“Memorial Day wkend at The lamb and Lion Inn” 5 of 5 stars

You added Lamb and Lion Inn to your Saves list
Lamb and Lion Inn
2504 Route 6A, Barnstable, MA 02630   |
Offers & Announcements
FREE whale watch tickets!
Ranked #2 of 6 Barnstable B&B and Inns
Brooklyn, New York
“Memorial Day wkend at The lamb and Lion Inn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

We had 3 beautiful, restful, and peaceful day at the Inn. Our room was spacious and just the right temperature for a great nights' sleep. Words just cannot describe how delicious breakfast was each morning. Ali sure made points with Mike with the the gooey sticky orange cake and for me the best treat was the creamy homemade yogurt with fresh fruit. Tom was really in his toes all weekend making sure all needs were met.This dog friendly inn created just the right atmosphere and memories for all guests this past weekend. We are already planning a return trip over Columbus Day. My only word to describe our stay is "spectacular."

Room Tip: Lair 4 was perfect for us.
Laurenjeff, Owner at Lamb and Lion Inn, responded to this review, June 2, 2012
Wow! Thank you so much! What a spectacular weekend weather-wise. Speaking of weather, all of our guests were worried about the weather report. This is something we hear often and have to educate guests on. Almost every day during Memorial Day weekend they called for "chance of rain". Here's the deal...there is almost no way of predicting Cape Cod weather. We stick out over the jet stream (weather pattern) about 14 miles. Boston's weather is often not only different much of the time, but can be severely different--and they are only just a little over an hour away!
So if you have to look at the weather report DO NOT watch Boston's weather. Check out Cape Cod's--and no matter what the prediction, don't put too much stock into it. It hasn't rained (or snowed) all that much the last couple of years here on Cape Cod, but even when it does, we have plenty of things to keep you busy!!

178 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Poughkeepsie, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

My boyfriend and I went to Cape Cod for three nights just over a week ago to celebrate his special milestone 30th birthday. I planned it as a surprise and really immersed myself in Cape Cod research for several weeks well before the trip. I saw inns and hotels that had ocean view rooms, which is something we always enjoy, and places with very low rates, which was also tempting. But for some reason, Lamb & Lion Inn stood out and seemed absolutely beautiful. So after reviewing the website and the available rooms again and again, I took the plunge…

This was the best decision I could have made! The perfection of the trip was such a relief as well as a rewarding feeling for all my hard work planning, especially since it was the first trip I ever planned in full.
Lamb & Lion Inn is tucked away in a quaint area of Barnstable yet incredibly close to the harbor, the village, and a walk away from a beautiful beach. This gave us the perfect mix of feeling like we were in our own little retreat and the convenience of a 5 minute drive to where our whale watching boat took off and one of our favorite restaurants Mattakeese (recommended by Tom). As far as the drive to anywhere else, even if it is further away, is a complete pleasure. Tom & Ali provide a self guided printed out tour that we took along with us everywhere we went to help take the scenic route and see every thing we could fit into four days. It is such a relaxing place to be, and we felt like we stepped back in time. To quote Tom, one of the gracious owners, everything in the area "looks like a Norman Rockwell painting".

Speaking of the owners, Tom & Ali are so incredible. They enhanced our trip not only with their clean, comfortable and fun accommodations, but also with their savvy tips and recommendations. Plans I had made already for our trip, they helped make them better. Some fun excursions I missed while planning, they told us to try and we could not be happier that we did. They gave awesome suggestions for places to eat, beaches to see and so many other absolutely amazing activities. In the morning if we happened to see them filling up the breakfast area with Ali’s delicious homemade treats, it was fun to discuss our experiences the night before as well as what we had in store for that day. We so enjoyed conversing with them in general. They were so warm and willing to share their vast knowledge of Cape Cod with us, and this truly encouraged us to experience the Cape to the fullest. I cannot say enough about their obvious love for Cape Cod and their hospitable nature. We are so grateful for the extra steps they took to provide us a fun and enriching trip.

I saw the beauty and charm of the inn while viewing the pictures, but one cannot begin to grasp how nice it is until staying there. There are so many rooms with awesome features at the Inn, but we stayed in the bright and relaxing Sweet 9. It feels like you have your own little cozy apartment. It was spotless and the bed was so comfortable my boyfriend who gets a bad back easily even was impressed. The kitchen is stocked with enough utensils and cookware that I was able to make a special gourmet breakfast for my boyfriend’s birthday (after stopping at the conveniently close Barnstable Market of course!). The shower was amazing and had five shower heads! In our bedroom area we had a window seat, and a chase lounge with a little table next to it which was ideal for the champagne and the cheese plate packages I ordered as a birthday treat. Last and certainly not least, Sweet 9 has a sliding door the leads right out into the pool area and hot tub. We had a set of table and chairs right outside our door and a small patio as well. It was so nice to sit there and unwind after a day of excursions. It was just paradise, yet we felt so at home. We were so sad to leave our room and we have talked about it every day since we left. What made it even more enjoyable was the little furry friends that would come up to us outside and inspect us. Tom and Ali have four little dogs that simply stole our heart. Some of my favorite moments were sitting with my boyfriend outside with Tom & Ali’s absolutely delicious breakfast and the Yorkie “Cosmos” and the Black Pomeranian “G. Willikers” running up to us playfully. To sum it up, the atmosphere and the amenities were superb.

