“Average” 3 of 5 stars
Review of CandleLight Inn Bed & Breakfast

CandleLight Inn Bed & Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Williamsport
CandleLight Inn Bed & Breakfast
Save Saved
You added CandleLight Inn Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
14 N Conococheague St, Williamsport, MD 21795   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Williamsport B&B and Inns
Northville, Michigan
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

Close to the C&O Trail but overpriced compared to other B&B's. It was clean but lacked ammenities and detail. No kleenex, television, internet, complimentary beverages. Must share bathroom. The bed creaked and woke you up every time you rolled over. Also owner would not waive cancellation fee eventhough the trail was impassable due to the July 2012 storm and fallen trees blocking the trial. Every other B&B let us cancel without penalty. Next time we'll bike right on past and stay in Shephardstown.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
innkeepertonya, Owner at CandleLight Inn Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Thank you for staying with me. From the moment my guests arrive they are ask to make themselves at home. I take pride in making my guests comfortable. I offer many amenities such Kleenex, lotions, blow dryer, in the central hall, additional pillows, blankets and laundry service upon request, snacks and beverages in the breakfast room, a basket with personal and pharmaceutical items in the foyer, body wash, conditioner and shampoo in each bath with plush linens, individual air conditioning controls in each room, television in the family room, Wifi,. I have a water barrel and hose for washing equipment and a secure garage for storage. As for the bed creaking, it has never been brought to my attention, but it is being addressed and will be taken care of. On my website it is stated and when a reservation is made, it is told that a two week cancellation applies. I had guests coming and going with no mention that the trail was impassable. Given that I am a small business, it is important that I have policies in place. I will continue hosting and catering to all my guests and welcome all.

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Indian Head, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

Very nice bed and breakfast conveniently located near the tow path. The host is very hospitable and personable, and her B&B is quite comfortable. We recommend this as a place to stay while cycling the tow path.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Granville, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011 via mobile

Tanya does a fabulous job of making you feel right at home in her inn. The rooms are well appointed and spotless, breakfast was terrific, and she even managed to cook up steak dinners for 7 hungry guys who came in from a day on the C&O Trail. Highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2011
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2010

When we arrived we were hungry and tired. The host was extremely helpful, provided us a spot for our bikes, nice warm showers and then even transported us to a local restuarant. The B&B was beautiful, very cozy, and clean. There were healthy snacks available at all times. The host went out of her way to make us feel at home. My friends and i are looking forward to returning next year when were travel the canal.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2010

CandleLight Inn is a quaint B & B, with a great location in Williamsport. Tonya Williams, the Innkeeper caters to cyclists.
Belgian waffles for breakfast were a delicous treat.
The room was tastefully decorated & the bathroom was clean.
Tonya is very hospitable & makes extra effort to accomodate her guests.
I reccomend this Inn for any travelers, not just cyclists.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Willard, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2010

My stay at the Candlelight Inn was relaxing, calm, quiet, and hostess was very sweet and accommadating . Very charming town, with friendly and helpful people. Alot of historic sites. The room was very nice in temperture, very clean, the bathroom sparkled,, and everything was in tip top shape. I would recommend anyone coming to or traveling on the C&O Canal in Williamsport, MD to stop and stay at the Candlelight Inn. I especiallly liked that I was able to lock my bike in a secure area.
I loved that the inn keeper had an organic garden with fresh peppers, tomatoes, basil, mint berries and many more herbs. She had an assortment of teas, coffees,hot cocoa, oatmeal, and lots of cereals.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
innkeepertonya, Owner at CandleLight Inn Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
I am sorry your bed squeaked..I have torn it apart..have no idea why it is doing this. Your are only tje second person that has had an issue..private baths are arranged upon request..for congregating the entore main level floor can be used.living room. Parlor.dining room where there iz always. Offee and tea.breakfast room..I try to make everyone feel at home and relaxed.very clean and accompdating.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2010

We spent a night at the CandleLight Inn Bed and Breakfast while cycling the C & O canal in September of 2010. We had a room on the street side of the house where traffic noise made sleeping difficult. In addition, a clock on a building nearby chimed loudly every hour through the night which will wake you up if the traffic noise doesn't. Our room shared a small, basic bathroom in the hall with two other bedrooms. Our room got too warm and stuffy during the night so I tried to open a window but was unsuccessful. I had to leave the door to the hall open slightly to get some ventilation. There were no numbers or locks on the doors. The house didn't provide WIFI, closet hangers, facial tissues in the room, or free snacks or free beverages. The waste basket in our room and in the bathroom contained trash when we arrived.
There were some good aspects to staying at the CandleLight Inn: It is convenient to restaurants in the center of town and the C & O Canal. The innkeeper was friendly, the beds comfortable and breakfast was good. Second servings at breakfast were offered to those who needed more food. Secure parking for bicycles was provided in a garage.
Overall, we felt that the $150 charged was twice what it should be given the fact that we left feeling like we needed more sleep.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Williamsport hotels

Been to CandleLight Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!