“OMG! Love this place” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Staten Island, New York
“OMG! Love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

We were on vacation from New York last time I was here was 20 years ago....all i have to say is it was worth the 20 year wait. Nothing is better then Maryland crab, hush puppies, fried shrimp, clam strips, some pale ale, sweet corn!!!! Finally bought myself a new shirt!!! Awesome time thanks!

• Visited August 2013

Utica,ny
“Two visits two different experiences”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

The first time we visited it was a very busy evening. We ended up sitting at the tables at the bar. Best experience. Fantastic bar staff. I wish I could remember the name of the woman that served us because she provided excellent service. We had the angry streamed shrimp. One pound of shrimp. Delicious with two sides. Well worth the price.

We went back the next night on the last day of our vacation. maybe you just can't got back. I ordered the crab cake meal which was identified as the special. When it came to the table I thought they had forgotten the crab cake. It had slipped under the lip of the salad bowl. Very small. It was definitely over priced. A few dollars more than the shrimp there was no comparison to our first meal. If I had to gage my experience on the second night I would not return. But because of the first night and the great service and food I will return again next year.

Visited August 2013
Morgantown, West Virginia
“Crabs, Corn, and Old Bay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I had never done a traditional Maryland crab feast. I'm not actually sure I'd do it again but my husband and I are both really glad we tried it out and that we did it here. In retrospect, while the crabs were good, the sides were AMAZING. I have never had such good corn in my life and the fried chicken was heavenly. Our waitress was also amazing. While definitely pricey, I highly recommend--especially if you've never done the traditional all you can eat Maryland crab feast. Oh, and be ready to smell like Old Bay for at least a day or two!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Summit Point
“Good food...Great Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Found this place 2 years ago while we were at Ocean City's Bike week. It was on the list bars/restaurants that were participating in the Cruizin' the Coast event. Took my in-laws there this year for Mother's Day. Food was great... staff was amazing. Everyone had a great time. Definitely worth the hour and 20 minute drive for us. Just a neat little place out in the middle of no where!

• Visited May 2013
Indian Head, Maryland
“Great Service bad food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

My husband and I were really looking forward to our first crabs of the season. I saw a show on MPT that mentioned this place and thought it would be a neat experience. So we drove 3 hours to eastern shore, took the quick ferry to the restaurant and was there when they opened at 5:30 on Friday. Wait staff were rock stars. Crabs were TERRIBLE. The AUCE starts with all the fillers first then they bring you a half dozen crabs. These crabs were clearly reheats. In fact some of them were going bad as the smell off ammonia appeared from the claws of a few but not the bodies. Some were just all bad. So we powered through thinking they would get better as they moved through their old stash. They didn't and we were so disappointed. Husband and I both agreed if we had gone later in the weekend, when the old crabs were gone it would have been a different story but we wont go back. I waited to write my review because I just wanted to let it settle first. I was so upset the crabs were bad and this is what they are known for. Some had seasoning, some didn't. No we didn't tell our waitress and her tip did not suffer. Long time crab eaters we understand the need for a restaurant to utilize food but this place is known for its crabs, why would they reheat and re-serve? We eat crabs often over the summer time, most times weekly so we are not new, not inexperienced, just truly disappointed that they ruined the experience by serving "left-overs".

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Been to The Red Roost? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage The Red Roost, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.