There are so many reasons as to why Lamb & Lion Inn is the place to stay if you’re traveling to Cape Cod. The breath taking scenery and the convenient yet lovely location is perfect. Any room they provide is sure to be clean and comfortable. The pet-friendly atmosphere really helps create that home away from home vibe, too. The hosts are wonderful and so friendly. We really feel like we walked away from Cape Cod not only with a fantastic vacation experience, but also with some new friends. I can spend the day saying great things about the Lamb & Lion Inn but to sum it up…we will return some day soon!

Norwich, CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

We stayed 2 nights this May 2012, we really enjoyed the large, clean and comfortable room we had. It was at the end of the hallway and made for 2 nights of great sleeping. Tom was very helpful and friendly offering suggestions as to what to do in the area. I really enjoyed that it was pet friendly because I was able to see the owners dogs and guests dogs walking around the property, it made me miss my 2 pomeranians at home.

Room Tip: Our room was at the end of the hallway, room 1.
Weymouth, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

Had a wonderful stay at the Lamb and Lion Inn. The room was both spacious and clean. Tom and Ali were very friendly and gave us many different ideas as to what we could do. I traveled with my small dogs and they enjoyed it also. They loved the pet friendly beach Tom steered us to. One night we hired Amanda to watch "the boys" while we dined out. They loved Amanda right away and I felt very comfortable leaving them with her ( a first for me). It was nice to know they were being well taken care of when we were out. I liked that Tom assumed that the boys would be on the bed with me at night ( other Inns I have stayed at have a no pet on furniture policy) and gave us a sheet for them so I did not have to worry about any dirty paws from the beach. It was a great weekend and we are looking forward to going back soon.

Room Tip: We stayed at one of the rooms with direct acces to the pool.
Laurenjeff, Owner at Lamb and Lion Inn, responded to this review, May 9, 2012
What a wonderful review! Thank you for taking the time. If I'm not mistaken this reviewer is involved with Yorkies Inc, a small dog rescue league where we got our 2 guys, Prezza & Cosmos. We so honor the work that they do there, and we loved to see how much they loved their little guys. Want to spoil your pooch? Book him or her a room at the Lamb and Lion Inn!
Nantucket, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

This was my first time to the Cape and it was exactly what I needed in the middle of the winter. Peace, tranquility, the comforts of home and more. This place was the best thing I could have ever done for myself, giving me time for reflection during the quiet season. Ali and Tom are the BEST!! Very warm, friendly and gracious hosts. They make you feel very welcome and special... and, their furry little four legged kids are adorable! I am an Innkeeper myself and I really appreciated the attention to detail. They have gone "green" whenever possible and in a very tasteful manner. I especially could appreciate the effort put in to the breakfast preparations. They have this hot drink machine that gives you a ton of selections from Lattes, Cappuccinos to your basic hot cocoa and coffee. Not to mention the nice variety of options for breakfast including a fresh baked loaf of very tasty bread each morning, my weakness, and a yummy homemade granola. I am so pleased I happened on to this B&B for so many reasons, too many to mention. Not having been to the Cape before, Tom and Ali have a variety of self guided driving maps that take you everywhere. That was so helpful. I am extremely grateful that I was able to stay at the Lamb and Lion! I would definitely make an effort to return during the quiet time of the year and I highly recommend it to any of you that are reading this review. Thank you, Tom and Ali!! You are the best!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Hamden, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

Our family of five, plus our Boston Terrier, just returned from a 3 night stay at the Lamb and Lion Inn. We met Tom when we arrived and he was very informative and gracious- although he and Ali left the next day on a cruise, we were well tended to by their friend Chris. We stayed in the barn and it was perfect for us. We were able to cook some meals there and stretch out in the living room to watch the hockey play-offs. The bedrooms were comfortable and though there wasn't a lot of privacy, it worked fine for our group. We chose this place due to its proximity to the hockey rink where my son was playing in a Coast Guard tournament and because it allowed pets. We were given lots of information about local sites and restaurants (and we did enjoy a nice dinner at the tavern in town) and we also enjoyed the walking trails near the property. All in all, we'd highly recommend this spot in beautiful Barnstable, MA!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
RI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

We had a great, relaxing weekend at the Lamb and Lion. We stayed in Lair 4 which was roomy with the most comfortable bed. The outdoor hot tub as well as the breakfast room were just steps away. Tom and Ali are gracious hosts, making sure that there is everything you need. Be sure to ask for driving tour directions, they will show you out of the way finds to explore. There are walking trails behind the inn and also across the street, perfect for an after breakfast walk. We will certainly be returning.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Laurenjeff, Owner at Lamb and Lion Inn, responded to this review, April 7, 2012
Yes! Do ask us for those self-guided driving tours. They are one of our many "secret weapons"--and they're free! Things are still tough economically, and we understand (have you ever met a millionaire inn owner? I think not). Here at the Lamb and Lion we try to give our guests the biggest bang for their buck. The free tours are a great example. So is the hot tub--because we recently built a bigger & badder outdoor wood-burning fireplace next to it!
The bedding it first rate,and Ali loves when people compliment them. Thanks for making her day. It's the beginning of April, the pool is now open and the furniture is all out on the courtyard.
Happy Easter, and happy spring to you!

Been to Lamb and Lion Inn? Share your experiences!