“Stay at the Redroof instead” 2 of 5 stars
Review of CandleLight Inn Bed & Breakfast

CandleLight Inn Bed & Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Williamsport
CandleLight Inn Bed & Breakfast
You added CandleLight Inn Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
14 N Conococheague St, Williamsport, MD 21795   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Williamsport B&B and Inns
woodlawn md
“Stay at the Redroof instead”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

This was the least enjoyable stop on our C & O Canal bike trip. Of all the B & B's we stayed in along the way, Candlelight was by far the most minimal, least welcoming and most expensive. Yes, the room was clean and functional, but plain, even spartan, shared bath, with holes in the wall from when it was retrofitted between two bedrooms. The grounds, actually there's just a back yard, the Inn is a row house, were quite cluttered, dead plants in broken flower pots, unkempt garden, toys scattered around, generally run down.

Quite interesting that there was one "cash" price and a much higher credit card price. The explaination was that sales and lodging taxes that would have to be collected on credit card transactions. Hum? ??

Next time we bike the C & O and stop in Williamsport, we'll go the extra 1/2 mile up to the Redroof Inn. Certainly wouldn't be worst than Candlelight, but at less than 1/2 the price, a far far better value. They don't include a hot breakfast, but neither did Candlelight.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
innkeepertonya, Owner at CandleLight Inn Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, December 23, 2012
I have had no guests in november or december..I don't have holes in my walls..I DoNOT have a clutterd house..unless my babys packnplay in living room is offensive to you...my house has all basic needs and some xtras for my canal travelers.I don't have a garden although the few flower pots that I have. Provide fresh herbs. Fruit and veggies. I serve a hot fresh breakfast to all my guests. My room rates are 150 per night prior to taxes...don't u pay taxes when u lodge all other places..I do..I am very hospitable to each guest.making sure they are comfortable and have everything they need. Although this year not as much one on one with each since I have had a preterm baby that is very demanding..I have listed my inn for sale. But until the sale occurs, I will continue to welcome and cater to my canal travelers offering them a nice clean comfortable stay and a hot dellicious breakfast.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

This B/B is located near the C&O Canal Towpath and all that's happening in Williamsport. Comfy setting, wonderful appointments, incredible hospitality, and all made very homey by the family atmosphere! Definitely a must for any group biking the trail.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Selah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

This was the worst B/B on our bike trip. Way overpriced! Host was not very friendly. My husband forgot his camelback there and we continually tried to call her for a few days and left messages but she never returned our call. We were offering to pay her to mail it to us but she never would return our massages. PLUS - she insisted that we pay in cash (now what kind of a business only takes cash) Then she didn't want to give us a receipt for the payment. Our friends insisted on a receipt - she was not happy but gave us one. Not welcoming at all, told us that we couldn't wash out our clothes in the bathrooms (which were shared down the hall). This was the most expensive B/B on our trip but was by far the worst! Would not recommend it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
innkeepertonya, Owner at CandleLight Inn Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
From the moment these guests arrived they were disgusted because they didn't plan correctly and arrived in town early...they were rude upon checkin..rude to me when je didnt have a tv in his room..but i welcomed him to the family room when he was rude to my family and guests.went to dinner and straight to his room. Arrived down to breakfast with negative attitude stated he enjoyed breakfast but wanted to negociate rates.I offer a clean. Nice room and bath.this couple shared a bath with their friends.bath is in hall directly by room..fresh fruits. Freshly made belgium wafflqqes. Yogurt.juice. coffee.tea..I accept cash or credit cards.receipt sent via text and email at time of charge..a receipt was gladly given..all tho rudeness came very easy for this couple. My family remained hospitable.
Toronto
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Of the seven nights a group of women spent cycling the trails, this B & B was the lowest on the totem pole. It wasn't bad just not great. Unlike all the other places we stayed at we felt that the host was in it mainly as a business. From lack of welcome up front, to signs posted indiscretely advising of what not to do,and a somewhat mediocre breakfast....it just was not up to it's competition in the other towns. Price did not justify the ordinariness of the place.
Customer service not this B & B's strength.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Northville, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

Close to the C&O Trail but overpriced compared to other B&B's. It was clean but lacked ammenities and detail. No kleenex, television, internet, complimentary beverages. Must share bathroom. The bed creaked and woke you up every time you rolled over. Also owner would not waive cancellation fee eventhough the trail was impassable due to the July 2012 storm and fallen trees blocking the trial. Every other B&B let us cancel without penalty. Next time we'll bike right on past and stay in Shephardstown.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
innkeepertonya, Owner at CandleLight Inn Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Thank you for staying with me. From the moment my guests arrive they are ask to make themselves at home. I take pride in making my guests comfortable. I offer many amenities such Kleenex, lotions, blow dryer, in the central hall, additional pillows, blankets and laundry service upon request, snacks and beverages in the breakfast room, a basket with personal and pharmaceutical items in the foyer, body wash, conditioner and shampoo in each bath with plush linens, individual air conditioning controls in each room, television in the family room, Wifi,. I have a water barrel and hose for washing equipment and a secure garage for storage. As for the bed creaking, it has never been brought to my attention, but it is being addressed and will be taken care of. On my website it is stated and when a reservation is made, it is told that a two week cancellation applies. I had guests coming and going with no mention that the trail was impassable. Given that I am a small business, it is important that I have policies in place. I will continue hosting and catering to all my guests and welcome all.
Indian Head, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

Very nice bed and breakfast conveniently located near the tow path. The host is very hospitable and personable, and her B&B is quite comfortable. We recommend this as a place to stay while cycling the tow path.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Granville, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

Tanya does a fabulous job of making you feel right at home in her inn. The rooms are well appointed and spotless, breakfast was terrific, and she even managed to cook up steak dinners for 7 hungry guys who came in from a day on the C&O Trail. Highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Williamsport
Red Roof Inn Hagerstown-Williamsport
Ramada Plaza Hagerstown
Ramada Plaza Hagerstown
#7 of 21 in Hagerstown
4.0 of 5 stars 625 reviews

Been to CandleLight Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!