“Pet Friendly” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Williamsport
Binghamton, New York
“Pet Friendly”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Room was clean and for the most part comfortable for the exception of the pillows they were very hard.
The area was nice I felt comfortable with the surroundings. I was not impressed with the front desk the lady had a attitude went looking for delivery menus and she blatantly told me we don't have any look in the phone book. What motel don't have delivery menu's? Especially in a area like Hagerstown??
I like Red Roof Inn because they are pet friendly and do not charge extra.

Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Santa Fe, NM
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This motel had a great price, was very dog friendly and a very friendly staff. It's nothing fancy but comfortable. Nothing at all to complain about here at this motel. We really like Red Roof Inns because dogs stay free.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Pompano Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

I have been here before so I knew what to expect.
The staff is very pleasant ..
The room had a moldy or musty smell as others said.
The room was clean and bed was comfortable.
The last time I went they had coffee and donuts in the morning and this time they only had coffee but happy to have that.
I would stay again mostly because of the no charge for dogs and it is acceptable for one night on the road.

Room Tip: Unless you stay right near the entrance your car will not be near your room.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Baltimore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

So I dont normally stay at a Red Roof Inn and was a bit skeptical for this stay. I was in the middle of a long bike trip from Pittsburgh to DC so I didnt have many choices. I found the room very clean and comfortable. The price was great.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Pittston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

I travel with my dog, so Red Roof is my "Go-To" motel when staying overnight while on the road. They have the least pet restrictions, and the rooms are very consistent. With that said, this motel is older, and it has not received *any* of the updates that are widespread across Red Roof properties. I guess the biggest complaint would have to be the same as everybody else. There was a musty smell to the room. The smell was definitely not overbearing, and it did not drive me out (as another reviewer stated), but it did exist. I am sure that this is an easy fix for the property, as all they have to do is update the rooms. I say this because one of the updates is removing carpeted floors and replacing them with laminate. The carpet was old, worn, and appeared to be the sourse of the musty smell. I also experienced a bathtub faucet that would not turn off. No matter what I did, there was a pretty strong flow of water running from the faucet, and it could not be turned off. It happened minutes before I was checking out, so it did not affect my stay. Positives; This is a *very* quiet motel. I did not hear slamming doors, traffic, or loud guests. The front desk clerk was very sweet. There are a HUGE amount of TV stations to choose from. Waffle House is literally in the same parking lot and McDonald's is across the small street. It is a quaint and quiet area, and despite some of the negatives, I would probably stay here again.

Room Tip: All rooms appeared to be quiet. I was in a room closest to the road and Waffle House, and I heard no...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

This hotel is fine for the rate they charge. No complaints and very adequate for a night.

The late night front desk clerk, Wendy, was very professional and did a good job. I was first booked in a room right next to the lobby, but had to be moved to another room due to no water pressure at all in the sink, or shower. I was very lucky I checked this almost immediately, if I had waited until getting into the shower this late at night I would have been very irritated. The sink had a trickle, and when I checked the shower, it didn't have enough pressure to make it to the shower head. Second room water pressure was fine, no problems.

Seemed a little 'musky' smelling, and carpet was old, but bed was comfortable and linens were clean. Bathroom was also clean, but the exhaust fan didn't work. Had a fridge and microwave, both worked and were clean.

Overall, it was okay for a night, and given the price of $63 on a Friday night, it was economical enough that I would return.

One final unusual thing - the parking is not very convenient unless your room is in the back building. There is a huge lawn in the front, which looks nice, but is worthless otherwise. It would provide much better and needed parking in front of the rooms for easier access, especially during foul weather.

Room Tip: Check water pressure immediately.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

We booked two nights, but had to leave during the first night's stay. The room had cobwebs behind the door and hair in the tub. It was the strong smell of mold that drove us out as it made my wife ill. We called the desk several times, but got no answer. I went to the office to check out and no one was there or responded. Later in the day when I called to be sure they knew we checked out and why, I was told only that the second night had been cancelled. No offer of anything.
This is the worst Red Roof Inn we've stayed at, after having some very nice experiences elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Williamsport hotels

Been to Red Roof Inn Hagerstown-Williamsport? Share your experiences!