“Great staff, great location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ultimate Watersports

Ultimate Watersports
7200 Graces Quarters Road, Gunpowder Falls State Park - Hammerman Area, White Marsh, MD 21220
410-335-5352
Website
Improve this listing
Type: Sports Camps/ Clinics, Tours, Sports
Baltimore, Maryland
“Great staff, great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Breathtaking location. Outgoing, energetic and gracious staff. Amazing selection of water and land activities that appeal to any group.

We hosted a corporate event with over 80 guests. The large pavilion provided by Ultimate Watersports provided more than enough space for our group to enjoy lunch in the early afternoon and a crab feast later in the day. We also took advantage of almost every activity available to us including stand-up paddle boards, water volleyball, land volleyball, cornhole, sailboats, and kayaks. The team at Ultimate Watersports even orchestrated a mini-Olympics for us which took the day to another level. And afterward, our “Olympians” relaxed on a sailing tour with a certified captain. Every member of the staff exuded a love and appreciation for the outdoors that was truly contagious - they were even able to help engage those that hadn’t planned on stepping foot in the water.

Not a single dull moment, or a worry from start to finish. Would love to work more with Hal and the team at Ultimate Watersports in the future.

Visited September 2013

Tampa, Florida
4 attraction reviews
“Go paddling - have some fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Staff was very kind, knowledgeable, and accommodating. They offer unique, fun trips/packages/activities. Based on my experience (one trip), I recommend them.

Please be aware - Ultimate Watersports seems to run on a skeleton administrative crew (not in itself a negative, but) this means you should contact them well in advance to assure a spot on a particular tour. The only downside I encountered was wanting to take the trip with a friend. Unfortunately, my companion was not contacted by Ultimate Watersports until it was too late to join the fun...

Visited June 2013
Timonium, Maryland
“4 Hour Kayak class”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

The 4 hour sea kayak course taught by Missy and Mike was awesome. The instructors were great and I learned a lot from them. I can honestly say that after taking the course I feel more comfortable and confident about my kayak skills. I was very impressed in how flexible they were to adjust the course to address the needs/fears of the students. I would highly recommend them to anyone wants to improve and learn kayaking skills.

Visited June 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Standup Paddleboard Yoga Fitness”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

My friends and I just attended the first SUP Yoga Fitness class of the year this past Saturday and it was excellent! After a short lesson on how to do standup paddle boarding from Tyler, we enjoyed a beautiful morning paddle, with our yoga instructor, Colleen, pointing out interesting birds. An hour of yoga on our boards, with plenty of encouragement and giggles, finished with Colleen reading a poem as we rested in corpse pose (chavasana). After another paddle around the inlet, we arrived back at the beach just in time for the morning rush to take their kayaks and boards out on the water. It was the perfect way to spend a relaxing Saturday morning. I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys nature and meditative exercise, even if you are a novice to both (we were all new to paddle boarding).

Visited June 2012
bethesda
“Best kept watersporting secret on the Chesapeake”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

I have kept meaning to write a review- I discovered UW two years ago and regularly go windsurfing. The staff and equipment are great, and the rates are so reasonable. They have kayaks and hobies too. My wife and kids- and parents- have gone kayaking and really enjoyed it. The bay is beautiful, wide and safe at this point. Cannot recommend them enough. The public beach has shade and swimming and barbecue pits, and must also be one of the best kept secrets.

Visited June 2012