“The Best Place to Stay in Williamsport!” 4 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Hagerstown-Williamsport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   310 East Potomac Street, Williamsport, MD 21795   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Williamsport
Nebo, Illinois
“The Best Place to Stay in Williamsport!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

For a chain motel, this place is good. Friendly staff, rooms are clean. Smoking rooms available. Plenty of towels in the bath and hot water. Cable TV and free Wi-Fi with the room. Staff is very accommodating to hiker-bikers on the canal towpath. Have laundry service on site, will lock up your machine and will let you use the hose to wash it off. Very close to several restaurants, a liquor store and convenience stores. There is taxi and municipal shuttle bus service if you want to go into Hagerstown proper. Several malls with Wal-Mart, Target, and sporting goods stores in the vicinity. There are no grocery stores in Williamsport. If you are active duty military or Veteran, show your ID card and get a great rate.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Its a fine basic hotel where my dog is welcome. Free coffee, no breakfast but plenty of spots nearby. There are nicer red roofs but there was nothing to complain about. I recommend the business king rooms - for a few $$ more you get a desk, fridge & microwave. Free wifi! Good staff. Easy access to I-70

Room Tip: Business king
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Culpeper
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

The beds were quite small! The staff was nice. The bathroom seemed clean but one shelf in the tub still had leftover soap scum like a lot. The vending machine only had a few selections in it and not very good ones. The price was good for what it was.

Stayed October 2013
Fleetwood, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

I have stayed at this location several times and I have never been disappointed. I make use of the work desk and the wireless internet. The location is convenient right off Rt81. The staff was very friendly and responsive to my questions and needs (Holly was especially helpful). The shower was great. My rooms have always had a microwave and refrigerator. The rooms are clean and comfortable, no frills and have no scent at all (amazing for a hotel). And the price is awesome. I will be back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Panama City, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I stayed here previously and gave it an ok rating. Stayed here again because it was halfway between where my friend and I both needed to be. Came in exhausted and went to bed. We were to stay Friday thru Wednesday. Our room was presumably cleaned everyday but Monday. They woke us at 8:30 am everyday, even with the do not disturb sign on the door. I noticed no vacuuming had been done but that was ok. The beds had been made. I always sleep nearest to the door and on the left side of the bed, near the nightstand. My great nephew came back to the hotel with me to pick something up on Tuesday and the bed was unmade. He asked if he could make it for me. I said yes. Then he asked if I had a baby...what? He had found a baby's sock on the right side of the bed and what looked like feces smeared near it! I told him to back away. We contacted management and a man who said he was head manager came and took a picture of it. He asked me why I hadn't noticed and I explained that I only slept on one side of the bed and each day before now, the bed had been made.
He apologized and said he would take something off the bill. I asked that housekeeping come remedy this while we were gone. Explained we would be back that evening. He said he would talk with them right away. We came back at 10:30pm to find NOTHING had been touched in the room. Upon calling the front desk, the best they could do was to offer 15% off our bill for the night and give us a top sheet. We finally just repacked the car and left. We left a message for the head manager who returned my call the next day but apparently just as he was leaving the building. I was driving and returned his call a half hour later and was told he would be in the next day. My friend has contacted the main office and we will see what happens from there.
Considering that they were charging nearly $70 each night, you would think that they could clean the rooms better. Also, not everyone gets up early, so they need to check on the rooms after 10am!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Williamsport hotels

Santa Rosa, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I had read older unfavorable reviews and almost didn't come... but I found the Red Roof to fit my needs. Clean unscented room, shower/tub, laundry and ice machine .. quiet and great staff...what more? Oh yeah great price for a double...
And we were given rags to wipe down our bikes and after we cleaned them up we stored them inside our room.

Room Tip: Get smoke free, animal free room. Lower floor if you are cyclist...that's what we have... No has...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Very Friendly and helpful staff that made sure we got all the benefits from our Red Roof Inn card that we are supposed to. Rooms were very clean with more amenities than other Red Roof Inns. My only criticism of the location is that it has obviously been recently remodeled and the rooms could still use more work. Also it is hard to get to the Ice Machine located in the center of the building. If you are at the far end or back side of the building, this makes it hard to get to. We would stay here again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Red Roof Inn Hagerstown-Williamsport? Share your experiences!