“Sub-Par, Nothing Unique” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Ramblin Pines Campground

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Woodbine
Ramblin Pines Campground
You added Ramblin Pines Campground to your Saves list
801 Hoods Mill Road, Woodbine, MD 21797   |
Alexandria, VA
“Sub-Par, Nothing Unique”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

Upon arrival we were greeted by some very friendly staff and lead to our site by a nice staff member on a golf cart. He made sure we were situated on our site before he left and didn't rush us. We weren't happy with our site, but there was nothing that could be done about that since it was Memorial Day weekend and the campground was filled to capacity. We had never been to Ramblin Pines before, so when we booked our stay we had to depend on the lady taking reservations to give us a nice site -- we booked five months ahead and the lady said she put us on an excellent site -- she was dishonest. We took a look around the whole campground and we could not find a site worse than ours -- we would have been better off camping in our driveway where it meets the four lane road. There are some fairly nice campsites, but they are few and far between, and they are all occupied by seasonal campers which leaves only the bottom of the barrel sites for vacationing campers. Ramblin Pines is more of a trailer park than it is a campground with its super small sites with RVs packed in like sardines. Ramblin Pines would be fine for a place to stay for a night while traveling to a good campground farther away, but it is not the type of campground most would want for a vacation. There is a "dog park" which is about 40'x40' and there is a sign there limiting your visit to fifteen minutes -- this rule is strictly enforced by the owner's son who will make sure you know who is in charge, and speak to you in a way that will ensure you never return to this campground and cause you to write reviews to warn others of this man's bad attitude and rudeness. He is the owner's son, so his attitude towards guests is a direct indication of how people will be treated at his family's campground. It is my choice where to spend my money and I choose to never spend another penny at Ramblin Pines Campground. It is a shame I have to write such a harsh review, but I feel in this case it is warranted. I would much rather have had something good to write because that would have meant my long weekend vacation hadn't been ruined.

Room Tip: Make sure you look on Google Earth to get an idea of where your site is. Don't rely on the mana...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Parkville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

Just finished a weekend with a large group of people -- 43 to be exact... at Rambling Pines. The staff helped make the weekend very and relaxing and enjoyable. The rustic campground, the activies they have there are great, and the staff - could not be any nicer or more accomodating! We will be back many times! This is def a 5 star place!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Catonsville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

We have stayed several times at Ramblin Pines, in the cabin that overlooks the "lake". Our children were thrilled with the goats (they named them Georgie & Gracie), the cows that strolled into the "lake", the fishing, the pool, the country store, the ducks/geese that marched in single file several times each day, in and out of the water, our fires at night, accented by the color pellets purchased from the country store... We also had an impromtu wedding reception at the same beautiful cabin. Our friends rented the rest of the available cabins, although none had the same gorgeous view & deck as ours! The staff were incredibly accomodating, until the wee hours of the morning, and we couldn't possibly have had a better time! The ladies were so cute when we were checking out - they were all admiring my new wedding ring, like we were BFF's. It is the best place to vacation, & so close to home! When you hear "Are we there yet?", you are!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

We used to stay here all the time, usually 8-10 times a year, but the campground keeps going downhill. When we arrived today, the person at the gate was rude, the person in the office was rude, and then the manager came to our site and said I had to move my truck, even though it was parked legally on our space and not blocking anything. When we tried to tell them we had three handicapped people they simply said we could move it or leave. After spending $50+ a night for three day, we expected to be treated a little better. Thus campground has steadily declined over the last few years. The only bright spot is that the woman who organizes kids activities is really nice.

• Stayed October 2013
Sykesville, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Its a nice place, however, we were approached on three different occasions (7:00, 8:30 & 10:00) in reference to our volume. We were unable to hear our radio as it was, but told by staff that although they did not find our music to be loud...one other camper (out of 200 others) did. It is clearly stated that quiet time begins at 11:00pm. We are a group of families with children. It is a true blessing to give our children the experience of camping. Cousins running around and playing and evening smores doesn't seem like it should have to end at 8:00 because of one person complaining. I feel there should be a set standard. If 11:00 is quiet time, then that is what the person filing the complaint should be told. Our families shouldn't be "repremanded".

• Stayed September 2013
Wheaton, Maryland, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I went to Ramblin Pines becuase we needed a break, but didn't want to take time off work. Whats great about them is they are 30 minutes from my house but you really do feel like you are out in the middle of nowhere. They have nice sites, I have a two year old and the site was laid out so that your car blocks most of the access to the street, it was really easy to supervise my baby. They have cool fire pits, they have a flip on/flip off grate for grilling and they also have a charcoal grill on every tent site. There are so many things to do that you don't even need to leave the campground during the day. They have a bouncing pillow ($3.00 per person), pool, game room (half the games were broken), horseshoes, fishing pond (can't keep what you catch though) and other outdoor games. On the bad side, I think this isn't really a campground, I think it is really some sort of spider breeding program! I have never seen so many spiders in my life and I have been camping for 10 years! They do not clean spider webs and spiders off of ANYTHING, bathrooms, doorways, anything. They did not clean the bathroom the entire time we were there, I know becuase the same "dirt" was in the bathroom for three days. They also nickel and dime you to death. The wood is very expensive and the coffee is $1.00 for a really tiny cup (but to be fair when you buy other stuff they will often not charge for a cup of coffee). You have to pay a visitor fee if anyone comes and visits you in the day, many campgrounds have this policy, but it is strictly enforced here. They also have a very strict one tent per site limit even if it is only a one person tent. They actually came to our neighbors and told them to take the second one person tent down. Last thing was at night it was very noisy, I don't know if there is anything other campgrounds do about drunk guests who won't shut up at midnight, but they didn't do anything about it. They may not have known, but it sure kept me and my baby up. They are pricey, $45.00 per night for water and electric. After all is said and done I would go back becuase of how close it is to home, and we did have a wonderful and very relaxing weekend!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Martinsburg, West Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I am not a camper, so rented one of their cabins. Really small with the worst beds I have slept on in a long time. Had to make a trip to Walmart for a foam mattress because the springs in the mattress had no covering. They advertise free internet. Good thing it is free because it is non-existent. Campground is clean and in a good location but that is about it. Glad I wont have to go back there. Next time I spend $125 a night, it will be in a hotel! When sofa bed was out it blocks the front door. And there are no smoke detectors in the cabin.

Room Tip: Cabin says it sleep 3...only if you love togetherness.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodbine
Inn At Norwood
Hampton Inn Frederick
#5 of 22 in Frederick
4.0 of 5 stars 434 reviews
Hampton Inn & Suites Frederick-Fort Detrick

Been to Ramblin Pines Campground? Share your experiences!