“Here is my pro - con list” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Avenue Shopping Package
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in White Marsh
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Here is my pro - con list”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I like to provide a pro - con review based on the things that I'm looking for - cost, cleanliness, walkability of the area, safety, eat/drink options. My wife and I are working professionals in our 40s so what works for us may not work for you. Typically we spend a minimal amount of time in the room.
Cost - This hotel was the cheapest of the sounding hotels however you don't sacrifice anything by staying here. My room was average to small but it was nice. My wife and I stayed at this hotel over a weekend so there wasn't a lot of people but I didn't notice any noise from other rooms, from people walking down the hallway, or from the outside. My room had a small desk and a flat screen TV. I didn't note if the hotel had pay-per-view however i noticed there were at least 2 free movie channels (HBO & HBO2). Parking was free. FREE INTERNET and the internet was easy to hook up to. I'm not sure if they offered room service but the hotel provides a nice breakfast bar - pastries, muffins, omelets, waffles and a few other things. The hotel lobby provides hot tea and coffee 24/7. We didn't have a refrigerator but there was an ice machine at the end of the hall. According to the sign in the bathroom, the hotel provided toileties if you forgot something.

Cleanliness - This hotel seems newer so everything was really clean, down to the caulk around the bath tub. The beds were comfortable and bedding was soft. Our bed had 4 to 6 pillows.

Walkability of the area - The area is very walkable. We walked to mall and some of the surrounding retail shops.

Safety - This area is very safe. I walked out to my car around mid-night to get something and I felt very comfortable. The area is not a neighborhood so I didn't see people around the hotel that weren't staying at the hotel. I'd be comfortable leaving my car unlocked in the parking lot.

Eat/drink options - With mall a few 100 feet away there are plenty of options for all kinds of food. We walked over to the Red Brick Station for dinner and I couldn't have been happier - great craft beer and food.

I always to find some negative to report and I'm really reaching with this but - the bath tub was small so taking a bath didn't seem like an option. .

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
MCR P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore / White Marsh, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences after your recent trip to our Hampton Inn and I particularly like your “Pro vs. Con” concept in writing reviews. We’re certainly glad that you chose to stay with us for the weekend and it’s also great to hear that you had a chance to experience some of our local flavor in restaurants and shops.

We truly appreciate your wonderful comments and hope you will come visit us again!

With heartfelt thanks,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
small town
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my son for one week in December 2012. We were pleasantly surprised by the friendliness of the entire staff. I can honestly say every single employee of this Hampton Inn is polite, helpful and willing to do what it takes to make your stay enjoyable.

I have a rare allergy to plastic and can only eat and drink out of non-plastic items. I explained this problem to the manager at the reception on the first morning of our stay, when I noticed that the breakfast cutlery and plates were plastic. They were very accommodating, one of the kitchen staff literally ran to the neighboring Garden Inn hotel to borrow a set of metal cutlery and a china plate and a mug, so that I could eat my breakfast without risking an allergic reaction.

They kept this set in the kitchen for me and brought it to me every morning. I was extremely grateful for their help and understanding. I always feel like such a nuisance when I explain about my allergy but the whole staff made me feel at ease.

As for the rest of the hotel, everything was great - the room was spotlessly clean and the beds very comfortable.

We were happy to use the free wireless Internet, too.

The parking lot behind the hotel was convenient because you can reach it through the back entrance and not walk through the reception area.

The location of the hotel was very convenient as well: right next to the White Marsh Mall, just a minute to the interstate and from there only about 20 minutes to Baltimore.

When we go back to this area, we will stay at Hampton Inn White Marsh again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post a great review after your recent visit to our hotel. The Hampton Inn White Marsh Staff prides itself on making everyone feel like family and we are so happy that you had a chance to experience this feeling!

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and our goal is that our guests will choose us as their home-away-from-home when visiting the Baltimore area.

If I can be of assistance to you in the future, please feel free to contact me at 410-931-2200.

Best regards,

Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I went on my weekend getaway with my fiance' and this hotel is just beautiful, and peaceful. We had dinner right across from the hotel and there's plenty of shopping to do. If you are looking to have a fantastic time, I would recommend taking a weekend getaway to the Hampton Inn White Marsh in Baltimore Maryland. We plan to visit again very, very, soon. Our thoughts and memories are wonderfully great!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for selecting the Hampton Inn White Marsh for your weekend get-away and we truly appreciate you sharing your experiences on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to read that you had a great experience and was able to enjoy some of our local restaurants and shops.

We truly value you as our guest and look forward to another opportunity in making a memorable stay for you and your fiancé. If we can be of assistance in arranging your next visit, please let us know!

Warmest regards,

410-931-2200
Abingdon, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

My husand and I decided just a few days before our wedding that we didn't want to spend our wedding night at home. All that was available was a smoking room. Neither of us are smokers, but we didn't notice any odor. I wouldn't have even known if it weren't for the ashtray that was provided. The room didn't really have any bells and whistles but it was nice enough. The bed was very comfy. We also enjoyed the free continental breakfast the next morning. We live pretty close so we really don't have a reason to stay there again, but I would recommend it to anyone traveling to the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Congratulations and thank you for selecting the Hampton Inn White Marsh for your wedding night. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor and it’s great to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us.

If I can be of assistance to you in the future, whether planning a trip for yourself or family members visiting the area, please let me know!

Best regards,

410-931-2200
Milford, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Loved everything but the bed which was too soft for my taste and lack of fridge! Great layout, very quiet and inviting atmosphere. Staff outstanding. Good breakfast buffed and excellent coffee. Right next to White Marsh shopping and IKEA!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at our Hampton Inn in White Marsh. We are happy that you had a relaxing visit and were also able to check out the shopping in our area. I love IKEA, too!

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and comments, such as yours, are used to help us make each and every guest experience the best it can be.

We look forward to seeing you again!

Best Regards,

Allentown, Pa.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Stayed one night on business. Pleasant and prompt check in. Room was clean and comfortable. Free wi-fi was a nice touch. Fitness center had only an elliptical, treadmill and a bike, and the treadmill died on me after 4 minutes. (Note to runners: run outside at your own risk. There are no trails, few sidewalks and lots of traffic.) Decent breakfast -- enjoyed the almonds with the oatmeal. Location is convenient if you don't mind driving places. It's inconvenient and almost dangerous to walk to restaurants and shops in the nearby shopping center.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor after your visit at our hotel. It’s great when guests take the time to share their experiences for future travelers.

I am glad we were able to provide you with clean, comfortable accommodations during your visit and you had a chance to enjoy our "On The House" breakfast.

If you should need my assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me by phone at 410-931-2200.

Warmest regards,

Beacon, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

This hotel is conveniently located about 20 minutes outside of downtown Baltimore. It is worth the drive to save on higher hotel fees and parking fees inside the city. The hotel is located within walking distance of a huge shopping area and many restaurants. The hotel was quiet and clean, and service was excellent. The staff was very friendly, and the breakfast buffet had something for everyone. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. Will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn Baltimore / White Marsh? Share your experiences!