“I'm pleased” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Williamsport
Santa Rosa, California
“I'm pleased”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I had read older unfavorable reviews and almost didn't come... but I found the Red Roof to fit my needs. Clean unscented room, shower/tub, laundry and ice machine .. quiet and great staff...what more? Oh yeah great price for a double...
And we were given rags to wipe down our bikes and after we cleaned them up we stored them inside our room.

Room Tip: Get smoke free, animal free room. Lower floor if you are cyclist...that's what we have... No has...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

73 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Very Friendly and helpful staff that made sure we got all the benefits from our Red Roof Inn card that we are supposed to. Rooms were very clean with more amenities than other Red Roof Inns. My only criticism of the location is that it has obviously been recently remodeled and the rooms could still use more work. Also it is hard to get to the Ice Machine located in the center of the building. If you are at the far end or back side of the building, this makes it hard to get to. We would stay here again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Midland, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

This place is great when riding the C&O Canal. If you do the mileage the way we did, you will end up at Williamsport. Cyclists, don't get down when you get off the trail and there is that ugly busy hill to ride up. It is really quite short, no more than a mile, and then you turn right and you are at the Red Roof and they are all set up for you and your bike. They put cyclists on the first floor. It is so easy to remove panniers outside your door. Then you ride next door to the little car wash to rinse the mud and grime off your bike. The rooms are very well appointed with plenty of room for your bikes. You can also easily lock them right outside your room if you prefer.

We walked down into town to the pizza place there but the place across the street from the Red Roof gets much better reviews. Next door from it is a liquor store to get a bottle of wine to go with it. There is also an Asian restaurant and. Subway. We stopped at the Subway for a couple of sandwiches for the ride next day. On request, the Red Roof provides refrigerators, which we enjoyed.

Super place, super value. And even though it doesn't initially seem so as you are riding up to it, a great stop for the night on the C&O canal.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
seaford, de
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

A 2 mile bike ride from the C and O canal towpath...staff was friendly, 2 comfy double beds, fine shower, flat screen tv and room for our bikes...that's all we needed. Across the street a Subway rest. and Marcus's NY style pizza...a bunch of Italian dishes we thought were fine. The 24/7 Waffle House is right next door and good for a breakfast. You know what we expected for $60... we were happily mistaken!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Fenton, Michigan, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

We used this hotel because we were traveling with two cats. The rooms were clean but had a faint smell of other pets, we ran the air conditioner all night to avoid it. With that being said the staff were excellent and fixed a problem with our booking the wrong date. If you have a pet I would strongly recommend this place because there is no pet fee... Otherwise stay somewhere else.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Scotia, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

A good place to stay at a reasonable rate. They have clean rooms, and the hotel is located in a quiet area - but still is close to route 81. Sadly, there is no elevator to the second floor. Also, the swimming pool seems to be closed everytime that I stay there. Conveniently located right next to a Waffle House. Red Roof is pet friendly so it has been my hotel of choice for years.

Room Tip: Arrive early to get a parking spot near room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Panama City, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

I stay at the Red Roof Inn because, in previous hotels in this chain, I'd had wonderful experiences. The stay was okay for the most part but there were many roadway workers that felt the need to party pretty late. On the second night, I finally called the front desk to complain because it was after 11:30 pm and they were still partying outside their rooms. Even with the air on and the TV loud, I could still here them. I had two dogs with me and it was starting to cause them to want to growl. The front desk clerk said that I was the first to complain. I asked how many complaints were necessary before asking them to quiet down for the night.
They finally went inside when I came out myself and asked them to quiet down. Other than that incident, it was pretty uneventful.
There were no bedbugs and the bedding smelled fresh. The carpets are very worn and the bathroom small but it seemed fairly clean. There is another hotel not far (I found out later) in Spring Mills Rd. in WV that takes pets and seems to be much cleaner. This Red Roof will have to step up their game if they want to compete. I thought that $70/night was kind of high for a so-so room.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Red Roof Inn Hagerstown-Williamsport? Share your experiences!