was also tempting. But for some reason, Lamb & Lion Inn stood out and seemed absolutely beautiful. So after reviewing the website and the available rooms again and again, I took the plunge…

This was the best decision I could have made! The perfection of the trip was such a relief as well as a rewarding feeling for all my hard work planning, especially since it was the first trip I ever planned in full.
Lamb & Lion Inn is tucked away in a quaint area of Barnstable yet incredibly close to the harbor, the village, and a walk away from a beautiful beach. This gave us the perfect mix of feeling like we were in our own little retreat and the convenience of a 5 minute drive to where our whale watching boat took off and one of our favorite restaurants Mattakeese (recommended by Tom). As far as the drive to anywhere else, even if it is further away, is a complete pleasure. Tom & Ali provide a self guided printed out tour that we took along with us everywhere we went to help take the scenic route and see every thing we could fit into four days. It is such a relaxing place to be, and we felt like we stepped back in time. To quote Tom, one of the gracious owners, everything in the area "looks like a Norman Rockwell painting".

Speaking of the owners, Tom & Ali are so incredible. They enhanced our trip not only with their clean, comfortable and fun accommodations, but also with their savvy tips and recommendations. Plans I had made already for our trip, they helped make them better. Some fun excursions I missed while planning, they told us to try and we could not be happier that we did. They gave awesome suggestions for places to eat, beaches to see and so many other absolutely amazing activities. In the morning if we happened to see them filling up the breakfast area with Ali’s delicious homemade treats, it was fun to discuss our experiences the night before as well as what we had in store for that day. We so enjoyed conversing with them in general. They were so warm and willing to share their vast knowledge of Cape Cod with us, and this truly encouraged us to experience the Cape to the fullest. I cannot say enough about their obvious love for Cape Cod and their hospitable nature. We are so grateful for the extra steps they took to provide us a fun and enriching trip.

I saw the beauty and charm of the inn while viewing the pictures, but one cannot begin to grasp how nice it is until staying there. There are so many rooms with awesome features at the Inn, but we stayed in the bright and relaxing Sweet 9. It feels like you have your own little cozy apartment. It was spotless and the bed was so comfortable my boyfriend who gets a bad back easily even was impressed. The kitchen is stocked with enough utensils and cookware that I was able to make a special gourmet breakfast for my boyfriend’s birthday (after stopping at the conveniently close Barnstable Market of course!). The shower was amazing and had five shower heads! In our bedroom area we had a window seat, and a chase lounge with a little table next to it which was ideal for the champagne and the cheese plate packages I ordered as a birthday treat. Last and certainly not least, Sweet 9 has a sliding door the leads right out into the pool area and hot tub. We had a set of table and chairs right outside our door and a small patio as well. It was so nice to sit there and unwind after a day of excursions. It was just paradise, yet we felt so at home. We were so sad to leave our room and we have talked about it every day since we left. What made it even more enjoyable was the little furry friends that would come up to us outside and inspect us. Tom and Ali have four little dogs that simply stole our heart. Some of my favorite moments were sitting with my boyfriend outside with Tom & Ali’s absolutely delicious breakfast and the Yorkie “Cosmos” and the Black Pomeranian “G. Willikers” running up to us playfully. To sum it up, the atmosphere and the amenities were superb.

There are so many reasons as to why Lamb & Lion Inn is the place to stay if you’re traveling to Cape Cod. The breath taking scenery and the convenient yet lovely location is perfect. Any room they provide is sure to be clean and comfortable. The pet-friendly atmosphere really helps create that home away from home vibe, too. The hosts are wonderful and so friendly. We really feel like we walked away from Cape Cod not only with a fantastic vacation experience, but also with some new friends. I can spend the day saying great things about the Lamb & Lion Inn but to sum it up…we will return some day soon!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Lamb and Lion Inn? Share your experiences!